“PERFECT PRAGUE HOTEL”

Ranked #152 of 649 Hotels in Prague
JOPLIN
“PERFECT PRAGUE HOTEL”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We booked a an airline/hotel package thru Sherman Travel and after reading the great reviews of this hotel I was able to switch original hotel from one across the street from the train station and noisy to the Roma Prague. We called the hotel when arriving at the airport around 8 am and the shuttle picked us up after a few minutes. It was too early to check into the room so we stored our luggage and proceeded to Old Town and our first real look at Prague. I had asked for one of the rooms that had been suggested in prior reviews and the hotel was happy to accommodate me. I believe we had room 110 which was very large with a lot of room to walk around; window faced a courtyard with other buildings which appeared to be apts. It was a great view of the typical building of Prague and we never heard any noise from these apts during our stay. It was really a treat to have a king bed after spending a week in Paris in a double! The front staff were extremely helpful in making suggestions to transportation around Prague, sights, restaurants, etc. There are several restaurants close to the hotel which we used mainly at night after walking all day. A particular favorite is a place called U Krize (also hotel above) which was run by a father and son and we actually were given a hand written receipt for our lunch. Food was fabulous~~when leaving hotel front door turn left and restaurant is one block down.
The breakfast was quite extensive with lots of pastries,fruits, eggs, etc and several beverage choices. All was good and great service by the staff overseeing. The Petrin Hill vernicular is right across the street from the hotel and from the top of the hill great scenic views. The hotel is in a great location, a short walk to the Charles Bridge, Old Town, New Town and all the major sights with the exception of the Prague Castle which is walkable but all uphill. We did catch a Tram to get up there but other than that walked everywhere. Prague is a gorgeous city and we had a fabulous time.

Note: I took a picture with my zoom lens from up at the castle which appeared to be a wall made of people; we did not find this to get an upclose look; I then forgot about it until this week so I emailed the hotel and sent the picture, asking if they recognized the wall and what was it. I received an immediate response from Michaela telling me that it is at the Wallenstein's Garden build in 1623 and first palace garden in Prague; she also sent me a link to read further about this. The staff continues to be very prompt in any inquiries and I appreciate her taking the time to tell me all of this.

I would definitely stay at the Hotel Roma Praque on any subsequent visits to Prague and will recommend it to friends/family travelling there.

Room Tip: Check the tips which other reviewer suggested as that is how I decided which room (s) I would prefer...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MOTRAVELERJoplin
HotelRomaPrague, Manager at Hotel Roma Prague, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear Traveler,
I would like to thank you for writing your review. . It makes me proud to hear that you found the staff super friendly, especially Michaela. Also thank you for mentioning the tasty variety of the breakfast and the comfort of the room. I am very much looking forward to the next occasion welcoming you back to our hotel.
Tomas Novotny

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Finnish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Croydon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Just come back from a four day visit to Prague, in which we had a great experience. We were originally booked into the Hotel Gallileo, when we arrived the hotel manager offered us an upgrade to stay at the other hotel which was free of charge, and our taxi was also paid for.

The hotel overall was really good (4*), in the entrance hall there was a little shark which was surprising to see, rooms were clean. However the only downfalls were; the breakfast did not have enough hot options and did not have a great variety to offer (it was continental), also the shower head was slightly broken, and the ceilings were low as ours was on the top floor and did not have a great view, but apart from that it was good.

Great location, as its central and near to some great restaurants including an Italian one, it is about 10 minutes walk from the Charles bridge and the down town area of the town. One thing to remember is to bring a neck brace when going on the 'hop on hop off tour bus' as the cobbles are a nightmare!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank italiangirl09
Dear Traveler,

