Hostel Mango
US$151
US$138
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscommon roomcharles bridgeperson dormgreat locationnice kitchenold townthe staff was friendly and helpfulwifi connectionbig bathroomreception areabeds were comfortablewithin walking distancethree nightsvisit praguesafesensuitecastle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 July 2013

The studio apartment that I rented through Mango hostel is quality with a capital Q. When you click on the ‘Reservation’ button on the website and see the poor photo and description don’t be put off. The hostel has no idea how to market this excellent new apartment.

This apartment is in a fantastic location 1 min from Charles bridge- in fact when you open the windows and look out to the right side you can see the end of the famous bridge.

The apartment is located in a newly renovated building with all the mod cons. When entering the apartment via the 5th floor the bathroom is to the left. It has stylish miniture white pearl tiles and modern basin with a new washing machine for your use.

The main area of the apartment is fitted with a huge new king size bed with quality mattresses and new linen.

The kitchen is brand new as well and the cook top is high tech- so much that it took me 20 min to work out how to use it. There are pots and pans if you want to cook any meals etc. 5 tram stops away is a big tesco if you want to buy fresh produce

When making the booking I was worried about the noise factor. I can confirm that there are no pubs or nightclubs in this street off the charles bridge. There’s a restaurant 50min away near the tram stop. It plays violin in the evenings which is nice when the windows are open at night.

It’s a shame the new TV doesn’t have cable as it would be good to watch BBC news but for the price of this apartment one cannot expect everything.

To conclude, if your after a quality, new and stylish apartment in an excellent location then I highly recommend you chose this fairly priced option 1500c per night. I will 100% come back and stay here again. I think you can see the actual building location on the following website as they are still selling these new flats… mostecka-21<dot>cz

Room Tip: Rent the studio apartment...its excellent value for money
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I have been there with some friends, and a lot went wrong. We booked a 4-bed room around 4 months in advance and when we arrived they told us that all the 4-bed rooms are booked and that we can only have a 3-bed room with an additional mattress. The bathroom was dirty as well as the room. The staff was friendly but not really competent.
We were not really satisfied with the hostel, but the location close to the charles brigde was good after all.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 May 2013

It's in the most beautyful and touristic area of Prague, near the best pubs, restaurants and clubs and it's cheap, clean, confortble and has a very nice staff. The common area has a lot of sofas and TV but no wifi there, but you have wifi in the room. I totaly recommend, but dont trust the lockers of the rooms, they are easy to open.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 May 2013

The best hostel I've ever stayed! Everything was perfect! I would definetely recommend it! Very Clean, helpful stuff, free apples on the desk! The beds are really comfortable. The bedrooms and the bathrooms ARE very clean.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 14 May 2013

When I arrived they placed me in an 8 bed even though I paid for a 4 bed. I complained and they said that they are fully booked and placed me in a 6 bed with a 2€ discount. I booked weeks in advance and even made a full payment in advance.

In the room It looked like a tornado went through the place! VERY messy! Clothes everywhere. Not all the lockers in the room work, some of the doors are falling off when you open them. I asked for my money back so I can look for another place but they said because i took the key I accepted the room so they will not refund.

The place is VERY noisy! Doors slamming and people drinking & shouting in courtyard till the morning hours. Struggled to sleep all night.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo