“Great Location”

Ranked #144 of 649 Hotels in Prague
glasgow
“Great Location”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Central hotel in my eyes. Great location 10 minute walk from Charles Bridge and few minutes walk from next bridge along making it easily access to different areas across the river. Pleasant staff. Room good size with good storage space and shower. Breakfast adequate to fill you up before a day of exploring with plenty of choice. Great comfy bed and thick blackout curtains. Minimal noise. Yes you can hear some noise from rooms but nothing more than can be expected in a hotel. I am a light sleeper and had no disturbance. Had room facing onto garden. Only negative is weak wifi which we like to use to help with exploring. Wonderful bars and cafes nearby making it easier to dine out without going into the main tourist areas but close enough to still visit afterwards. Recommend Cantina, BarBar Cafe lounge and pubs near Cafe Lounge. Would recommend this hotel to stay in especially for value. Would definately stay in this area of Prague again. Ticks all the boxes for me!! Thanks for a lovely visit.

Room Tip: Possibly if others felt they heard traffic from rooms ask for garden facing room. (Not brilliant vie...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank elf1982
HotelRomaPrague, Manager at Hotel Roma Prague, responded to this review, 2 February 2014
Dear Traveler,
thank you very much for sharing your experiences about our hotel. I feel very glad that you rated us the highest possible grade. It makes me happy to read that all the moments of your stay were filled up with joy, happiness and satisfaction. I do hope for providing same level of fantastic experiences on your next visit to the city.
Best regards Tomas Novotny

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Finnish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I was here on business and this hotel was nice. The location was great, right beside many tramlines. The room and bathroom were good and the staff friendly. Wifi very strong.

There is an amazing local coffee-shop just out the door and turn right, around 50m away - best coffee in Prague!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank mosullivan123
Dear Traveler,
thank you for writing your review. I am happy that you had an enjoyable stay in our hotel . I am glad that we could contribute to your memorable days by hosting you and providing a good service. Best regards Tomas Novotny
Penzance, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel for four day over Christmas 2013, the staff were all very helpful and efficient.
We had booked a suite but on arrival were shown to an apartment which I assume was an upgrade. the apartment slept four people and was on two floors.
The apartment and all public areas were very clean, we had two bathrooms and four single beds!!
the beds were very comfortable. We arrived by car so the secure car park was a godsend, although it cost 25 euros a night, but trying to find a safe place to park for four days in Prague would have been a night mare.
There is no restaurant but breakfast was included and was the usual choice of cereal, cold meats etc.
I would defenitley recommend this hotel, it is so convenient for all the main places of interest and there are some good restaurants nearby with reasonable prices

4 Thank Patsy234
HotelRomaPrague, Manager at Hotel Roma Prague, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear Traveler Patsy234
thank you very much for placing your review about your stay in our hotel. I am really pleased that you found the staff helpful and polite. It makes me feel good that our full buffet breakfast was among your best experiences.
I would be more than happy providing a warm welcome on your next visit as well.
Kind regards,
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

Our first trip to Prague and what an lovely hotel! We booked it through last min.com and hardly paid a lot for 3 nights b&b. we arrived to find a double roomed apartment with a kingsize bed in one room and town beds in the other! Lovely bathroom and great shower! Breakfast was continental and was plenty to keep you going.

Was just a ten min walk to Charles bridge but the hotel was out the way of the busy parts.

Go to the underground cellar restaurant in old town square next to Starbucks! Amazing food and reasonably priced!

If we returned to Prague we would defiantly stay at Roma again and will recommend to others!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank palmanova68
Dear Traveler palmanova68, thank you for sharing your opinion. I am so amazed how you enjoyed your room
I really appreciate you mentioning the restaurants in walking distance and recommendations.. I hope to be standing at your disposal on your next trip to Prague. Best regards Tomas Novotny
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Recently I stayed three nights at the Hotel Roma in Prague. The room was clean and neat and the front desk was extremely helpful in finding the easiest or fastest way to see some of this marvelous city. The hotel is almost centrally located in the Mala Strana district of Prague within walking distance of the Infant of Prague Church (Out Lady Victorious), Charles Bridge, the Castle, St. Vitus Cathedral and old town.
I was there at Christmas and the old town square was packed. I'm not sure what it will be like in the summer when I will visit again. I will more than likely stay at this hotel. (I think they are part of a chain of Prague Hotels so you can Google "Your Prague Hotels" and get the scope on the other ones.)
If I had any negatives about the hotel was the slanted ceiling in part of the room. I clunked my head twice getting something out of the fridge. The breakfast was fine with all sorts of pastries and eggs and the every present yogurt.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank bogsider
Dear Traveler bogsider
thank you for placing your review. I am happy that you found our hotel clean , comfortable and the staff helpful. Very much looking forward to your return in the near future. Best regards, Tomas Novotny
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Just ten minutes away from the Charles Bridge, the gateway to all the sites of Prague, but yet away from the tourist rush is this quiet and efficient hotel with friendly staff. The room is great value and the price includes a copious breakfast. Minor downsides: décor a bit faded and breakfast coffee second rate. Overall a great hotel in which to stay.

