“Great value near Hotel Boscolo”

Rustica Prague - Pizzeria
Ranked #930 of 5,753 Restaurants in Prague
Price range: US$6 - US$10
Cuisines: Italian
Neighbourhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
Neighbourhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We were staying at the Hotel Boscolo post-cruise and are glad we found this little gem. It's located in a cellar and is covered in all manner of interesting pictures and "stuff." Their pizza is good, and is too big for one person (we barely finished two the first visit). They have several salads (Caprese, Gopsky, etc.) and we enjoyed each we ate. They also have other Italian dishes, but we ran out of days. I'd definitely come back on my next stay.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I was there 2 times. Very good pizza. For sure I will come back there once agan in the future.
BTW Prices are on resonable level.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Round the corner from my hotel, when I first looked at the place from the outside, was a bit doubtful about going in. but inside the place was lovely, rustic look, friendly waiters. Menu had a a nice selection of food, not just pizza & pasta.Been a vegeterian I ordered a pasta, portion was huge, could not finish, but was very nice,, and reasonable priced. My last day in Prague, but my coleague who stayed on said he will definetly go back, to try the other dishes.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Entering the restaurant, the atmosphere was slightly dim and dark. Pretty cosy! We were pretty excited to make our first order. However, after 20 minutes did not arrive and from the open kitchen I could see the chef was just about to start making our first order, which was the tomato bruschetta. We were already famished by then. When it arrived, the bruschetta didn't really taste that great as the raw onion taste were too strong. By the way, who puts onions on bruschetta?

Next, the salmon with spinach and cheese. I can't remember well which cheese did they use. Most probably goat's cheese. Boy, I would never order that dish again. Ever! The cheese overpowered the salmon and it didn't taste nice at all!

I ordered myself a margherita pizza, which came in almost after 40 minutes of waiting. Big and it could be shared with 3 people at most. Well, it was just okay. I'm surprised they didn't put any basil on a margherita.

The staff was nice and one of them could speak good English and she made us feel extremely welcomed.

Overall, I would give this restaurant an average just because the price was pretty cheap and we could get a lot of food. However, the late order arrival and the weird food combination really reminds me of what I saw in Kitchen's Nightmare!

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Well priced, relaxed, really pleasant people, simple menu of Italian and Czech dishes the skewred chicken was moist and tast, Feta salad was fresh, fabulous chips, good beer and 2 free shots of local grog!