“Quality food and service at reasonable prices”

Pilsner Urquell Original Restaurant Tradice
Ranked #314 of 5,494 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Czech, International
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The PUOR is an original concept of Pilsner Urquell created in the First Republic style of a genuine folk restaurant. With a modern atmosphere it is famous for its congenial interior, decorated with copies of original contemporary artifacts, brewing equipment and tools, and, stylish furniture or solid wood wall panelling. The most salient feature is, however, a round-shaped copper bar with a replica of brewing kettle lid. Pilsen Lager is therefore served in a genuine environment corresponding to the traditional beer culture. The restaurant is composed of two sections: The Bar (50 seats) and restaurant (130 seats) with two lounges for closed circle of visitors, with the possibility of a self-serve beer tap and organization of various events, buffet banquets and celebrations and parties. At the time of major sports events, we roll down the projection screen and pull down the plasma screens for you to watch live broadcasts.
Prague
“Quality food and service at reasonable prices”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

This is a chain that the Pilsner Urquell beer company runs.
Sometimes the portions are a bit small for my taste, but the service, quality and presentation are all above average and sometimes I'm quite surprised at how quick the food is prepared and served. I dock them a star for no table water by default which is an old and dying tradition that unfortunately too many restaurants still think they can get away with. I'd eat here more often if I could just get a little sip of water before my meal.

• Visited August 2014

• Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Santa Cruz, California
“Low key and delicious food!”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My partner and I were staying in an apartment next door, and were afraid that we would not be able to find a nearby restaurant with vegetarian options. Tradice has them, PLUS fresh and wonderful beer! Service was wonderful and friendly, atmosphere was relaxed. We expected a madhouse what with World Cup (which we don't care about), but it was fine and quiet. A nice find in a neighborhood that is not rich in restaurants.

• Visited July 2014
St. Albert
“Great beer along with very good Czech food”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We dropped in the Pilsner Urguell for lunch during our walking tour of Prague. We enjoyed the lunch so much we dropped back in for dinner. Of course the beer was great. We had some more of the traditional Czech food. Along with the sausages and dumplings we had a wonderful grilled mixed vegetable plate. Very tasty. Sorry, too full to try dessert!

• Visited May 2014
Prague, Czech Republic
“Terrible service!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I experienced the worst service ever in this place!

I was looking for a place in Smíchov to watch the Algeria-Germany world cup games with some friends and found this place online. I called them in advance to make sure they will definitely show the game and reserved a table. So far so good... Not being asked if we want to order any food, the waiter told us that the kitchen is already closed when we tried to do so after sitting there half an hour. They weren't even able to serve any snacks at 10 pm. Watching the game, the projector failed to work a few times. That can happen, it's all right... I was still in the mood to give them a chance...But after being asked at 23.30 to order our last round, I was absolutely lost for words! But that wasn't it! A few minutes later they switched off the projector in the middle of the game!!! All right, it was close to 12 pm, their advertised closing time... but this is absolutely unacceptable! Advertising to show the world cup and then kicking guests out before the game is finished is just ridiculous! We went to Potrefená husa Husa just around the corner to watch the rest of the game and to enjoy some decent service.

I am very disappointed of this place and would not recommend it!

• Visited June 2014
Prague, Czech Republic
“Good meal”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Choice of several lunch dishes. The more expensive the price of drinks. The wait time for food and service is minimal.

• Visited July 2014