“Lovely Czech products at all price points”
Review of Manufaktura

Manufaktura
Ranked #5 of 405 Shopping in Prague
More attraction details
Owner description: Visit MANUFAKTURA Original Czech Tradition shops, which offer the widest range of czech cosmetics and traditional folk crafts in Prague: wooden toys, Easter eggs, straw ornaments, ceramics, nativity scenes, canvas, forging glass, handmade paper and blueprint.
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We visited several of the Manufaktura shops in Prague. The largest one we found was this one near Old Town. We also found a smaller one in a mall and a third somewhere else. The shops carry items like lotions, soaps, bath items, tablecloths, placements, napkins, wooden toys, and jewelry by local Czech artist Zina Richterova. I bought tubes of lotions for my friends and some jewelry for me and a friend. This downtown store was the only one which carried the jewelry. I like buying local products when we travel. I would say there was something for nearly every price point. The lotions were about $8. The jewelry pendants were about $20 something. I did notice online that they have a Czech do not disturb sign. If I had seen that in the store, I would probably have bought it.

3  Thank lynclarke

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I had a very good look at many souvenir shops before parting with any cash. Most of the shops are just terrible...full of ugly mass produced garish rubbish. The souvenirs at Manufaktura are tempting ....the types of things you buy as presents for your friends but just cant bear to part with.
I loved the stock in this shop and especially loved that you could buy gifts at all price points. Very very attractive hand made souvenirs.

3  Thank tubbyconqueror
Reviewed 18 May 2014

If you want to buy some souvenirs or presents from the Czech Republic, Manufaktura is the place to go. You will find their shops all over Prague, and also at the Ruzyne airport (now called Vaclav Havel Airport...!). Beautiful handcrafts, great wooden toys, hand painted eggs, linen, corn husk elements, soaps and body lotions, and ALL Czech made!

2  Thank evamariacampo
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I'd read about this shop in my guide book and had made a note to check it out.

It was very refreshing to visit a shop where I could tell that most of the goods were locally made. They have clearly given a lot of thought to product placement and arrangement, as the store did not feel crammed with goods and did not have a tacky feel to it.

There are food items (lots of tea), beauty products (beer-based creams, anyone?), decorative items (porcelain, wooden and gingerbread decorations and lovely painted eggs) and lots of toys. My niece was captivated by the toy section and tried almost everything, without being told off by any of the store personnel.

There are several branches of this shop all over Prague, so make sure to pop into one of them if you visit Prague.

1  Thank Talampakan
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Good cosmetics, pleasant smell and prices are reasonable comparing to cosmetics in France.
The shop in the Flora shopping center ( Flora station ) is smaller but cheaper than those in the touristic area

2  Thank sab C