“Great value for money”

Ranked #53 of 662 Speciality Lodging in Prague
Hong Kong, China
“Great value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Location is good, it close to metro station, within 10mins walk. Very safe. Reasonable price for breakfast included stay. Definitely good for budget traveller. I lived in a double room facing the bus stop. It is not that noisy.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bell C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

I have been to this hostel with my girlfriend on 14 and 15 of june, and we stayed in double bed room with private bathroom. The place is very well situated, just 10 minutes from city center, in a zone from where we could reach many bars in walking distance. The best part of this all were the staff members, who were very helpful. Especially i have to thank Ondra, who recommended us amazing underground places to go to, that we wouldnt find in any guide. The hostel itself was clean and breakfast was good also with big selection of eats. And as we were going to Vienna by bus next morning the position, that is just next to the central bus station, was very convenient.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Chiang Mai, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Great Hostel, was very clean and new. Great breakfast spread too. Though the location I felt wasn't really the best. Approx 30 mins walk into the Old Square of Prague. Staff were friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed in Hostel Florenc for a week with a group of almost 30 students. Everything worked well; the rooms were good, the beds comfortable, whole hostel was clean, the reception open for 24h, the staff was good and the breakfast was everything I had hoped for. The location is not pretty, but useful, as it is near the metro station. Not the most beautiful or splendid hostel, but most certainly one of the best I have been with that amount of money. Cheap and good enough.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
hong kong
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

I moved to this hostel and stayed in a twin room for a night on 23 April, 2014. It is vey clean, new, well management and high security hostel. Breakfast is good and price is very reasonable.
You may need to take 15 minutes by walk to the old town but it is worthwhile.

Room Tip: Choose a room not facing the bus stop. It would be much more quite.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

This being the first hostel I ever stayed at, I was pleasantly surprised. I didn't really know what to expect. The front desk staff were very helpful and welcoming. I stayed in a private room, which felt like a hospital room - stark white everything. Not necessarily a bad thing, but not quite as inviting as other hostels. However, it was nice to know that it was very clean.

The couple of times I went to the common room, there was no one there. I was only there a couple of days, but at least from my impression this is not a hostel to stay at if you are looking for a super laid-back, chummy/lively kind of atmosphere. However, this could have just been coincidence.

The thing I liked least was the location. Yes, it is close to a bus, train, and metro station, but it is on the outskirts of town. For some reason I decided to be stubborn and not buy a public transport pass, so I know first hand that it is a good 20-25 minute walk to anything you would want to see. Granted, it was my own fault I decided not to figure out the metro, but still.

For my first hostel, I was very happy. It was a good price and I definitely felt safe. The free breakfast helped, too. I would recommend staying here as long as you know that you are not staying near the city center and are willing to figure out the metro system. If I return to Prague, I would find a different one closer to the main attractions.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Natalie W
AlesMo, Manager at Hostel Florenc, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Hello Natalie,
Firstly, thank you very much for taking your time to review our hostel, we really appreciate it.
I’m glad you liked our staff, we are trying our best to be helpful and give the best service possible.
I’m sorry you didn’t find our hostel as chummy, we are definitely working on it and with the summer we are coming with planned sociable events that would bring the travellers together.
I’m also sorry to hear that you found the hostel far from the centre. It is our fault that we didn’t give you enough information about how to get to the very centre. I personally walk to the main square not more than 15 minutes or take 2 stops with metro, so I’m really sorry you did not get this information.
I am glad, though, you enjoyed your breakfast and hope that you might change your mind when coming back in future.
I wish you good luck with your travelling and maybe see you again. Kristyna.
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

If you hate long trips to and from bus, train and metro stations, then this is the place for you. It's also just a fifteen minute walk from a major shopping mall and some old town attractions.

Breakfast is plentiful and varied, and the staff know their stuff. Oh, and the manager is beautiful.

Room Tip: Some rooms have their own sinks and tables
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo