“If it were quiet would have loved this place”

The Green Garland Pension
Ranked #21 of 363 Prague B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 July 2012

The staff at this hotel was very helpful. They answered all questions, made recommendations for what to see and transportation, and arranged a very early morning transport to the airport for us. The room was spacious and clean. The room had beautiful wood beams. I love how this hotel was renovated favoring the historical qualities of the building. I also appreciated that the hotel keep drinks in a refrigerator by the office that you could buy for a very reasonable price. The hotel has no elevator and our room was up 2 and a 1/2 flights of stairs. Then once you got in the room, only the bathroom was on the main level. Another half flight of stairs led to the room. This was not a problem for me, but would be for someone with difficulty on stairs. I loved the staff and building so much that I would love to write a completely good review. The problem was a bar next door that played loud music until late in the evening, then the loud drunk people who left the bar once it closed and seemed to hang loudly on the street for several more hours, until 2 or 3 in the morning. I could not sleep. If there was a quiet room in the back, I would love to stay here again. I could not stay in the front room again. Perhaps if noise doesn't bother you it wouldn't be a problem. I admittedly need quiet to sleep.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Kassie14

Reviewed 25 July 2012

This is a small charming hotel in a medieval/renaissance house at the heart of Prague with a short walk to Charles' Bridge, Old Town Square, Tyn Church, etc.
The street is mostly quiet, very narrow, and part of it is closed to vehicles; the only traffic noise we heard was a garbage truck at about 6 am, trying to squeeze in and out of the narrow alleyway. There are two pubs nearby, but usually they were not a disturbance, even we would go to bed early. Just a couple of times we heard noisy revelers around the closing time, but that is to be expected.
The staff went out of their way helping us to see and experience things in Prague. E.g., they researched folk music events for us and sought our opinion later.
We would like to comment on the hotel décor that created historic atmosphere and carefully preserved architectural elements.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kloobok
Reviewed 18 July 2012

This B&B is located in a great place. Very central but without being on a main road or noisy section. Service was very good - all the staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms were spot on - very spacious and nicely decorated. Breakfast was simple but nice continental.

A great location at a reasonable price - will be going back!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank woohooitsdave
Reviewed 13 July 2012

This was a very safe and comfortable B&B for a solo female traveler. Rooms were clean and spacious. The location was perfect - absolutely fantastic. My room was perfectly quiet which surprised me because it is so centrally located. Breakfast was fine - nothing to write home about but good and the breakfast room was large, comfortable, and friendly. The hostess was as sweet as can be - very helpful with sightseeing stuff, history questions, stamps, etc. My bed was comfortable. Bathroom was modern and clean. WIFI worked great (although there was no password to login so no protection at all). I can't think of a single negative things I can say about it!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank jaimiepowell
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I have stayed at the Green Garland on several occasions on my own with my partner and friends, it is a beautiful historic building with different types of rooms which you can view prior to booking. Rooms are comfortable and very clean and tea/coffee available in most rooms, also loung areas in some rooms and adequate storage. The beakfast room is spacious and variety of cereals,bread cheese, etc . The staff are excellent and will provide information in and around Prague. The pension is located right in the centre app 200 metres from Charles bridge and Old Town Square, with many restuarants and bars and shopping facilities. Yet again a fabolous stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Robert C
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I know a lot of other reviewers have complained about the noise, but based on our room's location, we may have had a better location due to overlooking the courtyard. Breakfast was alright (no hot selections), wifi was poor (despite hotel staff constantly resetting the modem). However, room was very spacious (though we didn't have a TV - but there is too much to see in Prague just outside of your door) and clean. It was unusually hot, so the lack of air conditioning was a con, but normally not required in Prague. Greatly appreciated the fridge they keep stocked with cold beverages at a very reasonable price in their office, arranging for a very early morning taxi ride, we will stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank abtravellers123
Reviewed 22 June 2012

To reach our room in this b&b, we had to climb 2 flights of stairs to office, with our luggage, then another flight to get to attic room. After entering the room, there were more stairs to descend to get into the small, cramped room. No desk for computer, 2 small chairs. It was later explained to us that usually only one person stayed in the room; however we are a couple! In a dormer type room, I hit my head every time I stood up from the bed to move around. No window coverings to block the light. On a noisy street with cafes, bars at that end of street with noise going on into early morning hours. Difficult to sleep. Very mediocre breakfast. Left after one night. Luckily we found other accommodations nearby. Location is good if you are willing to put up with all of the other inconveniences.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple