“Best hostel in all of europe”
Review of Hostel One Home

Hostel One Home
Ranked #12 of 679 Speciality Lodging in Prague
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I have been to 9 cities in Europe and 8 cities in new zealand. I have stayed in hostels in every single city, this hostel was the best hostel I have ever stayed in. The entrance was bizarre but once you walk in it is very clean and welcoming. Took about 30 minutes for the place to feel like home. The staff was the most incredible staff I have ever encountered when traveling. They managed to be your friend while treating you as though you are at a hotel not a hostel. They know all their guests name, cook for you, eat with you, drink with you and bring you to the best bars and clubs. Their only intention is for you to have a fantastic time while you are there and they have a blast doing it. The place is super clean, family like atmosphere, and loads of fun. If you are going to Prague it will not be the same unless you stay in this hostel. I'd give it 100 stars if I could.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Staff are the best got us involved celebrated my birthday for me and very lovely hostel! I recommend this for sure it is in a great location also !! It is clean and everyone there is willing to hang out . Staff help you direct you where you need to go and what you want to do. It was very nice this hostel very homily like

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 27 June 2014

No illusions, this is a party hostel. If you want to have the most amazing time in Prague then stay here. The staff are the friendliest I've ever met at a hostel and legitimately want you to have an awesome time.

Don't be stupid. Stay here.

Also, the facilities are modern and clean. The free dinner is great and the breakfast is cheap (and doesn't end until the last person gets up).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This hostel in awesome, from the moment you walk in the staff are legit, learning your name, offering you a coffee and making you feel like part of the cool group at school. The big hostels have their charms, but smaller hostels like this are so much better in my opinion as it feels like a bunch of mates rather than a bunch of strangers. The wifi is also mean as, unlike the rest of Europe so far. These staff and the perfectly located hostel really made our stay what it was, thanks everyone.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This hostel was in a perfect location, within walking distance to everything. The hostel had activities planned out for every day and night. They also cooked you a delicious dinner every night. Very easy to met people and so much fun. Very clean

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Cross-posted with a Yelp review I wrote, but here it is:

I've been travelling around Europe for a couple weeks now, and I've stayed at plenty of hostels... but none quite like Hostel One Home. If you've ever had an idea of your dream hostel-- great atmosphere, clean rooms, clean bathrooms, common areas to chill out and meet people, activities, amazing staff-- you've pretty much got Hostel One Home down pat. I got there a little before check-in time, and was still able to go to my room. Matt helped me lug my bags up the staircase, which was super chill of him. And then Fede helped me check-in at reception and basically explained Prague to me through a tiny map. I will warn you that if you're going to pay for your stay with credit card that there is (I believe) a 4% charge, but don't quote me on that. You'd best pay for your stay here in cash, but I don't care because staying here is worth the money. Whoever is at reception will also give you a free map of Prague and go over some of the best places to visit. I stayed here for 5 days, so that was more than enough time to see most of Prague. (Though admittedly, I was pretty much drunk the entire time I was here, so I don't remember seeing MUCH of it...)

I will warn you that if you don't like to party or drink, this might not be the best hostel for you. I mean you can have fun without those things, and I've seen people come through here who don't partake, but it's more fun if you do the activities ,go out with the people at the hostel and staff, because you'll meet more people, have more fun and generally partake in H1H debauchery. Either way, you'll feel like you're at home here. Seriously. People have liked it here so much that they've either extended their stay, or volunteered to work at the hostel in exchange for free room and board. I would have done it myself, had my time not been limited. The reception here is 24h, so there's always someone at the desk-- and there's free lockers (as long as you have a padlock) in the rooms. They're super clean and super new because the hostel is just a year old... This is also one of the only hostels that I know of that makes free dinner every night for their guests-- DO IT. You'll meet so many cool people and you'll get to play drinking games with the staff afterwards. While I wish I had gotten to know the staff a little better (because they're super chill people,) I had a lot of fun doing the daily activities (most of which involve drinking, but my mother says I'm an alcoholic anyway so... self-fulfilling prophecy?) and going out with my new friends in Prague at night. They even go to Kutna Hora an hour away for the bone church. They have a brother hostel, which is pretty cool too, but H1H is in one of the best locations, so you'd be hard pressed to find a better location, better facilities and better staff.

Basically, I don't have ENOUGH kind words to say about this place because it really was like my home. You'll have to visit H1H for me and let me know how you've liked it. Loved this place, and I hope to return (hopefully as a worker, but fuuuuck those Prague hills. You can't make a fat asian climb that and survive!)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

If you're visiting Prague, this is the place to stay. Awesome location and all aside it was a fantastic experience right from the moment I booked and got an e-mail confirmation. To be honest, I decided to stay an extra day just because of the place. Super clean, fantastic people and always something to do. Pub crawls, visits to places in town and fantastic company - all there. A genuine warning - you may not want to leave. I sure as hell didn't. Thank so much guys. Cheers.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo