“Great weekend away”

Ranked #21 of 358 Prague B&B and Inns
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Great weekend away”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I booked to stay here after reading all the rave reviews! We were not disappointed The Charles Bridge Residence was a delight for 3 nights. We were met by the airport transfer taxi service as offered by the hosts, perfect upon arrival and saves having to struggle trying to assess public transport, especially if you arrive late evening. Good price.
Martin welcomed us and took us to our room (6) which was right at the top, many flights of stairs but worth the effort :) large room with a beamed ceiling. It was also very quiet as it is at the back of the house.
Spotlessly clean and with kettle and complimentary tea/coffee was a bonus. Mini bar well stocked. Breakfast was a short stroll away in Bohemian Bagel and offered a good variety, really friendly staff.
Small supermarket and cash machine across the road also plenty of restaurants and cafes.
A really great city weekend and perfectly placed residence.

Room Tip: Room 6 is at the top of the building so be prepared to walk quite a few flights of stairs. But it is...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank weilandbird_13
Michal_Musil, Manager at Charles Bridge Residence, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear guests,
Thank you very much for so nice words in your review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay in our Residence. Please contact me directly in the future should you consider another stay and I will personally arrange a very special price for you.
Michal Musil

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
Chorley
Reviewed 24 March 2014

What a great little find this hotel is.Just at the end of the Charles Bridge.With only 7 rooms this is a perfect hotel to spend a break in Prague.The owner arranged transport from the airport at 690 krona,just over £21.The rooms are quite large with good sized bathroom.Rooms at the front can get a little noisy but have a view of the street with all the hustle and bustle of people passing by.Rooms at the back have no view,but are extremely quiet.Breakfast is served across the road in a small cafe,and with 7 different choices,there can be no complaints.Some reviewers complained that the staff serving breakfast were surly and miserable.we found them very pleasant and charming.All in all I would say that this is the perfect place for a break in Prague.

Room Tip: Rooms at back are extremely quiet
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Michal_Musil, Manager at Charles Bridge Residence, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your nice words in your review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay in our Residence. Please contact me directly in the future should you consider another stay and I will personally arrange a very special price for you.
Lancashire, U.K.
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Everything we booked, we got - from the taxi to and from the airport (booked via the hotel for 690 Kr each way), to the room and breakfast. Very clean, quiet (we had room 7 on the top floor at the back) and good location. No lift or reception, but we knew that; breakfast across the road some 20 yards away in cafe (no complaints). Prague very inexpensive and hotel good value for money; would recommend it. Only slight negative comment was there was no evidence of heating being on in the room (fortunately it was warm for March and the bed & duvet quite cosy); also the towel rail was not heated / on in the spacious bathroom (shower only and towels changed everyday).

Room Tip: Rooms at the back look out onto a wall; only room 7 on the top floor (four flights of stairs) has wi...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Michal_Musil, Manager at Charles Bridge Residence, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear guests,
Thank you very much for so nice words in your review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay in our Residence. I am sorry that I didn't show you how to regulate heating in the room. Please contact me directly in the future should you consider another stay and I will personally arrange a very special price for you.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Communication with the management was excellent both before and during our stay. Transportation from and returning to the train station was arranged for us well before our arrival. Our roon was spacious and comfortable and more than met our expectations. I would not hesitate to recommend this Residence to anyone wanting a great central location right at the foot of the Charles Bridge. A good number of excellent shops and restaurants are also located right outside the entrance.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Michal_Musil, Manager at Charles Bridge Residence, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
London
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I was impressed before I even arrived to the Residence. We were flying from London on the day of airport chaos and flight cancellations. Whilst I was worrying about having to call the residence and change the booking etc, I received a call from Michal himself telling me that he had seen on the website that the flights had been cancelled and he wanted to double check. He then rearranged our accommodation and taxi for the following day and we managed to stay an extra day as well. How many hotel managers do you know that would call you? In my experience none. In fact I was expecting being charged for the one night. Anyway, e had a taxi waiting upon arrival and Martin waiting at the door who helped us with our luggage. Well, the rest speaks for itself. Perfect location, extremely clean room that the lovely Tatyana cleaned every day (again not something you'd expect in residences), the beds were to die for! Spelt sooo well. Kettle and tea and coffee and small fridge. Everything you'd need for the stay. Although there isn't a reception as such, all our tour guides found us and waited just outside the door, and despite there not being an official receptionist or concierge, I went to Michal's office on the 8th floor pretty much every day and he helped with me restaurants, and maps so really, everything that a hotel would offer. I'd highly recommend the residence to anyone any day!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank SMUitalia
Michal_Musil, Manager at Charles Bridge Residence, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear guests,
Thank you very much for this excelent review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay in our Residence and that we could help you to rearrange your stay. Please contact me directly in the future should you consider another stay and I will personally arrange a very special price for you.
Michal, Martin and Tatiana
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Prague was possibly my favourite part of my Europe trip and I feel a large part of that is because of my stay at Charles Bridge Residence. We arrived here quite late in the evening, feeling very dishevelled, and one of the staff members was waiting at the door for us to help carry our bags up the five or so flights of stairs (no elevator but no huge issue) before personally showing us around our room and answering any questions we had. I cannot remember his name but his customer service was excellent and well appreciated by us after a long day. The room was clean and comfortable, and my favourite part was the large windows which you could open and then sit on the sill watching the busy street below. As a result of this it is quite noisy from the street during the night but I'm a heavy sleeper and this did not worry me, it was atmospheric! The residence also is in great proximity to the main sights of Prague, and steps from the Charles Bridge! The included breakfast across the street was great, with a variety of large meals to choose from and friendly staff, not to mention it was super convenient. Would not think about staying anywhere else when I return to Prague!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kaitlin F
Michal_Musil, Manager at Charles Bridge Residence, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Dear guests,
Thank you very much for this positive review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay in our Residence. Please contact me directly in the future should you consider another stay and I will personally arrange a very special price for you.
Buscoldo (MN)
Reviewed 29 December 2013

If you wish to stay in a super clean, comfortable, quiet place, then we recommend this residence!
Also, its excellent location is really convenient to the city center, right next to the charming and famous Charles Bridge.
Breakfast is served at the Bohemian Bagel, staff is helpful and friendly. Mini bar in the room is also available.
We spent five nights in room no. 5. No special view from the window, but a really quiet room.
Also, Michal will give you his mobile number in case you need assistance, and will arrange transfer from/to airport if needed. Highly recommended if you wish to stay in a beautiful historical location.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank TheBonalds
Michal_Musil, Manager at Charles Bridge Residence, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for nice words in your review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay in our Residence. Please contact me directly in the future should you consider another stay and I will personally arrange a very special price for you.