“Fabulous hotel for what you paid!”
Review of Hotel Roma Prague

Hotel Roma Prague
Ranked #151 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Chester, United Kingdom
“Fabulous hotel for what you paid!”
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

Our first trip to Prague and what an lovely hotel! We booked it through last min.com and hardly paid a lot for 3 nights b&b. we arrived to find a double roomed apartment with a kingsize bed in one room and town beds in the other! Lovely bathroom and great shower! Breakfast was continental and was plenty to keep you going.

Was just a ten min walk to Charles bridge but the hotel was out the way of the busy parts.

Go to the underground cellar restaurant in old town square next to Starbucks! Amazing food and reasonably priced!

If we returned to Prague we would defiantly stay at Roma again and will recommend to others!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank palmanova68
HotelRomaPrague, Manager at Hotel Roma Prague, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear Traveler palmanova68, thank you for sharing your opinion. I am so amazed how you enjoyed your room
I really appreciate you mentioning the restaurants in walking distance and recommendations.. I hope to be standing at your disposal on your next trip to Prague. Best regards Tomas Novotny

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Finnish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Recently I stayed three nights at the Hotel Roma in Prague. The room was clean and neat and the front desk was extremely helpful in finding the easiest or fastest way to see some of this marvelous city. The hotel is almost centrally located in the Mala Strana district of Prague within walking distance of the Infant of Prague Church (Out Lady Victorious), Charles Bridge, the Castle, St. Vitus Cathedral and old town.
I was there at Christmas and the old town square was packed. I'm not sure what it will be like in the summer when I will visit again. I will more than likely stay at this hotel. (I think they are part of a chain of Prague Hotels so you can Google "Your Prague Hotels" and get the scope on the other ones.)
If I had any negatives about the hotel was the slanted ceiling in part of the room. I clunked my head twice getting something out of the fridge. The breakfast was fine with all sorts of pastries and eggs and the every present yogurt.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank bogsider
Dear Traveler bogsider
thank you for placing your review. I am happy that you found our hotel clean , comfortable and the staff helpful. Very much looking forward to your return in the near future. Best regards, Tomas Novotny
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Just ten minutes away from the Charles Bridge, the gateway to all the sites of Prague, but yet away from the tourist rush is this quiet and efficient hotel with friendly staff. The room is great value and the price includes a copious breakfast. Minor downsides: décor a bit faded and breakfast coffee second rate. Overall a great hotel in which to stay.

In between the hotel and the Charles Bridge you will find a packed Mexican restaurant serving wonderful food. Eat here if cabbage soup and goulash is not your thing.

Possibly even more beautiful than Paris, this city has to be on everyone's list to visit!

3 Thank Freeway_Doggy
Dear Traveler Freeway_Doggy,
thank you very much for sharing your experiences about our hotel. I feel very glad that you rated us the highest possible grade. It makes me happy to read that all the moments of your stay were filled up with joy, happiness and satisfaction. I do hope for providing same level of fantastic experiences on your next visit to the city.
Best regards,
Tomas Novotny
Durham
Reviewed 13 December 2013

My wife and I have just returned from Prague, having booked to stay at the Hotel Roma through Jet2Holidays.com. Our choice was influenced bt the many positive reviews of the hotel on Trip Advisor.

Whilst we saw many beautiful sites in the city, our lasting memory of Prague will be this dreadful hotel. In a nutshell, it was money that we could have saved ourselves

To summarise

a) the walls and ceilings are paper-thin. We were in room 110 at the rear of the hotel.

b) the noise from the plumbing had to be heard to be believed. Quite irrespective of the fact that you could clearly hear someone going to the toilet in the room upstairs, when upstairs toilets were flushed the soil pipes were routed through the internal stud wall between our room and our bathroom, and we got the full effect of a toilet waterfall. It truly sounded like it was inside the room, like heavy rainfall. I think you will agree not very nice to wake up to throughout the night

c) There was a strange smell in the bathroom (sewer like). Eventually I discovered the reason – the cleaners had failed (clearly for some time) to check that the container for the toilet brush was drained. It was not – indeed the brush was “swimming” in a good 4 to 6 inches of toilet brush water (= raw sewage!!)

d) cleaning of the room was haphazard and one one day was not serviced at all so I had to arrange for towels, toilet roll, etc to be sent up. The excuse I got was “the cleaner could not get in because the chain was across the door” . It wasn’t, we had left the room by 0930 (the maid saw us!!) and the chain had not been across for some time even before that as we were downstairs before then for breakfast!! Indeed, even if the chain had been across it would not have made any difference (see below).