thank you for taking your time writing your review. Thank you for your understanding in matter to move you to another chain hotel by arrival. I am happy that you mention that you found the room clean and that you were impressed by hotel location . I am looking forward to welcoming you back again.
West Lothian
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Just returned from 4 day break in Prague and delighted with our choice of hotel which we booked as package with Jet2holidays. Hotel is clean and comfortable and the breakfast adequate. The location is perfect as it is in a quieter area but perfect for seeing all of the sights - we walked everywhere although there is the option of using the tram which stops directly opposite hotel.
There are a number of good eateries in the area although I have to admit that that the local cuisine was not to my liking - very stodgy and tasteless but there is a very good Mexican place just around the corner.
We were very lucky as the weather was very nice - not too cold and no rain!
Would definitely recommend this hotel - and it was great value!
Only negative comment that I would make is that the sound proofing between rooms is not good and each time our neighbours used the loo we could hear everything....and I mean everything! Spent very little time in room though so wasn't major issue.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rosie950
HotelRomaPrague, Manager at Hotel Roma Prague, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Traveler,
thank you very much for your review. Thank you very much for highlighting the "perfect" location of our hotel which enables our guests to reach the main attractive sights easily. I am happy to hear that you took advantage and enjoyed Mexican restaurant just next to us.I look forward to a warm welcome on your next visit in Prague and our hotel.
Bexleyheath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a lovely few days in this central but quiet hotel in Prague. The hotel staff are extremely helpful and friendly and the rooms comfortable and clean. We did the 'Ultimate tour'; fantastic value. Definitely recommend. Tip: cheaper to get a return back to the airport with a yellow airport taxi.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gina G
Dear Traveler,
thank you for placing your review. I am happy to see that you were satisfied throughout your stay in our hotel. It makes me feel proud to read that you found the staff helpful and friendly which added to your comfort . Looking forward to welcome you again on business or leisure trip in Prague.
Newcastle,
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Having stayed in various parts of prague over the last 9 years I chose hotel roma owing to its location in lesser town. The hotel itself is clean and tidy with a buffet breakfast with various hams,cheeses,pastries and a couple of hot items. It's nothing outstanding but is certainly enough to set you up for the day.
Our room of the hotel 214 was certainly large enough with a kingsize bed with a desk 2 chairs and the mini bar in the room. The room faced the rear of the hotel which wasn't a particular good view but you didn't get any traffic or tram noise which you may get at the front.
In relation to the bathroom it was also large with toilet,bidet and a bath with shower head. However, as mentioned in other reviews the shower head is at waist head which requires being held to wash hair although the pressure of the shower was fantastic. This could be easily remedied with a clip at head height for the shower to attach too.
The location of the hotel is really good with Charles bridge a 10 minute walk. An easy 20 minute stroll to the old town of 15 minute stroll to Wenceslas square over the other bridge.
There are loads of bars and restaurants in the vicinity of the hotel serving various cuisines including Czech,Italian,Mexican etc. most of the food and drink in these restaurants is so cheap. Just remember if a restaurant does not display a menu outside or prices outside then the likelihood is that it's expensive and best avoided. Bars near hotel prices start at around 24 koruna for a pint. Approx 70p.
Good little music bar opposite called popocafepetl open till 3 in morning which serves lager at 32 koruna a pint and also serves draught cider which is quite a rarity at 40 koruna. Cider has been quite rare in prague except in Irish bars but seems to becoming available in a few bars. This was good for the wife who isn't a beer person.
Overall another fantastic trip to prague with new sights and bars discovered again even though it's my 9th trip. Would definitely recommend prague and certainly the hotel roma to other persons.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank rosco79
HotelRomaPrague, Manager at Hotel Roma Prague, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear Traveler,
thank you for writing your review. I am happy that you had an enjoyable stay in our hotel and Prague. I am glad that we could contribute to your memorable vacation by hosting you and providing a good service.
Best regards,
Cleckheaton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

We have stayed in different apartments in different areas of Prague for the last 6 or 7 years so we do know something of this great city. The hotel location is excellent 10 minutes walk to Charles bridge. The are some excellent bars and restaurants near by also. The breakfast is good for continental buffet style. The bar and café in the hotel are a little expensive compared to other bars and cafés in Prague.
We had some small issues with our apartment but mainly these were cosmetic. But on one day the water in the bath room was running brown in colour in fact very brown for a moment. But as I have visited Russia on numerous occasions this was nothing new to me. Probably just the main water tank running low.
Would we stay here again. Yes definitely.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Ian B
Dear Traveler,
thank you very much for your review. Thank you very much for highlighting the "perfect" location of our hotel which enables our guests to reach the main attractive sights easily. I am happy to hear that you took advantage and enjoyed our buffet breakfast. . I'm very sorry for the problems with brown water, we changed the component on the boiler last Tuesday and the water did not manage to clean everywhere in time.I very much look forward to a warm welcome on your next visit in Prague and our hotel.
Tula, Russia
Reviewed 10 February 2014

This hotel is very nice with good rooms.The hall of this hotel has a big area and has inside a great aquarium with a small shark. This hotel is on the centre of Prague. The rooms are clean,big and warm,but the floor are stone.There are tasty breakfast,nice staff and Roma has comfortable location.Hotel Roma is next to the Charles Bridge,Old Tawn Square and is opposite the park to the Prague Castle.I like it!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Сергей К
Dear Traveler,
thank you for taking your time writing your review. I am glad that you chose Roma hotel as a venue for your stay in Prague. I am happy that you mention that you found the room clean, the breakfast good, . I honour you recommend our facilities to other travellers. I am looking forward to welcoming you back again.