“One of the best hostels - big party place though ”

The MadHouse Prague
Ranked #1 of 651 Speciality Lodging in Prague
“One of the best hostels - big party place though ”
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

One of the best hostel experiences I have had. The staff are very friendly, hardworking and helpful. This place is big for partying so if your not into that, I would recommend going somewhere else.

The facilities are clean, work really well and new. The kitchen is perfect for what ever you need. People usually go ou together as you quickly make friends with everyone here. The staff take you to a good number of bars which are usually pretty awesome.

Prague is a crazy city and this hostel is well suited to make sure you take advantage for the city properly.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 4 June 2014

was here in early may 14, There's a trendy vibe to this place, and the staff here are really friendly, and helpful. With nights out around Prague every day, though the weekends seem to be the nights to be be at. The hostel is pretty conductive to a good social atmosphere, and made it easy to meet people.

Even if you're abit of an introvert the staff will help you enjoy your time here! The hostel itself was clean, and had good facilities. A bonus was the cool artwork that's spray painted in every room, and the free beer in hand as a welcome.

The hostel itself is quite close to the 9 tram and the metro station is about 150 meters away from it, 10 minute walk.

There's also a 24 hour pizza place just next door to the place that's open on the weekends, as well as a burrito place just around the corner who offer you a discount if you show your Hostel band, its pretty much a godsend after a night out, get the XL, you won't regret it.

If you're not much of a party person and more of a hermit, this place might not be for you, but there are good times to be had here :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Gerwyn07
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This hostel is great- the staff are wonderful and friendly and helpful. They do extremely cheap group dinners. The dorms even though are large are partitioned off I.e. I stayed one night in 8 bed called aquarium which was a front room of 2 sets of bunks and a door at back to separate room 2 sets of bunks and then a night in 12 bed dorm called the jungle but I got another separate room within the dorm which had a set of bunks and a single and I nabbed the single.

Negatives- I wasn't in much of a party mood and if you stay home, be prepared for every other person to be out and coming in late. Bunks little rickety and squeak. You have to sleep with windows open cos it's warm in rooms but the noise off alley below is surprisingly loud. Also was construction on street which can't be helped but starts early. Think it's almost finished. Bathrooms ok- not as good as I have had.

Fun hostel if you want to party. If you want to go to bed before 11 and sleep the night- look elsewhere.

Room Tip: The jungle (12 bed) is broken off into lots of parts- stay here as long as your not by the door!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Now, this is weird, nobody has ever wrote anything about the noises.

Definitely no bother to others, it seems but a restless night is not in my travel agenda.

ALL ABOUT noises:

(1) from outside: tram traffics noises, peoples hanging out on the street in groups enjoying themselves till late, loud hammering construction works that starts early morning - and there is no way to block these noises (by guests).

(2) from inside: a bigger room is connected to 2 other rooms, so the whole section has 3 bedrooms doors and 1 bathroom door, all without the noise cushion for the doors, so closing the doors create a loud bang, worse if some are drunk or rough, the banging noises are louder (of course, the noise level may depends on which room or bed you are allocated). I was given the worse bed/room, along the "pathway" for 11 peoples (on the last night, a nice plumpy guy whose name I failed to ask has kindly allowed me to shift bed). Knowing that this is a party house, the young and loud boys and girls will become rowdy after late night drinking, but why no notice posted on the every nedroom door as a gentle reminder for everyone to keep quiet? They seems rather have everyone to yak loudly about the party and tomorrow events at 3.20 am upon returning home (this is actually hapened, all heard after awoken by their inconsiderate attics. Of course, the chat at 3.20am is all patronizing, is this really necessary at this hour? ( I do note that there is a very small print notice of being respectful of others abt the noises, but this isnt enough). I have stayed at a very budget hut in thailand, they are strict about no noise after 10 pm, every little wooden hut has a notice sign! Of course, the snorers are always a plentifully in a dorm but ear plug helps to certain extent.

Next is about a little attitute shown for using their washer. Nobody has mentioned about the laundry, how it works. But there is a notice : "do not use, if you wish to do laundry, please come and see us at reception". I presume that it is all about payment first before the guest is allowed to use (strategically located inside guest' ensuite bedroom). So, given the timing is busy hours where everyone will start to get ready for party and , may use bathroom and to avoid another trip downstairs, I quickly put in my dirty clothes into washer first (to avoid rush hours). And I need to wash socks, n underwear separately by hand first before dumping into washer. This means I rather do my own laundry, i.e quick and cleaner (rather not by the staff). Once all done up n started on the washer, I went downstairs to pay. Immediately when the young asian looking guy at the "frontdesk" knew about me using the washer, he sort of told me off, implied that I might spoil their washer (which is the reason that only their staff is allowed to operate their machine). GOODNESS me, the accusing look and tone he used was beyond the friendliness the hostel is known for. Immediately, he asked another guy to check on the washer machine, right infront of me and had the guy followed me up. Well, the machine is working fine, of course and I had it set on the right mode too. I had heard from another guest that her white t shirt came back as light blue, thanks to their good hands at handling washer. Ultimately, he cares more about the washer's well being. Well, I saved the staff about half the trouble of doing my laundry and I saved my clothes from turning into some unwanted colour. He cannt even state the right time for laundry collection. First asked me to collect at 10pm, then changed to 11pm but until 11 past, my laundry still not ready. It all cost me 200 koruna, all-in.

Please do be clear on written notice. A sign notice stating "staff use only, not for guest" will be better as the washer is their precious.

Working staffs are nice and friendly, tho they seems to work too hard.

Thus, hostel is not for the matures.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Yeni F
dehradun
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Hi we had a great time in the hostel this was our first hostel experience we enjoyed from the time we entered till we left very very friendly staff it's run by a group of friend who are travellers them-self so they know all the smallest thing you can imagine. Will defiantly go and stay there again the only minus point was that the beds are too soft and Ian habitual to had ones rest every thing was perfect

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
West Midlands, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

This is a great small hostel in Prague with a good location. Facilities were good and the place was clean. The staff were really friendly and helpful and arranged nights out with everyone every night. This is great for solo travellers to get to meet people. Would def recommend if your after a good hostel with a great atmosphere.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Stayed for 3 nights at the Madhouse and I regret leaving.

When I arrived, I was received with a cold beer. I was really tired because of the flight but the hostel crew was so friendly, so outgoing, so fun, that they convinced me to hang out with them. It was great!! Beerpong and party every night with a really friendly vibe.

Unlike other party hostels, the room was also very nice. Good beds, everything was really clean, great bathroom, very comfy.

This is the only hostel I recommend so far, it was flawless.

• Stayed April 2014