“Perfect location, spacious accommodation & helpful service”

Hotel Residence Retezova
Ranked #102 of 672 Hotels in Prague
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect location, spacious accommodation & helpful service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2013

After spending 5 days in Prague for a conference, my family flew out to join me for the weekend. We had looked at a suite in the hotel where the conference was taking place (the Sheraton on Zytna) but it was a lot more expensive, with very limited space and a 30 minute walk from the old town and its attractions. We chose the Retezova for its location and the fact that the apartment had loads of space with a separate bedroom for our boys. The facilities were modern, generally in good condition and everything was spotlessly clean. The beds were firm and there were extra pillows in the cupboards, a very useful touch. The only niggle was a velux window set in the ceiling above our bed (see picture above) whose curtain was broken. However, this was a minor thing. The apartment itself, the Paris / #8, was well-appointed and renovated with 2 bathrooms and stripped wooden floor. My wife suggested that the sofa could have been more suited to slouching - it was a firmly upholstered regency style design - but again, this is a matter of taste. A principal selling point is the location: as others have observed, it is a stone's throw from the Old Square, but discreet enough not to be noisy (apart from the odd stag party wandering by during the evening). It is literally a 5 minute walk to the Charles Bridge - we have 2 boys of 6 and 3, so this made getting out and about very easy. It was bitterly cold, but as long as you wrap up warm, there is no more beautiful city than Prague in the winter to experience by foot. The temperature in the apartment was easy to regulate, with radiators and windows which actually opened (a novelty in a hotel). There is also a fridge, well stocked with beer and wine and nibbles, realistically priced, so no need to head off to the nearby supermarket (funnily enough, a Tesco... about 5 minutes walk away too...).

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor in #8, Paris. Great for a family of four as it allowed for our boys to s...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Slovak first
Romford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2013

I stayed here in 2005 and it has taken me this long to remember the name of the hotel and I am glad I finally found it again. I wanted to stay in another hotel with my parents who had booked it with their friends but I was so glad they had no further rooms. A booking agency I used gave me this place and it wa sso much better than where I was going to stay. Check in was efficient and the quality of the room blew my breath away. I have stayed in executive suites before but this had such charm and my companions were very jealous. I had the Berlin suite and I hope to bring my fiance here for her first trip to Prague. I loved having the little courtyard to have my coffee in the morning and I used the cafe for my breakfast. It is literally only a few minutes walk to the old town and bridge.

Room Tip: Berlin suite spacious and quaint. People cpmplain about singapore suite so avoid
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank gordi_graham
Rueschlikon, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2013

Excellent location, Excellent staff. Room was charming, beautiful, clean and very spacious for my wife and three teen-aged children. Walking distance to everything. WiFi worked very well and the front desk even provided us with an electrical adapter. Excellent coffee shop next door was an added bonus. Staff was very helpful and very friendly.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank timgluck
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2013

Recently spent 3days and 2 nights in Prague and after reading positive reviews decided to book Hotel Residence Retezova. I booked directly through the hotel and from the start this was an efficient and simple process. we stayed i the Madrid room which was joyous. The painted ceiling, the floors, the perfect quite and comfy bed. I work in a boutique hotel and know good service. Both the reception staf that we spoke with during our stay we're polite, helpful and charming. Nothing was too much, the gentleman working one night assisted in booking our restaurant reservations. The location was ideal, everything was within a short walk.
I plan to return again one day to Prague and when I do I will definitely look to stay here again.

Room Tip: Madrid is hard to better, loads of space, quite and cosy. Stayed in Feb
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Bergen, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013

Perfect location, perfect apartment, perfect service. I couldn't ask for more when me and my boyfriend stayed here for weekend in Prague. It's situated in the old town of Prague only a couple of minutes from the old square, the Carls bridge, numerous bars and restaurants, shops and everything else you might need. We stayed in a one bedroom apartment and it was just perfect for the two of us! In the summertime we could also have enjoyed a nice patio. Also, the small café next door offers great breakfast and good coffee as well as a nice atmosphere. We will definitely stay here next time we go to Prague :)

Room Tip: Some apartments have stairs. Also in summertime I would recommend an apartment with patio or terrace...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2013 via mobile

Residence Retezova is in a fantastic location within easy walking distance from all the major sites. I stayed in Apartment Madrid which is a gorgeous, huge and very comfortable apartment. It has a great power shower, tidy and clean kitchen with everything you need, huge TV and DVD player and a very comfortable bed. I slept so well! I would recommend going for the 'smart rate' where you get a discount for paying in advance. No need to get the bed and breakfast rate as breakfast at Cafe Ebel next door charges only 160K for breakfast. You can also buy food and eat in. The daily maid service means that someone else does the washing up and cleans your apartment for you every day, the height of luxury! For anyone who wants to be in the middle of the Old Town and have a sense of privacy and quiet, this is the place to be!

Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Sydney Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2013

This is a very good place to stay in Prague. It is just off the Main Square (but enough so it is not loud at night) and easy to walk to anywhere. The rooms are very comfortable and the age of the place gives it atmosphere. All the staff there were friendly and eager to please -- down to going off to purchase tickets for us to the Sparta Praha ice hockey game after the website wasn't working properly. We look forward to coming back.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family