Hotel Dalimil
  • Restaurant
Columbo(Prague)
Grand(Prague)
View Hotel
All reviewsacross europepleasant hotelwifi connectionroom was spaciousminute walkold towntramcityfurniturestaromestskachannelsmeatssupermarket
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 December 2010

Had a rest in hotel Dalimil from 16.12.10 till . From the positive moments it is possible to note: a close arrangement of hotel to the center, railway station, the underground. Have got in inter-season period, therefore there was a sensation of full loneliness in hotel. From the first minutes lead in hotel, it became clear, that to us are not glad. The girl on recepshn was very serious with the frowned eyebrowes. Whether it is very tired from the work, whether from the Russian tourists. As to russian tourists, them really do not love. Despite of an abundance of Russian tourists and for the sums left by us in Prague, smile to us extremely seldom and not willingly. But we shall return in Dalimil. Number in hotel was pure, but not absolutely cosy. From a window the barrel, was not washing-up liquids, except for soap, absence of a hair drier, a teapot. Coming late at night, it would be desirable to drink tea, and there is no place. Considering absence of restaurant or a bar in hotel, it was necessary to be content with cold juice in number. As to the personnel to us tried to help with the decision our problems, however the language barrier in every possible way interfered with it. Pleasant exception has appeared the worker of hotel Petr Burka. Which really, at any time, is ready to come to the aid. Very honesty executes the duties. It is visible, that the person is interested in development of tourist business in Czechia, and as in increase of service of service. It unique to speak in Russian and with greater attention concerns to the decision of the arisen questions, as concerning hotel, restaurants, and travel to sights of city and vacation spots. It would be desirable to wish it the further successes and promotion in career. As to the Prague, the architecture of ancient structures has very much liked. And on narrow streets in the center of Prague again it would be desirable to return.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank Milania47
Reviewed 23 October 2010

The Hotel is situated near the city centre (Stare Mesto) and to get to downtown is extremely easy. Almost in front of the Hotel there is the Bus Stop 133 which takes you at the city centre in not more than 15 minutes.
The room was spacious, ample, clean and in the bathroom there was the bath.
Compared with other Hotels of the same level and that can give the guest the same services the price per double room per night was actually the best one.
The breakfst buffet was really complete with cold cuts yogurth, mueslis, cheeses, eggs, fruit juices, sausages and even soups. It was all delicious.
It's worth going out in the evening even in the Hotel's neighbourhood. Though is not directly in the city centre there are so many restaurants where several cuisines are proposed (from the czech to the chinese) and pubs where you can eat extremely well and at a very reasonable price (much more convenient and cheaper than eating somewhere downtown) and where you can taste and drink the delicious, tipycal and the very good czech beer, probabily the best european beer. Last but not least, it deserves to be mentioned that in this Hotel the staff is very very friendly. We'd like to thank the night porter and, especially, we'd like to thank Petr, for the professionalism with which he attends the clients, and of course attended us.
Keep on so Petr, it won't be at random if in a few years you'll be in the management of a big czech hotel chain.
Prague amazes the tourist for its stunning medieval beauty, you can't miss to visit this beautiful town and if you are looking for a cosy accomodation we can indicate you the Hotel Admiral.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Marco72Cesena
Reviewed 26 March 2010

We stayed here for 2 nights, the buffet breakfast was great, loads of choice and as much food, tea and coffee that you can manage. Although it is not in a central location, there is a bus stop just round the corner which will get you into the old town in 10 minutes. All public transport is very regular and you can get a 24 hour travel pass in the local shop. The hotel staff are always happy to help and advise you on the best way to get were you want to go.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BigAl1980
Reviewed 14 December 2009

By far the worst experience of any hotel I've ever stayed in my life. Got into my room, unpacked, went to take a shower, and noticed the hose for the shower wand was snapped. Went to the front desk to report it and the man had the audacity to tell me he would fix it in the morning (mind you I was only staying for the night). After he bold faced lied to me and told me he had no available rooms, he ends up switching my room after I persistently refused to accept his excuse. So I pack up, and move to my new room which had a properly connected shower wand. I set my things down, shower and then get ready for bed, as I get closer to the bed, I noticed a small blood stain on the linen (tell tale sign of bed bugs), as I threw the duvet off the bed, there were numerous bed bugs all over the mattress. At this point I was too exhausted to have another round with the man at the reception, nor to have to pack my things up once more, so I made the best of it and decided to sleep in the bathroom to avoid infesting my luggage or being bitten. Stay away from this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo
9  Thank adore65
Reviewed 27 November 2009

Nice safe area, the hotel was clean and affordable!! Great hotel when you're on a budget. Will most likely get a hotel near the river next time!

Stayed: February 2006