“Great location, spacious, clean and friendly service.”

Hotel Residence Retezova
Ranked #100 of 649 Hotels in Prague
USA
“Great location, spacious, clean and friendly service.”
Reviewed 11 February 2009

Spent two nights and was completely satisfied. Great location to walk to Old Town locations and Charles Bridge. Spacious rooms and friendly service. Great value.

Highly recommended.

They have a Skype account so you can ask them questions and get quick answers, Ask for Zuzana, she's awesome.

• Liked — Location and friendly staff
  • Disliked — Difficult to find. Ask Staff for directions if you drive. GPS will bring you in the wrong way (Garmin).
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Slovak first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 5 February 2009

Two of my friends and I stayed at the Retezova for three nights in January. Before we arrived, we emailed them to ask for additional provisions in our room and they immediately responded and assisted. This is a hallmark of the Retezova and staff.

The Retezova is quiet and awesome. The room we stayed in was exactly what we thought it would be based on the descriptions and even surpassed our expectations. The roof terrace was also a great addition to the room and had great views of the surrounding buildings and prague.

The staff was always friendly and helpful. I can't say enough about how cordial they were and how well they treated not only me and my friends, but other guests as well.

The accomodations are also a VERY close walk to the city center and river.

I would highly recommend this place for your next trip to Prague.

• Liked — Staf
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled with friends
Geneva, Illinois
Reviewed 30 January 2009

Spent 2 nights in the Roma apartment with our daughter and son in law and had one of the best vacation stays of our travels. The apartment was superb and the staff was gracious and accommodating. Driving in Old Town was a challenge - I was happy I was a small car driver. Use the valet parking - check in and let them park your car for your stay. The location could not have been better for getting around on foot

• Liked — Staff, location
  • Stayed January 2009
Coventry
Reviewed 26 January 2009

We stayed in the Rio suite which was fantastic. A split level room with kitchenette on one floor and bedroom and bathroom underneath.

The hotel has the beauty of being in a perfect location in the middle of the old town but on a nice quiet street.

The staff were fantastic. They were extremely knowledgeable and very friendly (they didn't mind answering the millions of questions we had!).

• Liked — Its location and staff
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
Colorado
Reviewed 1 January 2009

Enchanting! Accommodating! Spacious! Relaxing! When we first made our reservations, selecting this hotel was purely luck of the draw! We liked the reviews and the fact that the hotel was located in The Old Town area. Traveling to Prague by rental car from Budapest, Hungary we used our Garman to navigate the maze of streets in Prague arriving without a hitch! Boy were we ever glad we brought the Garman or we might still be lost!!!

Alex was on staff to greet us upon arrival and he could not have been more accommodating! He worked to get our rental car picked up, called various shipping companies for us in an effort to mail our lovely purchases back to the States (unfortunately it didn't happen because it was WAY TOO EXPENSIVE), directed us to restaurants, tours, and at the end secured our final taxi ride to the airport!

Just about everything to see is pretty much within walking distance of this hotel, so make sure you bring comfortable shoes because the roads are all cobblestone! Also, ONLY use the "official" money exchanger businesses. You'll continuously encounter street guys promising great exchange rates, but their money is either counterfeit or dooled out in Hungarian Florint, which has a lower exchange value! DON'T DO IT! If the deal is too good to be true, it is! You've been warned!

Our unit was the New York suite which was huge for the two of us! It had a fully supplied kitchen, which was not actually used all that much. Since we were in Prague on Dec. 15th we were concerned there might be a lot of street noise from all the holiday merry-makers, but after 8 or 9 p.m. it was always quiet. We had so much fun at the Residence Retezova and in the city of Prague! This is a must see city full of magic and charm. Enjoy your trip and be sure to say hi to Alex for us!

Collenette & Tony Vervloet
US Citizens currently living in Lagos, Nigeria!

• Liked — Location, efficiency
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
New Jersey
Reviewed 27 December 2008

This small hotel was perfect for my first trip to Prague. I was there with my 10 year old daughter, and we stayed in the Madrid room. It was huge and had a nice kitchen and bathroom. The staff was outstanding - they were very helpful. They even gave us free tickets to the zoo. It is located right in Old Town on a small street, very close to the Charles Bridge and all of the restaurants.

This hotel is the reason I signed up to Trip Advisor - so that I could tell people about how nice I thought it was!

• Liked — The staff
  • Disliked — The air conditioning wasn't that great
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
USA
Reviewed 19 December 2008

I stayed at the Residence Retezova to spend some quality time with my parents and small children before Christmas. This was my first time visiting Prague (as well as my parents'). So...my main priorities were to: 1. find a hotel room that was large enough for all of us to stay together. I wanted to be able to put my children to bed at night and have quality time with my parents without waking the children (this is not easy to do in a regular hotel room!) 2. To be able to see the city easily on foot with two small children and "senior" parents. 3. And a beautiful, clean and quiet place to relax!

Retezova exceeded all of my expectations. We stayed in the Roma Apartment which was large and spacious. My children felt very at home there and adjusted easily. We were all able to explore the city on foot--even my 22 month old walked just about everywhere. My very picky father LOVED this hotel (and he always finds something to complain about!:) Finally, it was beautiful, clean and very quiet. The staff at the Retezova were very friendly and helpful too! All around it was a terrific experience. I would love to return to Prague in the future and this hotel would be my choice.

• Liked — size of rooms for price
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family