In between the hotel and the Charles Bridge you will find a packed Mexican restaurant serving wonderful food. Eat here if cabbage soup and goulash is not your thing.

Possibly even more beautiful than Paris, this city has to be on everyone's list to visit!

3 Thank Freeway_Doggy
Dear Traveler Freeway_Doggy,
Best regards,
Durham
Reviewed 13 December 2013

My wife and I have just returned from Prague, having booked to stay at the Hotel Roma through Jet2Holidays.com. Our choice was influenced bt the many positive reviews of the hotel on Trip Advisor.

Whilst we saw many beautiful sites in the city, our lasting memory of Prague will be this dreadful hotel. In a nutshell, it was money that we could have saved ourselves

To summarise

a) the walls and ceilings are paper-thin. We were in room 110 at the rear of the hotel.

b) the noise from the plumbing had to be heard to be believed. Quite irrespective of the fact that you could clearly hear someone going to the toilet in the room upstairs, when upstairs toilets were flushed the soil pipes were routed through the internal stud wall between our room and our bathroom, and we got the full effect of a toilet waterfall. It truly sounded like it was inside the room, like heavy rainfall. I think you will agree not very nice to wake up to throughout the night

c) There was a strange smell in the bathroom (sewer like). Eventually I discovered the reason – the cleaners had failed (clearly for some time) to check that the container for the toilet brush was drained. It was not – indeed the brush was “swimming” in a good 4 to 6 inches of toilet brush water (= raw sewage!!)

d) cleaning of the room was haphazard and one one day was not serviced at all so I had to arrange for towels, toilet roll, etc to be sent up. The excuse I got was “the cleaner could not get in because the chain was across the door” . It wasn’t, we had left the room by 0930 (the maid saw us!!) and the chain had not been across for some time even before that as we were downstairs before then for breakfast!! Indeed, even if the chain had been across it would not have made any difference (see below).

e) The last night was the icing on the cake. The room next door had the TV on loud. We got in at around 10pm; at 3am my wife went to reception to formally complain. Someone from the hotel knocked ion the door of the room in question (111) – no answer, so left. The receptionist rang the telephone in 111 (we could hear clearly through the wall), no answer, so hung up. Result? Nothing further was done and the noise continued!! I went down an hour later, having tried to contact reception by telephone - but taht was enegaged.... by the speed at which she hunbg up I can only imagine it was a personal call. I suggested that maybe they weren’t in control of their hotel, surely this was unacceptable, and knocking on the door and ringing the room, and then just leaving the noise to continue because there was no answer was not a solution. She shrugged her shoulders and said (this was priceless) “maybe he is asleep”? What, with that racket???? He could also have been dead or in another way unable to answer the door. I suggested that we would do better to leave for the airport as at least we might be able to close our eyes in peace for a while. This must have spurred them on, as by 5 am someone from the hotel actually entered the room, discovered that there was no-one there, and turned the TV off!!!!! I suspect the room was actually unoccupuied - this could have been checked at the time of our first complaint, surely???? Or is that too much like work?

f) we tried to get back to sleep; however at 7am, I was awakened by a knock at the door. I engaged the chain as I was not sure who this might be before opening the door...... the chain just fell out of the doorframe, not unsurprising considering the two screws that held it in place were miniscule. This is a security joke. I refitted the chain but I don’t think it will be any more use than a chocolate fireguard – the screws simply aren’t substantial enough.

When we checked out there was not a hint of “have you enjoyed your stay” or even an apology.

Avoid this place, there are plenty of nice hotels in Prague but this outfit has seriously tarnished our most recent visit

Room Tip: Try higher up, at least you won't hear the plumbing noises
4 Thank DevonHare
Dear Traveler DevonHare,,
thank you very much for taking your time sharing this valuable feedback. I truly regret that you were disappointed at your experience.
We will work hard to improve our service.
Best regards,