“Poor breakfast with poor service”
Review of Narodni Kavarna

Narodni Kavarna
Ranked #35 of 149 Dessert in Prague
Price range: US$4 - US$12
Cuisines: Czech, International, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Description: The National Cafe was founded at the turn of 19th and 20th century. The Cafe was famous meeting point for Grand Old Men such as Karel Capek, S.K.Neumann, Jaroslav Seifert, Vladislav Vancura, Voskovec and Werich.After the World War II. the property including the National Cafe was sold to the contemporary minister JUDr. Jaroslav Stransky.From 1948 the building was taken by the Communist alliance of writers and the National Cafe was waiting for its reopening for a long time.Today we proudly welcome you back to the newly reopened National Cafe and let's bring back its faded glory and the unique atmosphere of the First Republic cafe.
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We went to breakfast, we ordered fresh juice and we had done long. We claim and were not given any explanation, no apology. Yes, we charged. The rest of the breakfast pretty weak. There are cafes and best places in Prague. Would not recommend.

There are newer reviews for Narodni Kavarna

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Tonight I was dining with a friend who came to Prague to write a book...I was wondering where to take her and Narodni kavarna came to my mind as a great inspirational place for a writer :-) It was an excellent choice. Professional and very nice staff, delicious food, excellent coffee with option of soy milk and incredible homemade desert reminding me of my childhood favorite sweet meal. Will be coming back soon to try out breakfast and definitely Narodni kavarna will become my first choice for business meetings over coffee in the downtown.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Walked in with my family of 4 and had a well prepared and reasonably priced lunch. While it doesn't cater to the tourist crowd it was easy enough for us to navigate the somewhat limited menu. The food was excellent and service was fast.

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Slow and little snooty service, nice decor and overall ambience. Our cold strudel was average, waited 25 minutes for a sandwich, luckily it was delicous. Last, the waiter misunderstood my coffee order and also brought a desert which we never ordered. Would not bother coming again.

1  Thank FB000
Reviewed 23 June 2014

A friend and I were looking for a reasonably priced brunch on Sunday - and found it here! We ordered different eggs and wieners. The food was tasty. Coffee was very good, too.