“Excellent Little Modern Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Popelka

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Popelka
Ranked #263 of 670 Hotels in Prague
Berkshire, United Kingdom
“Excellent Little Modern Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

We booked this hotel through a BA package holiday staying for 4 nights in late July and would recommend this place. The room is spotlessly clean and bight. The bathroom is spacious and we even had a lovely little balcony attached to the room which was a real bonus! (Room no 212)

All staff we saw were friendly and helpful, especially Jana and another young lady reception (sorry didn't take her name). They even helped us book the coach ticket to Karlovy Vary where we visited on a day trip.

The location of the hotel is also convenient. Approx. 7-8 mins walk to the nearest Tram Station where you can take Tram 9,10, 16.. to city centre. Whole journey takes less then 15 mins.

There are only 2 slight issues we'd like to mention for further improvement:

1. There was no coffee/tea making facilities in the room. It could have been better if at least a kettle was supplied.

2. The Wi-Fi signal in the room are not always as good. Several interruptions occurred during our stay. The problem was been addressed to the receptionist but seemed no easy solutions.

Having said this, we are happy with the time spend there and would like to thank all staff at Hotel Popelka for the excellent service provided!

Oh, forgot to mention the buffet breakfast was very delicious as well!

Room Tip: Room 212 has a balcony
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Vanderbijlpark, Gauteng, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

A big thank you to wonderful staff of Hotel Popelka. Their is just NOTHING negative to report on! It is near the Tram Station, excellent rooms and service. Please take note there is not a little supermarket nearby, so make sure you have all essentails needed before you hop off at the tram station.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Timisoara, Romania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

Very nice hotel, friendly service.
The location a bit far from the historical center but a very quiet.
The neighberhood is a bit creepy at night. No one one the streets.
Must go at a nearby restaurant Le lapin Bleu. Nice one.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank adicroi
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at hotel popelka, the room was very spacious, the bathroom was large and very clean and also included a bath as well as complementaries. Towels were clean and changed daily. There was a mini bar which was very reasonable ( a bottle of water being less than £1 (20czk) ). They were happy for you to eat in your room and even ordered take out food for you if you wished and provided take out menus for recommended local restaurants. I ordered pizza one night which was a very simple process, the receptionist was happy to help with the language on the menu as well, be aware the sometimes restaurants in Czech Republic will add on small extra charges in this case we had an added charge for the cardboard box the pizza was delivered in.

The staff were very pleasant and very helpful throughout the entire stay. Even before I arrived due to flooding just before I left I sent them an email asking whether the hotel was affected and had a lovely reply explaining that the hotel was under no threat and would remain open and safe.

The breakfast was lovely, it was continental breakfast everything was fresh and it was a good variety if foods and choices, a small cooked section as well with different meats to try each day. There was also a czech breakfast option of beef broth, I didn't try it, but it's nice see the option. There was also tea, coffee, orange juice and ice tea to choose from at breakfast too.

I was in a good location to a tram stop and the tram took around 15/20 minutes to get into town, during a busy time I think I 30 minute tram ticket for 18czk would be a safer option. Just as a tip I found buying 2 tram tickets from the machine before I got on the tram was useful instead of wandering around town trying to find somewhere that sold them and had the ticket I wanted available. If the idea of using trams is worrying and you are thinking against this hotel for ha reason, the trams are incredibly convenient and you soon get the hang of it! (Always buy your ticket before you get on a tram and remember to always use the machine on the tram to validate your ticket!!) but it's also a great Prague experience to use the trams and when you understand them, it opens up a lot of options for travel in the city.

Another good point in the hotel is the information the provide on arrival! They provide useful information and tips about the city, recommended restaurants, tips on how to safely use a taxi (without getting ripped off) a map of the city and other useful information!

Overall a lovely stay and a very enjoyable visit to a gorgeous city (despite everything being closed due to the flooding!)

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mason86
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights in the popelka.
Hotel is very easy to find. Just a few hundred meters away is the tram station u zvonu where every 3 minutes leaves a tram to the city Center. You can reach wenzels place in just 15 minutes. There is a free and safe parking place for cars inside the hotels area.
Room was very big and clean. Breakfast was good. Nothing to complain.
Just to explain why i gave only 3 out of 5 points.
Staff could be little bit more friendly. In the breakfast room no one said Hallo or good morning.
Hot Water pressure was low.
The last night a group of young people had a party in the room above. Didn't say nothing until 11:30 pm. Then i went to the reception to ask for silence. Don't understand me wrong. Young people have to party. But not in a hotel and especially not at midnight. Don't no if the receptionist went up. Party was going on.
But i would stay there again.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Popelka during may 2013 and I wasn't expecting much for what we paid for our 4 night stay but boy I was pleasantly surprised! This place is pretty perfect!
We stayed in room 213 which is towards the back/side of the hotel and has a small balcony, our room had a double bed and a single bed, tv, table and chairs, wardrobes and a gorgeous bathroom with one of the best showers I've ever used.

We checked in pretty late and were greeted by reception who swiftly did everything that needed doing and gave us some helpful maps and info, we went up to our room and I couldn't believe how clean it was! The carpets were hoovered, there wasn't a speck of dust anywhere and believe me we were through, mainly because we were looking for the safe (which we never found!).

The bathroom had a huge sink, a large shower cubical and a hairdryer, the only thing that worried me was the tiled floor, I had to used a towel as a bath mat because I was scared of slipping, but no big deal.

Breakfast was buffet style, and had everything from cereal and coffee to broth and salami. Everything that was cooked was lovely. Not usually being a breakfast person but I did enjoy the food.

The hotel is a few minutes from the tram stop which can take you right into the heart of the city. I liked the hotel location as I didn't feel like I had tourists right outside my window and the street where the hotel is, is close to silent.

I don't know what more I can say about Hotel Popelka except, I'd love to stay again!

• Stayed May 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

Very quiet, clean hotel. Stayed 4 nights bed and breakfast -booked via (Hotels 4U). Good choice at breakfast. Large car park at front of hotel, most cars Czech, German and Polish. We were in room 306 at rear on third (top) floor- access by lift or stair we never used stair.Staff I spoke to all spoke English. I would recommend this hotel N O T E all major sights within easy reach by tram and Underground ( Get map) Nearest tram stop is U Zvonnu were you can get trams 4 6 9 and 10
there is one every couple of minutes To get to tram stop leave hotel, turn right walk 70 yds to traffic lights, cross main road walk directly up opposite street after 50 yds climb stairs on left, at top turn right stay on pavement tram stop 120 yds same side. Purchase tram/bus/underground tickets at yellow machine and validate first use on tram. 3 Day pass the best about £10

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank JimCalder
RVavra, Director of Sales at Popelka, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear Sirs,
thank you for your stay in hotel Popelka and for your review.
We are pleased we could welcome you among our guests.
We look forward to your next stay.
Have a nice day!