Good points - location, price, breakfast
Bad points - basic room, bathroom, staff unfriendly, noise disturbance.
This hotel was in a great location for what we wanted, right behind old town square. We were able to walk to all the sites we wanted to. A 1 min walk into old town square, a 10 minute walk to Charles Bridge.
The price was great (we paid £193 for 3 nights for 3 people sharing 1 room), but I think this was reflected in the quality of the hotel. Everything that we needed was there, but guess it was all quite basic. I felt the room we were given did not quite reflect what I was expecting from the photos and hotel website, but I think there is quite a mixture of rooms inside - some which have been renovated, and others (like ours) which are still very basic so it may depend which room you end up with. The room just could have done with a few nice finishing touches - things like plants, or pictures on the walls, just some very basic additional touches would have helped to made it feel a little more luxurious.
The bathroom was tiny - and very unlike the photos of some of the new rooms. The bath was half the size of a normal one, with a low shower and no shower screen or curtain which ended up soaking the entire bathroom - not ideal when several of you are sharing.
The main issue with this hotel is noise. You can hear everything through the hotel doors, and we were woken up on 2 out of 3 of our nights by other residents coming in late or cleaners early in the morning. I believe there is an attic room at the top which sleeps several which is probably often let out to groups - if they come back late they have to walk past every other room in the hotel up the stairs to get there and will therefore most probably cause disturbance.
Breakfast consists of a simple but pleasant buffet. Cereal, breads, hot dogs, pastries, yoghurts, cheese and cold meats, and some fruit is available in a small dining room.
Staff are not very friendly - a smile wouldn't have taken much!
Overall I would recommend this hotel if you want somewhere cheap and in a good location, but aren't overly fussed about spending much time in your room or it being basic. I visited with 2 other friends and it suited us fine, but a slightly nicer room would have been good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The house of the hotel was built in the 15th century. It consists of two adjoining buildings. The complete renovation to a small comfortable hotel was finished in May 2002 (the left building) and in April 2003 (the right building). The house is located in the historical centre of Prague in the street U Radnice, only 100 metres from the Old Town Square, opposite to the house where once lived the writer Franz Kafka. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), HostelWorld, Odigeo, Agoda, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Hotel U Tri Bubnu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The House At The 3 Drums Hotel (u Tri Bubnu)
- Hotel Reseidence u Tri Bubnu
- Reseidence u Tri Bubnu Hotel