Hostel One Home
US$174
Trip.com
US$140
  • Breakfast included
Green Garden Hotel(Prague)(Great Value!)
US$138
Orbitz.com
US$71
US$63
US$168
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsdrinking gamesfree dinnerdaily activitieshomemade dinnerpub crawlfamily dinner every nightdorm areabone churchcommon areasspecial shouthome away from homecommon roomthe main train stationairport express busgreat wifikutna horatourist spots
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I've stayed in a lot of hostels but this was definitely the first time that I walked in and was asked if I wanted some water after the walk and where the staff just started yapping away as if they already knew us. Then we were encouraged to join everyone for the FREE (and yummy) dinner made by Nano (even got seconds...thanks!). All of this worked fairly well as a bunch of us spent some time out and about in the city later that night. The other staff members were also really fun and good humoured - with a friendly way of telling people to be quiet if necessary that you'd never be annoyed about. The beds are comfy, you get a proper tour from the staff, the location is grand - near a metro and near the city without being too close to all the noise and the showers are very clean (you don't think you're going to get a disease from them).

Only negative side was that the WiFi in the dorm area is terrible (but there are four free computers to use so I can't really complain...) and it would be really great if there was a terrace with some tables and chairs for sitting outside on a warm summers evening.

Otherwise, very very good! Will definitely recommend it if I know anyone going to Prague :)

THANKS ALL!

Room Tip: No particular advice really
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Hostel One Home is by far one of the nicest hostels I have ever stayed at, and both the staff and atmosphere made my stay in Prague incredibly fun and productive. The hostel is located only a short walk from the Old Town Square (10 minutes maximum), and the main train station is only a 5-10 minute walk in the opposite direction.

From flavourful family-style dinners cooked in-house to pub crawls and nights out organized by the staff, this hostel has it all. I cannot speak highly enough of the entire staff -- They know how to have fun and organize amazing nights out without disturbing the guests who don't want to go out, and they are some of the nicest and most welcoming people I have ever met. If I came into the reception with a question, it was always answered. If I came into the reception with a hangover, it was always cured. Especially as a solo-backpacker, being able to meet other travelers and be in such a great environment was very helpful.

Whether you want to go to sleep early or stay out until sunrise, Hostel One Home is perfect. If you're looking for a hostel in Prague, look no further. I will be going back as soon as possible -- This hostel was one of the primary reasons I found Prague to be such an awesome city.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent -- I had #6, an 8-bed dorm, and it was spacious and quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Hostel One Home Prague is just great! The staff are friendly and helpful. They always encourage boarders to know each other and also make plans for the evening so that you do not have to keep thinking where to hang out. Perfect place if you are travelling alone. The community internet is free (most hostels charge you for using desktops in the lobby). The free dinner is often very good. In short..as Nano told me on the first day "you are in safe hands brother!". Sure I was. Thanks a ton.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I had the most amazing time at this hostel and I can't stop raving about it. First of all, the staff are wonderful and care about making your experience in Prague the best. A special shout out and thank you to Nano, a staff member who I hope everyone meets when they stay!

This is a great place to meet people if you're traveling alone like I was. The communal dining area always has people there and there were fresh baked goods there everyday too (part of the reason for my post vacation weight gain but I'm not complaining!)

Free dinners were a great bonding moment, you can even help them cook if you like! The food itself was alright but the experience was one that all solo travelers look for: conversations with people from all over the world, maybe even meeting a new travel friend :)

You can purchase breakfast for about $3 USD per day. It included cereal, eggs, cold cuts and cheese, bread, and fruits.

Unfortunately, this was my first stop on my Eurotrip and it set the bar so high that the rest of my destinations and hostels seems lacking. I hope everyone who stays will enjoy their experience as much as I did!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 June 2013

First thing I heard as I walked in at 8 at night was, "drop your bags and have some dinner before we check you in".
Great location, right next to the train station and just a short walk to the main square, this place was small but homey!! Plenty of showers and toilets to go round, and the rooms were very spacious and clean! The staff were always willingly to tell you where to go or let you borrow a map if your off on a day trip and always keen to take you out that night! And your welcome to hang around as long as you want if you have a late departure time including still being able to take advantage of the free dinner! All in all the staff definitely bring a different feel to the hostel one that will be making you want to stay longer!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo