“Great meal”

Neighbourhood: Vinohrady & Vrsovice
Cape Coral, Florida, United States
“Great meal”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Went to Zelena Zahrada during our 3 day visit to Prague. Almost a month later and my husband is still talking about his meal. He claims the Tom Yom Kung soup is the best soup he has ever had. My appetizer of fresh baked fig with goat cheese, onion jam was also at the top of the list. The entrees were just as good. Great value for the quality of food.

• Visited September 2013

• Czech first
  • Slovak first
Kosice, Slovakia
“A pleasant surprise - hidden gem”
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Our friends took us to Zelena Zahrada (Green Garden) because it is close to their apartment. I expected some neighbourhood pub kind of place that serves gulash and beer, but boy was I surprised...they serve 2 types of cuisines: mediterranean and chinese. It sounds like this diversification would make them be mediocre at both, but they are actually very good at both.
FOOD: I had a carpaccio which was beautifully presented, had a taste from beef tartare my husband had and it was yummy. I usually do not eat chicken soup but the one our friends ordered - with pork meat and black mushrooms - smelled so good it converted me and I will order it next time we stop by. My main course was Beef on lime leaves, It was very good. Not exceptional, but I spent considerable amount of time in Asia so I am a tough judge. My husband's Duck leg with spicy cabbage was an unusual twist but very good as well. Word of caution - if you like your food spicy, ask for mega spicy. I asked for spicy and it was nowhere near the spiciness I need to satisfy my cravings.
SERVICE: We were served by a lovely young gentleman, he tried really hard to make us happy. We did have to remind him to bring us lemons 2 or 3 times, but other than that, he was great. Our friends had a 4 y.o. daughter with them and she always checks out this restaurant's aquarium for Nemo-type fish. When she wanted to show me lobsters that "live" in the aquarium and not a single lobster could to be found, she got a little sad. Our waiter saw that and brought out the lobster from the kitchen (it was ready to be cooked) and even told a nice little story to the girl that the lobster is going home to the sea. I thought it was very sweet of him.
AMBIANCE: We were seated in a terrace area that is surrounded by glass walls. It was nice. I heard that the garden that surrounds it is used for al fresco dining during warmer months and I can immagine that once everything turns green, it must be a wonderfull place.
PRICES: After eating in various restaurants in the city center, I was pleasantly surprised by the prices in Zelena Zahrada. It is not the cheapest neighbourhood joint, but the prices are a half of what you'd pay in the center for comparable quality and service.

My conclusion: I am already planning on going back next time we are in Prague.

• Visited April 2013