“Fabulous hotel, in a quiet area with easy acess to places of interest and public transport”
Review of Hotel Roma Prague

Hotel Roma Prague
Ranked #151 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Daventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed our stay here, really good location, easy to get to via public transport, clean and lovely room. We stayed in room 102, and it was lovely, quiet, no noise from other rooms, just the trams but they didn't bother us. Great shower.
Breakfast was also very good, lots of variety and constantly stocked up.
Bought a 3 day pass at airport and used public transport to get to hotel, easy, catch bus 119 at airport, stay on till last stop, which is start of metro, catch line A (green line), 2 stops to malostranska, then tram 12,20 or 22, stops right outside hotel!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jbuc2
HotelRomaPrague, Manager at Hotel Roma Prague, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Traveler jbuc2
I am extremely happy to read that you found our hotel great with a good service. I am glad that you enjoyed the breakfast meal and found the location convenient. I hope to welcome you again when you return to Prague.
Tomas Novotny

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Finnish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2014

This hotel is set in the lesser part of Prague city. Lesser is the name of the area, and should not be considered as a reflection on the quality of the location or the hotel. It is a very clean hotel with a large modern reception area and bar. There is a lift to all floors and the room we had was great with freebie toiletries (something we don't often see now in uk hotels), tea making facilities (BUT NO COFFEE ONLY TEA), a shoehorn and a pair of unisex slippers...what more could you want! . No scenic views other than adjacent rooftops but you are in a city so you don't really expect one. There is no restaurant facilities for midday and evening meals but the breakfast buffet was excellent with a very wide choice of breads, fruits, cold meats and yogurts. The small hot section had scrambled eggs, frankfurters and green beans or carrots (a bit odd for breakfast) but they were good and seasoned properly. The coffee vending machine was excellent. The staff were very efficient at clearing the tables so it looked clean. They were very busy. The hotel is on a tram route, so you can access the other regions of the city very easily. Opposite is a special tram up a steep hill in a park to the TV tower(like a mini Eiffel) from which there is wonderful views of the city. The old town and modern area are not too far away over an old historic bridge called "Charles bridge" on which there are the usual touristy painting stalls, street entertainers and the odd beggar. There are a number of fair to excellent restaurants within walking distance, so, all in all, everything you need it to be.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Traveler Petermathison,
thank you very much for taking time writing your review. I am very glad that you found our hotel a great place to stay at. I am happy that you took advantage of the amazing breakfast and that you liked the staff being helpful and pleasant throughout your stay. I would be delighted to welcoming you back in the near future.
swindon
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Having booked our visit to prague over 4 months ago with our friends,we were supposed to be picked up at the airport by the shuttle bus.I had e mailed the hotel to ask for directions from the terminal to the shuttle pick up point but had no responce from the hotel,so i had to find it on trip adviser.When we arrived at prague we headed to terminal 2 and waited with a few other couples for 1hr ,no bus so we asked at the information desk,they told us that the shuttle bus had finished in february.Everone was a bit annoyed so we had to get a taxi to the hotel.The first thing i did was ask the girl at the desk why wasn't i informed about the shuttle bus being cancelled by e mail..All i got was they didn'tget my e mail and the shuutle bus was cancelled in feb.WHY didn't they tell us.
Apart from that the hotel was great,nice clean rooms,lovely breakfast and a great location.We had a great time in prague and YES we would stay at the hotel roma if we visit prague again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Traveler Stace54,

I wish to say thank you for writing your detailed comment. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed staying with us.
Let me apologize for the confusion caused by non-performance shuttle bus to the hotel, After the termination of cooperation with old company we have new very professional transport supplier which provides service at very competitive rates.
I m looking forward to a warm welcome on your next trip to Prague.
With kindest regards
JOPLIN
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We booked a an airline/hotel package thru Sherman Travel and after reading the great reviews of this hotel I was able to switch original hotel from one across the street from the train station and noisy to the Roma Prague. We called the hotel when arriving at the airport around 8 am and the shuttle picked us up after a few minutes. It was too early to check into the room so we stored our luggage and proceeded to Old Town and our first real look at Prague. I had asked for one of the rooms that had been suggested in prior reviews and the hotel was happy to accommodate me. I believe we had room 110 which was very large with a lot of room to walk around; window faced a courtyard with other buildings which appeared to be apts. It was a great view of the typical building of Prague and we never heard any noise from these apts during our stay. It was really a treat to have a king bed after spending a week in Paris in a double! The front staff were extremely helpful in making suggestions to transportation around Prague, sights, restaurants, etc. There are several restaurants close to the hotel which we used mainly at night after walking all day. A particular favorite is a place called U Krize (also hotel above) which was run by a father and son and we actually were given a hand written receipt for our lunch. Food was fabulous~~when leaving hotel front door turn left and restaurant is one block down.
The breakfast was quite extensive with lots of pastries,fruits, eggs, etc and several beverage choices. All was good and great service by the staff overseeing. The Petrin Hill vernicular is right across the street from the hotel and from the top of the hill great scenic views. The hotel is in a great location, a short walk to the Charles Bridge, Old Town, New Town and all the major sights with the exception of the Prague Castle which is walkable but all uphill. We did catch a Tram to get up there but other than that walked everywhere. Prague is a gorgeous city and we had a fabulous time.

