“It's not enough to look fancy”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Rest.

Rest.
Ranked #565 of 5,370 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European, Central European, International
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Praha 4
Description: You can dream either you can eat. At Rest one is like the other. We appreciate good food so much we dream about it. We want you to do the same. Therefore we use only the finest goods and we do our best to enlighten menu with superb dishes and great wines!
Budapest
“It's not enough to look fancy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

We live close and have planned to try this place for long.

When we entered we were highly impressed by the eclectic but somehow cozy and cool design and athmosphere of the place. I was very pleased when reading the menu: promising tapas, main dishes and desserts.

But when the three tapas arrived that we ordered as appetizers I knew that I was too optimistic. My message to the chef is that it's not enough to create small, good looking pieces on design plates. The secret of great restaurants is that these pieces give you a taste-experience that you won't forget for a while. The three tapas were very-very far from this. The main dishes, a fried calamari and a burger were not surprising after this: the calamari had a very bitter taste from I don't know what, the burger was worse than the Prague average.

Furthermore, a good service does not mean that you ask me in every 5 minutes if I am happy. It means for example that you serve ketchup and mayo with the burger so that I don't have to ask for it.

I am really sorry because the concept is good but the staff, especially the chef kills it.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Bogyovics

• Czech first
  • Finnish first
“Lucky find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

I've been there with my girlfriend for a lunch and we really like it. She had a confited duck leg and i had a pork cheeks from a lunch menu with two glasses and we paid about 600 czk. So if you are looking for a very hight quality for a good price, this is a good place for you.

Visited November 2013
Warsaw, Poland
“Hidden away jem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

If you happen to visit Vyšehrad, do drop into Rest. It may look like an very expensive restaurant, but actually its very affordable. With a wonderful outdoor and indoor seating, this restaurant is very reasonably priced. The people are extremely friendly and make you feel right at home.
They go out of they way to customize dishes. For instance, I requested for an ice lemon tea and though it was not in their menu, they made an effort to ask me the recipe and make it.
Extremely clean and very close to Vyšehrad fortress. Very affordable.

Visited October 2013
“Great Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

This was my second visit. We had a meeting here and the staff were all very accommodating. I had the fish and chips. which were wonderful. The chips were hand cut. The fish was very well prepared. It was accompanied by a home made mayonnaise, which, like everything else, was superb. The prices are really quite reasonable, equal to or less than comparable restaurants in the city, yet the quality of food stands out above the others. The wine list is also quite extensive. The ambiance and decor are all really well done. It is classy, yet laid back. Rest certainly has a style to it. Rest has become one of my favorite restaurants in Prague.

• Visited October 2013
Prague, Czech Republic
“Adding some photos from our last visit to this wonderful restuarant..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

I have already written a review but wanted to add some photos!! We have a special wild mushroom season now and teh starts with teh muchrooms and everything was just perfect. well worth visiting regularly and the prices are very good for the quality of the food.

• Visited September 2013