The Green Garland Pension
Archibald City(Prague)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$175
  • Breakfast included
Boutique Hotel Seven Days(Prague)(Great Value!)
US$198
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Lindner Hotel Prague Castle(Prague)(Great Value!)
US$208
US$164
Travelocity
  • Room Service
All reviewsb bold town squaredead end streetcharles bridgeno elevatorgreat locationyogurtquiet streetexposed beamsflights of stairssitting roomsmall fridgecontinental stylea wonderful staybeautiful cityhard boiled eggstriple room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My parents and I stayed here for 8 nights while in Prague for the International Prague Marathon in May 2014. Getting to the start/finish of the race in Old Town Square could not have been easier thanks to the ideal location of the B&B! It also made a great jumping off point for sightseeing around Prague thanks to it's central location, and it was just a quick transfer via tram or metro to the bus and train stations for day trips outside the City.

We were in Room 6, which is a triple room with 3 single beds. The room was very comfortable, and we were incredibly pleased by the shower - even though it was small (typical European) there was plenty of water pressure and lots of hot water (sometimes a little too hot!). What an unexpected and welcome surprise for Europe! The room does face the back courtyard, so there was quite a bit of noise from the adjoining restaurant at night with the windows open for circulation, but we'd read other reviews warning about this and came prepared with earplugs - an easy fix!

The public areas were very nice, with the fridge and coffee/tea facilities available 24/7 as a nice touch in the common room, as well as the fridge with water and beer for purchase downstairs. Breakfast every morning was more than ample with standard bread/cold cuts/yogurt, and nice additions of granola, cereal, hard boiled eggs, toast, and fruit as well. Lots of good, strong coffee with orange juice and milk available too.

We had a bit of trouble with the Wi-Fi signal a couple nights, but front desk always tried their best to get it running again. However, we did have to go elsewhere (i.e. restaurant) to get a Wi-Fi signal to do some internet research for the next day's trips twice. The free Wi-Fi is a great perk, so this is just a very minor complaint, just a heads-up that I wouldn't count on having it 24/7 during your stay.

I would recommend the Green Garland to anyone coming to Prague. The staff was very helpful and welcoming, and they helped us arrange transportation to/from the airport as well. We'd definitely come back and stay again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jenny P
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I stayed here for two nights and the location of the B&B was AWESOME! It is situated right in the heart of Old Town Square but in a narrow street so that it is quiet enough at night. It is an old building so don't expect everything to be bright and new. But still, everything is pretty clean. The owner of the B&B was really nice and the best part is, the B&B accepts credit card payment as well, which doesn't usually happen when you book with B&B. One funny aspect is that the front door is REALLY heavy. I usually have to push to get in. It's quite a fun little game.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Patty C
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Lovely hotel. I felt like being at home. It is like a big house. The room was spacious, so was the bathroom. Breakfast is very good and the dining room is very cozy. It is within walking distance from the astronomical clock.The hotel is in an alley and it is very quiet.
The moment I booked ,I received a mail from the B&B offering me a taxi to get there from the station or airport.
I would certainly go back there if I happen to travel to Prague again.

Room Tip: I think that all the rooms must be ok. as the street is quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank SueBuenosAires
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Other reviewers comments about location led us to stay here and wow were they correct. We were always amazed and grateful when we arrived back at this pension much sooner than we thought we would, especially since the weather was quite cold. 3 of us stayed in room 6 and were happy with it. My husband is 6'3" and did have a little trouble fitting in the bed and I had trouble not hitting my head on the slanted ceiling and beams when I needed to get up in the middle of the night, but overall we liked the pension. The staff took care of arranging transportation to and from which was greatly appreciated. The breakfast was very good with a nice selection. There was an information booklet in the room that addressed the history of the building that was very interesting. We felt impressed to be staying in the same place as a previous king. We tried a couple of restaurant suggestions and were very pleased with the food. The restaurant/brewery at the end of the street was a nice place for a meal as well as a last stop before calling it a night. We didn't try the cafe next door, but it looked popular. The bathroom was a nice size and I liked having the shelf unit to store items. The towel warmer was great and the entry area with the wardrobe and coat pegs was nice. We loved Prague and The Green Garland was a part of that.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Constance I
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Six of us came to Prague for the weekend and booked three rooms at the Green Garland. We found the staff really helpful, very easy to organise an airport pick-up and drop-off for us and recommended a great place for us to eat when we got in late on the first evening.

Rooms were warm and clean, the breakfast had a nice variety of food to choose from and the location is brilliant! Right in the middle of the old town, close to all the sights (old town square, Charles bridge, Prague castle, christmas markets) and surrounded by good bars and restaurants and easy walking distance to the shopping area.

Highly recommended for an affordable, convenient and pleasent Prague experience.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends