“nice short stay”

Ranked #117 of 650 Hotels in Prague
Telford, United Kingdom
“nice short stay”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We had a short trip here in September. This was booked through jet2.com holidays on a half board basis for 3 days. Everything about the hotel was great, such as location, cleanliness etc. For us the only disappointment was the cooked breakfast and evening meal, while the food was of decent quality, it wasn’t warm enough. As my wife works in a hospital she was only too aware of what food can do to you if not kept at the correct temperature. The first day we thought it would have been a “one off” but sadly this was the same all three days, wish I had said something really. As I say, can’t fault anything else, and was very good value for money.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Boston
Reviewed 17 October 2013

After 2 weeks of business trekking around Europe I had a very pleasant holiday in Prague at this hotel. This hotel is away from the old town and castle district but served as a good base to take the trams or subway for sightseeing. Near the Andel stop, it was cheap and easy (with coins) to buy all day subway passes and ride the B metro line. There are 2 big grocery stores within walking distance to stock up on food as there are limited restaurants on the same block a the hotel.
The service was very friendly and help. The room was MUCH larger than I was accustomed to in Europe. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank mimicry
Presov, Slovakia
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I have stayed in Barcelo Praha Five for two nights during my bussiness trip in Prague.

The hotel is clean, well maintained and decently modern. It is not directly in the city center however public transport is just on your doorstop. restaurants, shops, pharmacy all is in walking distance.

Biggest surprise was the staff. Check in, check out, info about restaurants, shops, pubs etc. everything was perfect. Big thanks belongs to Marek, Robert, Adela and Martin. All of them were very nice polite ( not very common in Prague) and smiling all the time. If you are planning to stay here the staff will make your time here very pleasant.

I definitelly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a quality for a reasonable price.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Martin v
Helensburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 October 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a 3 night city break in October 2013. The hotel is modern, light and spacious; our room was big and had a large bathroom. Everywhere was spotless and staff were always helpful. We had an inclusive breakfast that pretty much catered for all tastes from fat-boy full English cooked to fresh fruit and juice and everything in between. Its a buffet and I had a different selection each day. The hotel is a 2 minute walk from Andel metro and bus station so very easy to get to from the airport on Metro route B.
What I really liked about the hotel was the location. Its a 40 min walk or a 10 min metro ride to the main touristy areas but the hotel is very much in a "local" area. There are a whole range of bars, restaurants and shops right on your doorstep that are used by Czechs, not tourists, and thus, to my mind, are far more interesting. We ate out each night and seemed to be the only non-Czechs around. That's why we came here!
The Barcelo Praha 5 gets top marks from me. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Remember to ask for a double room or you may end up with a twin.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Colin R
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

Although not located bang in the centre, it was only a couple of stops on the tram. It was a very nice, clean and well run hotel. I would stay here again and would recommend it to anyone. Nice decor and absolutely spotless.

• Stayed October 2013
Stafford
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a 3 night city break in October! It's a beautiful hotel with all the amenities we required at a low price. We are fans of using the public transport so the location for us was not a problem! We bought a 3 day travel pass at the airport and this suited us as we definitely got our monies worth! Prague isn't a city we would like to go back to but for a first time this hotel is excellent!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

I've spent 4 nights with my husband in Superior Room (bed&breakfast).
Room was big enough for two of us and very clean.I can say that room was spotless and furniture was very bright and modern.We had all features that we needed (TV,air-con,a lot of pillows,kettler,instant coffee,tea,mini-bar...) All staff are really pleasent and very helpful.We had breakfast,which was nice continental buffet,warm and tasty.
Everything was perfect but I just had a small problem with distance between the hotel and nerby atractions,shopps and other things.For me was a bit far away comparing other nerby hotels in Praha Five.In the quiet area but the surrounding is not very pleasent because it's too dark,especially if you are coming back in late hours.I didn't feel very safe.I like to walk and not to use public transport so for me that was the one and only reason why I didn't like the location of the hotel.
I am going to come back here for sure!