“Place of my best lunches”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Nota Bene

Nota Bene
Ranked #337 of 5,369 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: European, Czech, Eastern European, Central European
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Prague, Czech Republic
“Place of my best lunches”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

We often go to this restaurant to have lunch, and have always been very satisfied. The cook clrearly knows what he/she is doing as the food is varied and delicius. The staff is also nice and they have a great selection of special beers.

• Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Prague, Czech Republic
“"This is not McDonalds!"”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

We had a horrible experience here with an extremely rude waiter who ruined an evening out.

After waiting around half an hour for our food, we (politely) asked if he knew how much longer our food would be (as I wondered if I had time to step out for a cigarette.)

The waiter, who hadn't been very attentive or polite to start with, flew into a rage at our question. He told me to shut up (!) and pushed me out of the way so that he could berate my boyfriend, repeatedly yelling at him that “this is not McDonalds! Go to Mcdonalds instead if you want your food now!"

I wished we had gone to McDonalds. At least they're polite.

When I tried to intervene and explain that we didn't mind waiting and it was only a question, he turned his back to me. I guess he would only speak to the man!!!

He then marched away, and returned very quickly with our food, which made his strange little rant even more pointless. But still, he slammed the plates down, stood over us and continued insulting me and shouting about McDonald’s until I completely lost my appetite and said I’d like to pay for our drinks and leave.

Bad idea. Our charming host threatened to call the police if we didn’t pay for the food, which we no longer wanted after the way he'd shouted at us. We unhappily paid (with him smirking and saying "go ahead, complain to my manager") and took the food with us.

Sadly, it wasn't even good enough to justify the price (quite high for Prague) or the ordeal we went through to get it.

I spoke to their management about it at the time, but they were unapologetic.

• Visited March 2013
6 Thank bohemianbites
“Really disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

I went to this place because of its rank on trip advisor, and because it was close to the hotel. Food was ok but staff was slow and did not seem concerned. The bill was a bit too expansive for what we had. Place really noisy as well

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Really cool local place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

Awesome beer, great rustic/modern setting, very good food and kind waitstaff. The menu is limited to a few modernized Czech specialties, and it absolutely did not disappoint. I loved that it was only in Czech (but the waiter was extremely thorough in translating).

Would definitely recommend for an escape from the tourists - and some spectacular Czech beer and food. The kind of place you could easily hang out all night.

• Visited December 2013
NH
“Great food but they don't take credit cards!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

They have a very limited menu but what we ate was delicious. We found out after we ordered that they don't take credit cards. My husband had to go to an ATM down the street. Our waiter spoke pretty good English and wrote the translation of the menu for us as it is all in Czech. I had the leg of lamb which was excellent with mashed potatoes & veg; my husband had the goulash with potato dumplings and he said it was good and a little spicy.

• Visited November 2013