“Old city charm”

Hotel Residence Retezova
Ranked #8 of 365 Prague B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 October 2013

The hotel is superbly located in the heart of the old part of Prague, within walking distance to Charles Bridge, old town square and all the wonderful parts of the city....Be reminded that there are stairs to take up to the first floor of the building where the lift is located....especially if lugging heavy suitcases! The rooms come with loft bedrooms so take care when climbing the steep staircase (especially older couples!)....Well appointed rooms with all the modern comforts in an old building that used to be a furrier house....And the cafe next door (it is literally a door away!) is a gem for breakfast, quick lunch or coffee...all in all a good recommendation in Prague, which is a wonderful city to visit both for its culture and old world charm....Many thanks to Hanna at the reception and housekeeper Oxana who were both very helpful....

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelmania070

Reviewed 18 October 2013

We booked the Hotel Retezova for two days in October, 2013. When we arrived we were told we were upgraded, and were shown to one of the most beautiful suites I have ever experienced. A gorgeous, tri- level, with luxury loft suite, lower level a second bedroom, bath and sitting/ dining room.
Constructed around massive open beams, the style and luxury of the room delighted us. This is a beautiful transformation of a centuries old furriers shop. The staff were friendly and accommodating, and the adjoining café was perfect for breakfast. I have no idea what the going price is for this room, but our bill was excellent value. We loved our entire stay in Prague ( we stayed with our daughter and son- in- law for several days at another nice place), but we will definitely choose the Hotel Retezova for our next trip to Prague. May we soon return to Prague, the most beautiful city in Europe, and may we stay at the Retezova when we do!

Room Tip: Look at the photos on the web page to decide which rooms are best for you.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Stayed in Prague a couple of months ago, just getting to my reviews now........

This is a great hotel, right up there with the best that Prague has to offer. I stayed in the "room" that was actually a two level suite, with a huge upper floor bedroom and an equally huge bathroom. Main level was very nice too, with a small kitchen, LCD TV, another bathroom & bedroom and comfortable living/dining area. For the price I paid, this would probably be the best value room I've ever had, anywhere, on the planet. In fact, I was sure they had made a mistake and given me the wrong room ! (I checked, and they hadn't)

Location is superb, being midway between the main square and Charles Bridge, both a 5 to 10 minute walk. The hotel is located on a quiet side street as well, so no noise issues. Lots of great restaurants nearby, and loads of little pubs and street cafe's.

Staff is friendly, polite and helpful; I also stayed at the Hotel Agnes in Prague for a night, and the service you receive there is out of this world amazing. If being pampered is your thing, you can't beat the Agnes. But for room quality itself, I'd have to say the Retezova is a sure win.

Prague is one place everybody should see once in their lifetime - what a great city!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank DeepBlueDiver99
Reviewed 13 October 2013

This was my second time in Prague and not for a second doubted where to stay. Beautiful and charming hotel located 2 minute walk from old town square, the staff is helpful and kind, the rooms are quite spacious and quiet, there is a cafe next door where you get the breakfast. I definitely recommend Residence Retezova.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2013

This hotel was AMAZING! I will definitely go back and stay here again. The studio apartment I had originally reserved wasn't available, so the hotel staff very generously upgraded me to the family-size apartment, which was a beautiful 2 bedroom, 2 bath with a full size living room, dining room, and kitchen, plus a fireplace. I felt like I was in heaven:). The decor of the hotel is very authentic, charming, and also elegant. The hotel staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, and the location of this place was just perfect. A short few minute walk to the Charles Bridge, and just steps outside of the hotel was an amazing coffee shop, and around the corner a fresh pastry shop. And since it's on a small side street, the hotel rooms were very quiet despite being so centrally located. Prague is beautiful on its own, but this hotel really made my trip! It was an awesome experience and I highly recommend Hotel Retezova.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Megan781
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I booked a room at this hotel for my friend and I to stay at during our first visit to Prague. I booked with a special deal in advance and got a discount and paid 100% of the amount upfront. In order to get the discount it was non-refundable. A few weeks before our trip we realized we wanted to change our dates. The staff was so accomodating to us and changed it without any fees! The room was clean and perfect for the two of us. It had two beds in the loft and could easily sleep 3 people. The hotel was in a perfect location in Old Town in the city center and our room was not noisy at all. Price was good too. I really have no complaints about this place, I would definitely come back!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Meghan C
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Hotel Retezova is beautiful. Rooms were gorgeous and had a lot of character. We stayed in the New York room. The staff was also friendly and helpful. If you want to do the tourist things in Prague (Charles Bridge, Castle, Clock Tower) then this place is perfect. My only complaint would be that they only have one iron so if you need one ASAP but someone else has it you are out of luck. Other than that, perfect.

Room Tip: We chose the New York room. Very nice. As of late September 2013 there was construction going on tha...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple