“Forget the "Free" Tours, Pay For This One”

The Naked Tour Guide
Ranked #19 of 533 Tours in Prague
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We run professional off-the-beaten track tours which cater to small groups and independent travellers. We don't believe in large groups of people chasing after a guide waving an umbrella, nor do we believe that the cost of a private guide should blow your holiday budget. We offer a range of tours, each focusing on a different aspect of the city. We love what we do and we look forward to welcoming you to Prague!
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We had a great tour with Imogen around the Old Town of Prague, there was so much history covered and we got a great feel for why Prague is like it is today. Imogen obviously loves Prague and all the history, it's always so good when the tour guide has such a passion for what they are doing. There were only 5 people in total on the tour so a completely different feeling to the "free" tours.

We were waiting at the meeting spot watching the free tours get organised and there must have been 60 people doing those, not my idea of fun. And why waste 3 hours with so many other people, since if you don't enjoy it, you may not have time to do another (better) walking tour.

If you do this tour, don't worry if you don't see the tour guide immediately, once all the free tours have set off and the space has cleared, the guide will appear right on time.

Half way through the tour you stop off at a pastry shop and have a chance to refresh yourselves. Imogen also took the opportunity to go over what we might be interested in and point out some restaurants and museums we could see. We ended up going to a great museum purely through Imogen's recommendation.

2  Thank AnnabelLucy
ImogenDW, Manager at The Naked Tour Guide, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Dear Annabel,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I'm glad you got a lot out of it - it's great to feel like I've helped someone enjoy this awesome city. Good luck with all your future travels!
Best,
Imogen

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I had a very personal (two people + tour guide) tour that really helped introduce me to Prague. The tour was very good at illustrating how older history and sentiments affected the late 1930s-1989. Stefan was an incredible guide: very friendly, very knowledgeable (able to answer all my questions), and very helpful (gave me great tips for what to do in the city). I can't say enough good things about the tour and Stefan. Thank you so much for a wonderful and informative tour!

thenakedtourguide, Guide at The Naked Tour Guide, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Amanda,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review. I've had a wonderful time with you and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed it as well. I am happy I brought the extremely interesting, albeit traumatic, 20th century history of this country closer to you. Enjoy the rest of your study abroad in Copenhagen!

Stefan

Reviewed 13 April 2014

So glad I took this tour. Stephan was excellent - so well read and passionate about Prague art and history. Would definitely recommend the Naked Tour Guide to all my friends visiting Prague.

thenakedtourguide, Guide at The Naked Tour Guide, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Chand,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. I really appreciate it. I've had a lovely time with you. I hope you will enjoy your few months' stay in Prague and that our tour has helped you understand the city better.

Stefan

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Did Explore Prague Historical Tour with Imogen and loved it. The tour was informative but not overkill. The pace was dynamic but not stressing. There's a lot of history behind the city's streets and statues. If you want to relate and connect the dots then this tour is a must. Imogen is just cool! It was November 2013 and pretty windy. Wear enough warm clothes :-)

1  Thank aojrsaccounts
Reviewed 30 March 2014

i highly, highly recommend, if you want to do a tour, do this one. we had imogen who was great. i doubt any of those working for this company would be anything less. when you see the huge groups being led about prague, you will be happy that you chose a company that has no more than 8 in any one tour. we did the historic tour (not the political or the Charles bridge one) and it was so informative. It really did give a great overview and then we knew the history and decided what we wished to go back to. as well, if there are a smaller number (as there were when we went) they'll tailor it to what you want to do. they will do, more or less the same route, but you can go slower or faster. I had my mum, who was 81, so we skipped the last part (climbing up the stairs) and had the benefit of walking at a slower pace. as well, whilst you can hire a private guide, etc, this was so much less expensive! do it….

thenakedtourguide, Owner at The Naked Tour Guide, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Kathleen,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. It's very much appreciated. Imogen is on annual leave at the moment, so it's up to me to respond to your review. I will be sure to pass on your kind words. I'm glad that both yourself and your mother enjoyed the tour so much, and we really appreciate the recommendation!

Safe traveling,