“Nice atmosphere, huge offer - lack of quality and freshness”
Review of Zelena Zahrada

Zelena Zahrada
Ranked #1,048 of 5,633 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: European, Chinese, Mediterranean, Czech
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Vinohrady & Vrsovice
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Once you enter, the interior is pleasant with a lot of photos of czech celebrities on walls :-) The service is on good level.

They offer a strange combination of 2 different menus - Asian/Chinese and Mediterranean. Such a divesificated and large offer is always suspicious to me regarding freshness and quality. Both were so so. The Chinese menu is really oldfashioned, quite oily...Meals you would more see served as street food. The remaining offer is not bad, but in every meal there is something that could be much better with a little more effort: bits of hard parmesan cheese in risotto, chewy octopus, very sweet and strongly tomato based tom yum...etc.

We did not regret to have visited this place byt do not want to return...

Reviewed 12 March 2014

This restaurant is great and I visited thus place couple times. Absolutly love everything which I tried.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Great food, great service and breathtaking atmosphere. As a bonus for all older czech natives, they serves the ,, China from Vodičkova street ,, made by the chef who was actually making this China in Vodičkova in late 80' :+. Reccomend.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Went to Zelena Zahrada during our 3 day visit to Prague. Almost a month later and my husband is still talking about his meal. He claims the Tom Yom Kung soup is the best soup he has ever had. My appetizer of fresh baked fig with goat cheese, onion jam was also at the top of the list. The entrees were just as good. Great value for the quality of food.

Reviewed 17 April 2013

Our friends took us to Zelena Zahrada (Green Garden) because it is close to their apartment. I expected some neighbourhood pub kind of place that serves gulash and beer, but boy was I surprised...they serve 2 types of cuisines: mediterranean and chinese. It sounds like this diversification would make them be mediocre at both, but they are actually very good at both.
FOOD: I had a carpaccio which was beautifully presented, had a taste from beef tartare my husband had and it was yummy. I usually do not eat chicken soup but the one our friends ordered - with pork meat and black mushrooms - smelled so good it converted me and I will order it next time we stop by. My main course was Beef on lime leaves, It was very good. Not exceptional, but I spent considerable amount of time in Asia so I am a tough judge. My husband's Duck leg with spicy cabbage was an unusual twist but very good as well. Word of caution - if you like your food spicy, ask for mega spicy. I asked for spicy and it was nowhere near the spiciness I need to satisfy my cravings.
SERVICE: We were served by a lovely young gentleman, he tried really hard to make us happy. We did have to remind him to bring us lemons 2 or 3 times, but other than that, he was great. Our friends had a 4 y.o. daughter with them and she always checks out this restaurant's aquarium for Nemo-type fish. When she wanted to show me lobsters that "live" in the aquarium and not a single lobster could to be found, she got a little sad. Our waiter saw that and brought out the lobster from the kitchen (it was ready to be cooked) and even told a nice little story to the girl that the lobster is going home to the sea. I thought it was very sweet of him.
AMBIANCE: We were seated in a terrace area that is surrounded by glass walls. It was nice. I heard that the garden that surrounds it is used for al fresco dining during warmer months and I can immagine that once everything turns green, it must be a wonderfull place.
PRICES: After eating in various restaurants in the city center, I was pleasantly surprised by the prices in Zelena Zahrada. It is not the cheapest neighbourhood joint, but the prices are a half of what you'd pay in the center for comparable quality and service.

My conclusion: I am already planning on going back next time we are in Prague.