“9 nights in Prague”

Ranked #104 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“9 nights in Prague”
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Absolutely great in every way. Location was perfect. Staff outstanding and our room (The Berlin Apt) was very clean and well maintained. Loved the Bohemian architecture of the rooms. We stayed for 9 nights and enjoyed our stay in Prague in this beautiful little Hotel. Has no restaurants, lobby, gym or anything like that but each room has it's own full kitchen with dinning room so you just go to the supermarket which is walking distance and buy your basics. You go out for lunch and dinner. Bathroom was rather small for what we are used to but it was totally fine. You just adapt. When abroad you have to accept that things are not like in the states. Adela the property manager was very gracious, helpful and knowledgable about everything pertaining to Prague. Will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: The Berlin Apt is perfect for two people.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Slovak first
Moscow, Moscow City, Russia
Reviewed 22 April 2013

We just come back from Prague, where me and my wife spent 7 beautifull days. We stayed in the Hotel Residence Retezova! This is beautifull place in the center of Prague, near old city. Very nice and clean room, comfortable and with a lot of space. All personal is very sweet and polite. If we visit Prague in the future, we will book this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Wokingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2013

The rooms are lovely (and clean), the service is friendly, the location is excellent and the bathrooms excellent. Watch out for low beams, the twin room was very cramped, and lighting was poor especially in the kitchen area. We'd go back.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 20 April 2013

A friend and I just returned from a 4-day stay in Prague at the Residence Retezova. This was the perfect retreat, right in the middle of Prague. It's located on a quiet side street, so there's no noise from the street, but it's right around the corner from the Old Town Square and just a few minutes' walk from the Charles Bridge. We stayed in the New York apartment, which has a bedroom, a large separate living room, and 2 bathrooms - which was perfect for two girls! It also has a nicely equipped kitchen, which was handy for making our own drinks and reheating our pastries in the oven. The room really is as large as it looks on the website! We felt like we had our own apartment right in Prague, and it was great to come back to such a spacious, comfortable place after sightseeing. My friend named it one of the top 3 rooms we've stayed in (we travel a lot). The living room and bedroom had individually controlled A/C too, which was great. The room was spotless, and the staff was so discreet that we never saw them - but our room was always tidied up and the coffee/soaps/towels were always replenished when we returned.

There's staff at the front desk 24 hours, which made it feel very secure, and they were all so friendly and helpful - and all spoke excellent English. They gave us maps and directions, as well as great tips for things to see. Even before I arrived, I asked for recommendations on where to eat (since we were arriving late at night), and they emailed me back right away. They arranged transport for us to/from the airport and train station, and it worked out perfectly. And the price was equivalent to a taxi service, but much more convenient and secure. Our flight out of Prague was late in the day, so they let us keep our luggage at the hotel after checkout. And when we came back to get our stuff, they already had it loaded in the car, which was waiting for us!

Also, I have to make a special note about the wi-fi. Our apartment had its own wi-fi router right in the room (I think they all do), and it was SUPER fast. The front desk even had network cables if you wanted a hard wired connection, which was even faster. We traveled all around Europe, and the internet access can be really iffy in some places. If internet access is important to you (it was to us, since we had to check in on work), this is an awesome bonus. And it's free!

And a final note - we ended leaving two umbrellas there by accident. They were kind of special - we had bought them in Ireland at a great little vintage shop and traveled all around Europe with them. When I emailed them, they shipped them right to me! Such great service.

I can't recommend Hotel Residence Retezova enough - it was a perfect stay, and I will certainly stay there again next time I'm in Prague.

Room Tip: Check the website for photos and descriptions of each room - the rooms really are so spacious! New Y...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank heinous
Dronningmoelle, Denmark
Reviewed 1 April 2013

We have just spend 5 days in Prague with some friends. The hotel was in the center of Prague, and it was just perfect, with a little garden. Very nice people, cleaning every day.
We can only recommend this hotel. Even that it is in the center of Prague it was nice and quietly.
Next time we are going to Prague we will definitely book this.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2013

After spending 5 days in Prague for a conference, my family flew out to join me for the weekend. We had looked at a suite in the hotel where the conference was taking place (the Sheraton on Zytna) but it was a lot more expensive, with very limited space and a 30 minute walk from the old town and its attractions. We chose the Retezova for its location and the fact that the apartment had loads of space with a separate bedroom for our boys. The facilities were modern, generally in good condition and everything was spotlessly clean. The beds were firm and there were extra pillows in the cupboards, a very useful touch. The only niggle was a velux window set in the ceiling above our bed (see picture above) whose curtain was broken. However, this was a minor thing. The apartment itself, the Paris / #8, was well-appointed and renovated with 2 bathrooms and stripped wooden floor. My wife suggested that the sofa could have been more suited to slouching - it was a firmly upholstered regency style design - but again, this is a matter of taste. A principal selling point is the location: as others have observed, it is a stone's throw from the Old Square, but discreet enough not to be noisy (apart from the odd stag party wandering by during the evening). It is literally a 5 minute walk to the Charles Bridge - we have 2 boys of 6 and 3, so this made getting out and about very easy. It was bitterly cold, but as long as you wrap up warm, there is no more beautiful city than Prague in the winter to experience by foot. The temperature in the apartment was easy to regulate, with radiators and windows which actually opened (a novelty in a hotel). There is also a fridge, well stocked with beer and wine and nibbles, realistically priced, so no need to head off to the nearby supermarket (funnily enough, a Tesco... about 5 minutes walk away too...).

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor in #8, Paris. Great for a family of four as it allowed for our boys to s...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Romford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 March 2013

I stayed here in 2005 and it has taken me this long to remember the name of the hotel and I am glad I finally found it again. I wanted to stay in another hotel with my parents who had booked it with their friends but I was so glad they had no further rooms. A booking agency I used gave me this place and it wa sso much better than where I was going to stay. Check in was efficient and the quality of the room blew my breath away. I have stayed in executive suites before but this had such charm and my companions were very jealous. I had the Berlin suite and I hope to bring my fiance here for her first trip to Prague. I loved having the little courtyard to have my coffee in the morning and I used the cafe for my breakfast. It is literally only a few minutes walk to the old town and bridge.

Room Tip: Berlin suite spacious and quaint. People cpmplain about singapore suite so avoid
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo