“Pick your fish or steak from the meat counter; they'll cook it on the spot!”

La Bottega Di Finestra
Ranked #80 of 5,543 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Description: Our concept is based on typical italian food. You can make shopping, you can have breakfast, lunch and dinner by our tables. Reserve your table to enjoy us!!!
maine
“Pick your fish or steak from the meat counter; they'll cook it on the spot!”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

A few days into our stay in Prague, we were pretty weary of Czech food (Pork and dumplings. Beef and dumplings. Duck and dumplings.) So we went on a hunt for a good Italian restaurant, and were directed here by the TripAdvisor reviews. At first, we were a little put off by the fact it looked more like a deli than a regular restaurant (we were in the shop section) but the hostess was so welcoming, and the pastries in the case looked so amazing, we decided to stay. We sat at the window counter, as there were no available tables.

The menu didn't have anything that immediately rang my bells. I told the hostess what I really craved that night was pasta, and she asked me: "what kind of pasta? It's all fresh! What would you like with it?" I said, "shrimp." She said: "How about I ask the chef to also add calamari and clams, and make it a spicy red sauce?" Wow. Spur of the moment offerings that weren't on the menu.

Out from the kitchen comes the most exquisite pasta dish I've ever eaten. Tender, freshly made pasta. Perfectly spiced sauce. Incredibly fresh seafood. And all tailored exclusively for me.

Following that, hubby and I went off our diets and chose desserts from the case -- they were truly works of art. Excellent cappuccino (as befits a good Italian restaurant.)

Wish I'd discovered this restaurant earlier in our stay. It would have saved me from suffering through all those tasteless Czech dumplings.

1 Thank docwatson_236

• Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
“A gem in Prague”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This was a great find in Prague, not far from the Old Town square. We ended up eating here a few times and all the meals we had were excellent, as was the service. A good selection of Italian meals with fresh ingredients and lots of specials each day. The desserts were wonderful and the coffee was the best we found. And best of all, they had a range of fresh salads, about 8 or 10 every day. We just kept going back!

Roydon, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of Prague's coolest eateries”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Spectacular ambience, sitting amid cheeses, wines, hams, desserts. The wait staff are excellent, and the food is beyond delicious. Portions could be just a tad larger, but that's the only fault I can find. A lovely and memorable lunch.

Monett, Missouri
“Very nice evening”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

When we walked into this restaurant I was a little worried, but we had a fantastic meal and the service was very good. Would definitely return here when in Prague.

• Visited May 2014
Prague, Czech Republic
“Lovely”
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

I defo love the concept you can eat and buy some ingredients home. So you sit practically inside a small shop with bistro. Nice ambiente, giid service. Only the portions are a bit molecular. So you will definitely not fat from it. But is tasty and you would like to eat more. Maybe this is exactly concept.