“Excellent place”

and 1 more site!
Hostel Lipa
Ranked #59 of 679 Speciality Lodging in Prague
Reviewed 26 February 2014

It was a pleasure to stay in this hostel, it was a really cosy room, friendly, it is similar to a normal flat, which makes you feel at home, and the owner was extremely helpful! Highly recommended for couples, for friends!

Room Tip: We stayed in the 'green room'. It was a really good choice!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 February 2014

We stayed with my sister in Lipa Hostel twice (2012 and 2013). Excellent rooms, clean and comfortable. The attention from its owner, Michal, could not be better!! Very friendly!!
Really the best place to stay in Prague. Only 5-10 minutes by bus from the city center!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I have been recently in this hostel, it is in a nice area, really close to the centre!
The place is nice, and clean with everything you need. The host is very kind and provides you with maps and lots of information about the city, really great place!!!

Room Tip: nice place to stay in Prague
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stayed at Hostel Lipa in August 2013, and spent the first two nights in the budget double then our final night in the normal double. Both rooms were lovely, the first was fairly small but it was decorated very well and was all we needed for the time in that room. The double we moved into for the final night was huge, had a sofa and a table with chairs to sit on and a lovely big wardrobe. We absolutely loved our time staying here, and Michael is great! He sat down and marked on a map all the best places to visit in Prague, and explained best times to go to avoid tourists etc which was a great help. He is also very knowledgeable with his Prague beers, so pointed us too some brilliant pubs and bars which we visited. The shared areas are all nicely furnished and clean. Highly recommend to anyone staying in Prague!! (also easy access to and from town using the trams 25 or 9!)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Hi i am Franco, Argentinian and I was on july 2013 at Lipa Hostel with my girlfriend Cony and was really good, the Hostel has a very good design at the rooms ( are big and comfortable). The bathroom is clean, hot water works perfect, the kitchen is complete and useful, safety please really close to a nice park just less than a half block!! a lot of green, the location of the hostel is really good, bus stop really close and possibility to go everywhere in Prague.Very good quality price. Is run by its owners ( Michael and Linda and the little Micholas!!) really nice people, who know the city and can give you good tips.. especially Michael about really good Czech beer, and bar...
Recomendado
Fran and Cony

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

I came tothis hostel after a bad experience in a big one. It's lovely and cosy, and the stuff treat you kind, always suggestion things to do and worrying about you. I gave it only 4 stars because it's a bit far away from the city center, and because the last night I had to sleep in a couchbed, but Ibwas charged like it was a normal bed. But still I liked the hostel a lot.

Reviewed 2 June 2013

Spent 3 nights in Hostel Lipa. I arrived late in the evening but Michael was happy to sit with me and explain the city, give me maps, information, and provide me with everything I could need for a very enjoyable stay. The price of the hostel was very reasonable and Michael also provided me with a travel card for much less then I could get elsewhere. The hostel is in Prague 3 with a direct bus line to Florenc bus station and the centre of Prague.

On one of the nights, after a few too many beers, I lost my bank card in a taxi. Michael was extremely helpful and called the police for me who recovered my card and returned it only a few hours later. You don't find that type of help everywhere and I appreciate it a lot, so thank you very much Michael!

Only small negative was that the room was quite loud at night from the street right outside. However, once you have tired yourself out walking around Prague or drunk enough Czech beer, it isn't a problem!

I would recommend this hostel to groups and solo travelers alike. Thanks Hostel Lipa for making my stay in Prague enjoyable and comfortable!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo