All reviews charles bridge common room person dorm great location nice kitchen bed mixed dorm clean sheets old town wifi connection reception area big bathroom within walking distance three nights on foot reception staff prague castle beds
Reviewed 14 May 2013

When I arrived they placed me in an 8 bed even though I paid for a 4 bed. I complained and they said that they are fully booked and placed me in a 6 bed with a 2€ discount. I booked weeks in advance and even made a full payment in advance.

In the room It looked like a tornado went through the place! VERY messy! Clothes everywhere. Not all the lockers in the room work, some of the doors are falling off when you open them. I asked for my money back so I can look for another place but they said because i took the key I accepted the room so they will not refund.

The place is VERY noisy! Doors slamming and people drinking & shouting in courtyard till the morning hours. Struggled to sleep all night.

Date of stay: May 2013
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank WynandV
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Very nice place in a very strategic location.
I experienced amazing hospitality.
The people who work at the hostel are super friendly and always have a great smile :) They are also very helpful when you have any questions.
The beds are really comfortable. The bedrooms and the bathrooms ARE very clean.
Fresh towels are provided.
Thank you for the great hospitality. Can't wait to go again soon!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 May 2013

This was my second stay at Hostel Mango and I was even more impressed than the first. A former hotel, the rooms are clean and comfortable. The price cannot be beat. I even paid for a bunk in a 6 this time and had the whole room to myself. I'm guessing this might be because Mango is a little bit off the beaten path but the Charles Bridge is literally a half a block away, you are right there at the foot of the hill up to the castle and old town is still less than a 15 minute walk (even less if you want to take a tram). I walked to and from the main train station without a problem. A quieter street but there is a great locals bar on the corner and a grocery a block away on the main drag (that has a great selection of Bio products as well as pastries) to stock the kitchen should you like (coffee and tea available anytime). The (free) WiFi is a little spotty in the rooms unfortunately but is solid in the courtyard and reception area. Staff was helpful and quick to offer advice should it be needed. I appreciate too that they take Czech Koruna or Euros. I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Prague.

Date of stay: December 2012
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Great place and great and friendly people.The dorm rooms are definitely the best room i have ever been in in an hostel.
The hostel has free fruit every day and good wifi in reception area and inside the rooms, although the connection is not so strong for smartphones or tablets.
It is THE cleanest hostel room i have ever been in with very comfortable beds and a nice large bathroom.
The social room has comfortable couches and a tv to chill out and the breakfast can be eaten there too.

For the price value ratio i would say this exceeds any I have ever been in and therefore is worth to spend the time and write this review, which I never actually do.

Definitely recommended for either a group of friends or couples or even if ur flying solo in the beautiful city of Prague.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Kobeisy
Reviewed 24 April 2013

I stayed here for only one evening, but nonetheless it was a wonderful experience. It was a bit of a confusing walk to the hostel from the Metro station, but once you find the hostel, you won't forget where it is. The location is wonderful; the hostel is tucked away in a nice, quiet area, about a 5 minute walk to the Charles Bridge. There are a couple of charming, small business around that I also checked out (cafes, bookstores, souvenir shops). The staff is very friendly and available 24/7. The hostel is very clean. The sheets were fresh, the bathroom was well-maintained. Each bed has a storage unit (about 4.5 feet high by 2 feet wide and about 2.5 feet deep) that is very convenient for storing your belongings. If you have any valuables, they have lockers to use, free of charge. There is also free WiFi.

My only dissatisfactions were that the WiFi was very slow and kept disconnecting, and that there was only one bathroom per dorm room (which was up to 14 people). Because of this, there's always a wait for the shower or toilet, which can be a bit inconvenient.

Overall, I think this hostel is a very good place to stay and very affordable for those travelling on budget.

Room tip: Any room is good, really. There's no noise from outside and the temperatures in the room are well-regulated. However, the single beds are placed really close together (a bit too close for comfort, in my opinion). I was sleeping in a bed about 2 feet away next to someone who snored quite loudly! So if you want a little more personal space then try to go for a bunk.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo