“Poor customer service”
Review of Hostel Mango

Ranked #45 of 691 Speciality Lodging in Prague
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I stayed at Hostel Mango for 2 nights and based on my experience I can just tell you that the staff here don´t have any idea of how to threat a customer.
We arrived at the hostel pretty late on a Saturday and after doingthe check-in the guy at the reception indicated us that our room was in another building, a new one which according to him was 2 minutes walking from the hostel. So He just said go to the mainroad; when I asked him what number he said dont worry is just next to MCDonalds.
After bein unable to find it, I came back to the hostel leaving my friend in the middle of the street at 2 am in Prague. The guy at the reception apologised to me and said sorry the number is the 27 and your room is in th 5th floor. I came back and number 27 didnt exist. After this my friend headed back to the hostel again and this guy just asked her to bring all our stuff back.

Finally we got our room after two hours and all of this becasue the guy didnt know where our room was located (which was in the hostel of course).
Next morning I asked to have hour two hours back so we could have a late check-in and the girl at the reception dindt like this, and although we got it her attitude was very bad.

I would not recommend to use the washing mashines, not only becasue is expensive, but it is so confusing that even the staff dont know how to use them!!.

Good points about this hostel, the location and that it seems very clean. Apart from this better avoid it!!

Room Tip: Do not use the washing machines here, they are expensive and the staff cant even explain you how to...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Hostel Mango is quite easy to locate, so you probably won't have any trouble finding it.
It is located in a very cute street and the exterior looks very nice.
The hostel is five minutes away by foot from the famous Karl's bridge which means that the old town and almost every touristic attraction are within walking distance, absolutely perfect!

Once arrived and checked in, you are welcomed by quite a few flights of stairs (it depends on which room you get though). Therefore, traveling with a large and heavy suitcase could be a bit of a hassle.

The rooms are cozy and warm, the bathrooms are quite clean and the hostel offers a really nice communal area in the basement where also the kitchen is located.
The staff is amazing and really helpful and the wifi also worked properly.

I had such a nice time staying in this hostel, met lots of lovely people and would definitely come back again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank AiaSierra
Hostel M, Manager at Hostel Mango, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing Your experience and leaving such a great review. We are very glad to hear You liked our services. We do our best to provide for you the most hospitable and comfortable accommodation in Prague and on Your next visit you’ll like it even more.
Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 3 September 2013

The best part about this hostel is the location: it's extremely close to the Charles Bridge, making it an easy walking distance to many of the main tourist attractions.
Comfy bed. Clean. Plugs and reading lights for each bed.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you for Your review. We are very glad to hear You like stay in our hostel. The Hostel Mango improves its services from day to day to make Your stay much better. A lot of improvements are being prepared for the next season, so we look forward to see You at Hostel Mango again!
Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 24 August 2013

Unlike all other hostels we have stayed in they exercise no flexibility and are so pedantic. We stayed here previously.

We made a mistake on our booking the second time and called within 30 minutes to correct it. Not only did they kick us out when we had nowhere to stay and did not offer us any help when we had nowhere to go and it was late at night already they took full payment for a room we didnt stay in.

Thanks for nothing. Definitely not in the spirit of hostel hospitality.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 23 August 2013

The location of Hostel Mango definitely made it one of the best hostels we stayed in during our travel around europe. The Charles Bridge is 1 minute away and is a great halfway point between Prague palace and Prague old town across the bridge. Rooms were good with 2 plug sockets by every bed. Wifi could have been improved as it wasnt consistent. Also we didnt have hot water in our bathroom, which wasnt much of a problem in the summer because of how hot it was!

Reviewed 23 August 2013

The hostel's location is perfect, right next to the Charles Bridge making traveling around the city very easy. The room I stayed in was very nice with an en-suite (shared with 5 others), a very comfy bed and 2 bedside sockets. The reception was great as it offered leaflets of places to visit during the day and nightlife (I really recommend the bar crawl which ends at the 5 storey club). Only thing that I would say needs improving is the wifi because it worked occasionally if you stayed in the same position and didn't move! If you are traveling to Prague then i really recommend Hostel Mango.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

I'd like to give a better evaluation to this hostel but unfortunately I couldn't and I'll explain why (I hope that the staff of the hostel will read my review so maybe they could tell me if I was just unlucky or change a bit some things in the hostel). So let's start from the more positive thing: the position is incredible, just two minutes walking from Karluv Most (St Charles Bridge) so you are close to everything and you can visit the city by walking (they have also really efficient subway service but you won't probably need it to visit the center). The staff was cordial and helpful; our room was clean but a bit messy, with lots of things who looked like they need to be fixed or changed. Anyway it's a cheap hostel and it was fine; the main problem for us was the kitchen that was almost unusable. There was a total disorder in the whole kitchen, no label for the food in the fridge, dirty dishes everywhere and in the night lots of glasses, empty bottles and other stuff left all over the kitchen and the common room close to it; in the morning the staff cleaned everything but I think they should take more care about guests being respectful of the common areas and clean what they use, I think it should be obvious but looks like there it wasn't. I really hope they will improve it because I'm sure if they do my evaluation could easily become very good or excellent :)

1  Thank Fabio L