e) The last night was the icing on the cake. The room next door had the TV on loud. We got in at around 10pm; at 3am my wife went to reception to formally complain. Someone from the hotel knocked ion the door of the room in question (111) – no answer, so left. The receptionist rang the telephone in 111 (we could hear clearly through the wall), no answer, so hung up. Result? Nothing further was done and the noise continued!! I went down an hour later, having tried to contact reception by telephone - but taht was enegaged.... by the speed at which she hunbg up I can only imagine it was a personal call. I suggested that maybe they weren’t in control of their hotel, surely this was unacceptable, and knocking on the door and ringing the room, and then just leaving the noise to continue because there was no answer was not a solution. She shrugged her shoulders and said (this was priceless) “maybe he is asleep”? What, with that racket???? He could also have been dead or in another way unable to answer the door. I suggested that we would do better to leave for the airport as at least we might be able to close our eyes in peace for a while. This must have spurred them on, as by 5 am someone from the hotel actually entered the room, discovered that there was no-one there, and turned the TV off!!!!! I suspect the room was actually unoccupuied - this could have been checked at the time of our first complaint, surely???? Or is that too much like work?

f) we tried to get back to sleep; however at 7am, I was awakened by a knock at the door. I engaged the chain as I was not sure who this might be before opening the door...... the chain just fell out of the doorframe, not unsurprising considering the two screws that held it in place were miniscule. This is a security joke. I refitted the chain but I don’t think it will be any more use than a chocolate fireguard – the screws simply aren’t substantial enough.

When we checked out there was not a hint of “have you enjoyed your stay” or even an apology.

Avoid this place, there are plenty of nice hotels in Prague but this outfit has seriously tarnished our most recent visit

Room Tip: Try higher up, at least you won't hear the plumbing noises
4 Thank DevonHare
Dear Traveler DevonHare,,
thank you very much for taking your time sharing this valuable feedback. I truly regret that you were disappointed at your experience.
We will work hard to improve our service.
Best regards,
Tomas Novotny
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 December 2013

we went to Prague for my wife's birthday on the 5th December for three nights the hotel is nice and clean and all the 4 staff very friendly, it is ideally located as there is a tram stop directly opposite the exit of the hotel, the bar area is large and open , there were just not a lot of people about while we where there. The only thing I would mention is breakfast finishes at 10 and the staff rush around to remove all food and switch off all coffee machines on the dot .

3 Thank fwoodhead
CSPman, Front Office Manager at Hotel Roma Prague, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
Dear Traveler
we would like to thank you for your visit at our hotel. Also many thanks for sharing all your experiences . We very appreciate it. We look forvard to your next visit.
With best wishes
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Roma Hotel, Prague
This is a wonderful hotel in a perfect location just inside the historic part of town so you can walk to everything. It is directly across the road from beautiful Petřín Hill Park below Petřín look-out tower. 500m down the road from the hotel is the huge St. Nicholas Church on Lesser Town Square – well worth a look inside. From Lesser Town Square, veer left and it is 400 metres up the hill to Prague castle. Turning right at Lesser Town Square, it is 250 metres to beautiful Charles Bridge and a further 300m on to the old town square. Roma hotel has big clean rooms with comfy beds, a mini bar and a safe. It provides an excellent buffet breakfast. It is bang in the middle of a variety of great and affordable restaurants. The hotel provides a free door to door airport shuttle service. Lots of locals smoke so just ask for a table in the non-smoking section. For non-smokers, when you make a booking at the Romamake a point of asking for a non-smoking room. Our friends had to shift floors because the smell was still in the room. There was no smell of smoke in our room or in the hallway so we stayed put. Don’t be put off by this as the staff were very helpful, friendly and efficient and overall it’s a great hotel. Prague is a knock out beauty. We were there for 6 days and would definitely stay at the Roma hotel again.

Stewart and Debbie from Australia

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Stewart J
Dear Guests,
many thanks for staying with us and for very positive feedback. We hope that we get an opportunity to welcome you back in hote Roma Prague very soon.
With best regards
Alexandria, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Just back from a 3 night stay in this hotel and I can't fault it. Rooms were clean and comfortable and the breakfast was exactly what I expected. Best of all was the location - away from the crowds around Wenceslas Sq etc but within an easy walk of everything. Good selection of little bars and restaurants around the hotel and though it is on a main road with a tramline I didn't hear any noise.
Ultimately the acid test is "would I stay here again?" and the answer is a resounding Yes

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dermacs
Dear Traveler,
Thank you very much for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked our breakfaast, rooms and location.
I hope that we will have the oportunity to welcome you back
Best regards from Prague