“EXCELLENT HOTEL”

Ranked #146 of 649 Hotels in Prague
North Yorkshire
“EXCELLENT HOTEL”
Reviewed 20 June 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights.
First the (only) negative. The free shuttle service from the airport to the hotel runs every 2 hours. We collected our luggage at 4.30pm and then chose to wait for the 6pm shuttle which arrived a few minutes late. The driver informed us that there was no room on the minibus for us and one other solo passenger. He then arranged (albeit very efficiently) for another minibus to attend which arrived at 6.45pm. Anyone who decides to use the shuttle service should bear this in mind.
Now the (many) positives. I booked directly with the hotel and there were no problems whatsoever. Following my booking I sent 2 Emails with queries and these were answered almost by return. The hotel is in a very good location, opposite Petrin Park and only a few minutes walk down the rear of the hotel through a pleasant park and along the riverside to Charles Bridge.
The room we had was very large and spotlessly clean. The breakfast is continental in style (as you would expect) and very good. There are 2 computers in the lobby with free internet access. The staff were very friendly, polite and helpful.
Both check in and check out was quick and efficient. I used the hotel taxi to return to the airport at a cost of 680 czk crowns. This , like the rest of the hotel, was excellent.
It is obvious that both management and staff place a great emphasis on customer service and satisfaction and they should be congratulated on the levels that they have achieved.

Room Tip: Rooms at front MAY be noisy from traffic/trams
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JBfromNY
HotelRomaPrague, Front Office Manager at Hotel Roma Prague, responded to this review, 11 July 2011
Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your stay at hotel Roma and also for your feedback which is very important for us.We are very happy that you enjoyed good location, friendly staff and rich breakfast.
We are looking forward to your next visit.
With best wishes,
Raissa Gbaguidi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Finnish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Brazil
Reviewed 19 June 2011

We were travelling with 3 kids (one teenager) and stayed 2 nights in the family room (120 euros per night). Room is simple, but clean and confortable. Close to Charles Bridge and major Prague atractions. Neighboorhood looked safe for us, plenty of restaurants closeby. Tram 22 stops right in front of the hotel if you are too tired to walk...

Room Tip: Ask for a family room
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank cquad40
Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to thank you for your stay at hotel Roma and also for sharing your experiences on Tripadvisor. We very appreciate it.
We are looking forward to welcome you back again in future.
With Best Regards,
UK
Reviewed 9 June 2011

We loved this hotel and Prague.

For us, the location was great. Five minutes walk from the river, ten minute walk from Charles Bridge and 15 minute walk from the main square. This meant that we were within easy access to central attractions, but our local area was quite and cheap. You could also walk up to the castle from this location quite easily, although that's a bit more of a trek!

The hotel was lovely. Sometimes on trip advisor people give good reviews to anywhere cheap - regardless of the quality of the hotel. This is not one of those reviews; this is genuinely a good hotel despite its reasonable price tag.

Breakfast was fine, nice mixture of hot and cold buffet food. There was also a gym and how many hotels have you stayed in with a shark tank in reception!

Originally we were in one of the rooms at the front of the hotel. I thought it was fine, but my girlfriend is a light sleeper and could hear the trams passing. We mentioned this to staff and were immediately move to another nice room further from the road.

I’d recommend the Artisan Restaurant & Cafe and the Ristorante Carmelita – both cheap, excellent food and a five minute walk from the hotel (also in trip advisors top ten).

The one thing I’d get the management to change are the bizarre pictures on the website, in the gym and in the brochure which show two women virtually naked in various positions around the hotel. This makes paints the hotel as a brothel which is clearly is not (sorry if I’m disappointing anyone there!)

Room Tip: ask for a room at the back of the hotel
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ianianianian
HotelRomaPrague, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Roma Prague, responded to this review, 13 June 2011
Dear Sirs, I would like to thank you for your stay in our hotel Roma and also for your positive comment. We are glad thad you enjoyed our hotel and all our services. We would be more than happy to serve you again in the future. With Best Regards, Elisa Brera
Bromley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2011

