“Nice location, good service, but don't go there for the Tapas only”
Review of Room

Room
Ranked #630 of 5,706 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
Description: Recently reconstructed ROOM tapas restaurant is located just 2-minute walk from Prague's famous Wenceslas Square and serves traditional spanish as well as latino-american dishes together with selection of finest wines and other beverages. The opening times are 0700h to 0100h whereas the kitchen works until 2300h. Lunch menu is being served from 1130h to 1500h and includes a complimentary soup/salad and espresso coffee. Free WiFi is offered in the entire restaurant. In the rear part of the restaurant a multi-functional lounge caters for many events such as exhibitions, product launches, press conferences and features the ICON gallery.
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We went there because of the trip advisor ratings.
Staff was really nice and prices are okay. However, the tapas did not taste like what you get in Spain.

As a tapas lover I was disappointed by the selection (some basic tapas as pimientos de patron) were missing and the quality of the tapas. The beef skewer for example was well spiced, but dry and he bean salad that came with it did not have a lot of taste.

It's a nice place to have drinks (aperol sprizz was tasty) and have snacks but not if you want to have dinner.

1  Thank Christine E

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

A very friendly cool bar, the back area is trendy for drinking & smoking.
The staff were happy & welcoming. Great tasty food at a very reasonable price. The salad we ordered for our daughter was large enough for all 3 of us. Cocktails were very good & also a great price!
I would definitely go back here next time I am in Prague.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

A highlight in our trip to Prague. Top class tapas in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. A great selection of popular favourites and some individual twists. Good wine selection backed up with good advice from Juan. We would definitely return when we come back to Prague and our relatives who live in the city have also pledged to visit again.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

We had a great start to a delicious, filling dinner punctuated by such friendly service. The sangria cava and various delicious tapas (not the least of which were the creamy croquettas and arros negro) served to whet our appetite for the fabulous paella valenciana. But the real clincher was the personal, friendly service that made our meal so enjoyable. The atmosphere of hip interiors and music rounded out a great evening. We will definitely return to this fantastic place on our next trip to Prague!

Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

The food may be good. I didn't have a chance of trying, as the menu has a lot of items, which they only serve to at least two persons. They refused to make any exceptions so I had to leave for another restaurant.
Obviously, had I been with somebody who didn't share my taste, the situation would have been the same. Very annoying!

2  Thank Laus S
ZizkovskaR, Manager at Room, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear Laus S,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us!

As you correctly mentioned, our menu contains a section with meals, such as our Gourmet menu for example, that are recommended for two people or more. This menu is very specific in how it is combined, cooked, presented and exceptions are possible in connection to number of previous reservations. If we have no possibility to make an exception that day, than there is wide offer of other options and our guests can enjoy variety of cold & hot tapas, pintxos of the day, main courses, salads, soups or desserts and they can also create their own gourmet menu with our help!

I feel sorry that you finally left without tasting our cuisine and I will be more than happy if you give it another chance. Please, feel free to contact me anytime, so that I can take personal care of you during your next visit!

With warm regards from me & the entire ROOM team,