Note: I took a picture with my zoom lens from up at the castle which appeared to be a wall made of people; we did not find this to get an upclose look; I then forgot about it until this week so I emailed the hotel and sent the picture, asking if they recognized the wall and what was it. I received an immediate response from Michaela telling me that it is at the Wallenstein's Garden build in 1623 and first palace garden in Prague; she also sent me a link to read further about this. The staff continues to be very prompt in any inquiries and I appreciate her taking the time to tell me all of this.

I would definitely stay at the Hotel Roma Praque on any subsequent visits to Prague and will recommend it to friends/family travelling there.

Room Tip: Check the tips which other reviewer suggested as that is how I decided which room (s) I would prefer...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MOTRAVELERJoplin
HotelRomaPrague, Manager at Hotel Roma Prague, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear Traveler,
I would like to thank you for writing your review. . It makes me proud to hear that you found the staff super friendly, especially Michaela. Also thank you for mentioning the tasty variety of the breakfast and the comfort of the room. I am very much looking forward to the next occasion welcoming you back to our hotel.
Croydon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Just come back from a four day visit to Prague, in which we had a great experience. We were originally booked into the Hotel Gallileo, when we arrived the hotel manager offered us an upgrade to stay at the other hotel which was free of charge, and our taxi was also paid for.

The hotel overall was really good (4*), in the entrance hall there was a little shark which was surprising to see, rooms were clean. However the only downfalls were; the breakfast did not have enough hot options and did not have a great variety to offer (it was continental), also the shower head was slightly broken, and the ceilings were low as ours was on the top floor and did not have a great view, but apart from that it was good.

Great location, as its central and near to some great restaurants including an Italian one, it is about 10 minutes walk from the Charles bridge and the down town area of the town. One thing to remember is to bring a neck brace when going on the 'hop on hop off tour bus' as the cobbles are a nightmare!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank italiangirl09
Dear Traveler,

thank you for taking your time writing your review. Thank you for your understanding in matter to move you to another chain hotel by arrival. I am happy that you mention that you found the room clean and that you were impressed by hotel location . I am looking forward to welcoming you back again.
West Lothian
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Just returned from 4 day break in Prague and delighted with our choice of hotel which we booked as package with Jet2holidays. Hotel is clean and comfortable and the breakfast adequate. The location is perfect as it is in a quieter area but perfect for seeing all of the sights - we walked everywhere although there is the option of using the tram which stops directly opposite hotel.
There are a number of good eateries in the area although I have to admit that that the local cuisine was not to my liking - very stodgy and tasteless but there is a very good Mexican place just around the corner.
We were very lucky as the weather was very nice - not too cold and no rain!
Would definitely recommend this hotel - and it was great value!
Only negative comment that I would make is that the sound proofing between rooms is not good and each time our neighbours used the loo we could hear everything....and I mean everything! Spent very little time in room though so wasn't major issue.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rosie950
HotelRomaPrague, Manager at Hotel Roma Prague, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Traveler,
thank you very much for your review. Thank you very much for highlighting the "perfect" location of our hotel which enables our guests to reach the main attractive sights easily. I am happy to hear that you took advantage and enjoyed Mexican restaurant just next to us.I look forward to a warm welcome on your next visit in Prague and our hotel.
Bexleyheath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a lovely few days in this central but quiet hotel in Prague. The hotel staff are extremely helpful and friendly and the rooms comfortable and clean. We did the 'Ultimate tour'; fantastic value. Definitely recommend. Tip: cheaper to get a return back to the airport with a yellow airport taxi.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gina G
Dear Traveler,
thank you for placing your review. I am happy to see that you were satisfied throughout your stay in our hotel. It makes me feel proud to read that you found the staff helpful and friendly which added to your comfort . Looking forward to welcome you again on business or leisure trip in Prague.