Returned today from spending 3 nights at this hotel. Loved Prague but very dissapointed with this particular hotel.
My friend & I (both young 60 year olds) were accomodated in room 403 which I can only describe as an attic room. I am only 5ft tall & was constantly banging my head on the slanted ceiling supports (ouch!) . The room was quite small overall for a twin room & the twin beds pushed together tightly. The bathroom stank of sewage & we had to ensure plugs were in place on the basin & bidet & bathroom door kept closed. The window was very small & we were unable to see out unless we climbed on the bed. Not that easy for us 60year old's
The pillows were rock hard & I still have a stiff neck from sleeping on them.
Room was clean apart from sewage smell & breakfast was plentiful & varied.
We did ask to be moved straight away after I first banged my head & was told the hotel was full & to ask again the next day, we did & was met with the same indifferent response.Also no response to the sewage smell. Day 3 came & went without any move from our attic so we 'put up & shut up'
Location good, not too far from main attractions. Lovely Italian restaurant (Carmeleti I think) just acoss the road to the right of the hotel. you will need to go out to eat as nothing going on in the hotel & the lounge area pretty boring with little sign of life except those wishing to use the free internet access. I can thoroughly recommend the Thai foot massage facility based in the hotel after all the walking over the cobbled streets of Prague.
I shall be returning to Prague very soon but alas not to the Hotel Roma so for me it is 'arrivederci Roma'.

Room Tip: Don't go above the second floor
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank lynda_simmonett1
Dear Sirs,
we are very sorry you did not enjoy your stay in our hotel.
We deeply apologize for the treatment you got about your room, that is not usual for our hotel staff, as usually if our guests don't like the room we change it as soon as possible.
Furthermore, we have dining room only for breakfast because here around you can find so many different and delicious restaurants and paople usually prefer staying in the city and enjoy it rather than come back to the hotel.
Anyway we thank you for sharing your opinion with Tripadvisor friends.
Kind regards,
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 30 May 2011

I recently stayed here for 7 nights and couldn't have been more pleased. It had everything I look for in a hotel. It had a great location in a quiet neighborhood, but was within walking distance of many attractions and had easy access to public transportation to get to other parts of town. It had a very comfortable bed, internet access (used an ethernet cable rather than wireless, much faster), nice shower, and a free breakfast. My room overlooked the tram stop, but I was never bothered by the noise, just a slight rumble every once in awhile. The staff at the front desk were very helpful with any questions I had. The only complaint I have (and it is very small) is that the free shuttle didn't show up at the airport. I thought maybe I missed it, but there were 2 other hotel guests who were also waiting for the shuttle. It is very easy to get to the hotel using public transportation and it only costs about $1.50, so getting to the hotel from the airport was not a problem, I just wish I hadn't wasted so much time waiting for the shuttle. The neighborhood has many good restaurants serving a wide variety of food types. As I mentioned earlier, I was very happy with this hotel and would stay here again if/when I visit Prague again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank WOJO53
Dear Sirs,
we wuould like to thank you for the very good opinion you shared on Tripadvisor about our sevices.
We would like to inform you as well that the free shuttle, as you can read on our website, leaves every 2 hours from 10.00 to 20.00, from second floor (departure floor), exit E, sometimes people don't follow this instuction and think the shuttle have not come.
We wait for you in one of our other hotel.
Thank you very much.
Kind regards,
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 12 May 2011

Very nice hotel, just 7 minutes walk away from the Charles Bridge......

Good breakfast and clean and decent rooms.

Big Advantage is that there is a tram station just outside the hotel !!! It take you to the Charles Bridge or even the airport (with a change to a metro line and a bus)

Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank pseisog
CSPman, Front Office Manager at Hotel Roma Prague, responded to this review, 21 May 2011
Dear Mr./Mrs.,
I would like to thank you for your stay in our hotel Roma and also for your positive comment. We are glad thad you enjoyed our hotel, good breakfast and great location. We would be more than happy to serve you again in the future.

With Best Regards,
Vigevano
Reviewed 27 April 2011

I've read the previous 5 comments and there's no use repeating what has already been said : I totally agree with the positive evaluations.
The specific reason of this comment is to heartily recommend the excellent italian guide (Giovanni) who surely makes the difference in visiting the city : not only a 6 hours tour but a way to get in touch with the culture of the Czech people. Thanks.

walgiov

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
HotelRomaPrague, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Roma Prague, responded to this review, 3 May 2011
Dear friends,
Thank you very much for choosing our Hotel and for the time devoted to your review.
We are delighted to read your appreciation of our hotel and the free tour and hope to have a chance to welcome you back.
We are looking forward to your next visit
With best regards