My friend and I booked this hotel off the strength of the reviews on trip advisor. If my friend was doing the review she would have given it at least a 4/5 however I think a solid 3/5 is what it deserves.
-Location is great, minutes away from Wenceslas Square and not far from Old town
-Price is right, per person we paid about £60 for 3 nights
-Staff was nice, they let me charge my ipod on their computer
-Room was spacious, bed was comfortable not too soft or hard. It was plainly decorated but that didn't matter
The not so good:
-Security - when reception closes at 8 or 9 there is an alternative entrance/exit that guests must lock behind themselves. One night we came back and some guests came in after. I noticed they weren't locking the door behind them, so as I went to do it they motioned to leave it. I believe they were Czech (only because of the jersey's the were wearing). I lingered to see if they were going to leave again but they lingered in the hallway. Basically you can be responsible and lock this door but if others staying there are not then you can't be sure of the security of the building
-Seedy street - another reviewer flagged this up. I wouldn't say the street itself is seedy but there are some 'girlie' clubs on it as you get closer to Wenceslas Square. We decided to avoid walking down that street in the night but did forget one night and went down it. It was fine, we did see some half naked women dancing in one of the windows. There were also men who hang about outside these clubs, I assume paid staff and while they tried to talk to us it was not aggressive.
-No computer - it would have been nice to have one on site. They do provide free wifi which is great but I didn't want to travel with a laptop or tablet so it was a bit annoying to pull up stuff on my ipod touch screen.
-It was cleaned to a decent standard but there were ants in the bathroom. This is minor however in my eyes.
Overall this is a decent find. If you are looking only at cost and location then 5/5. While those are important they aren't the only factors I look at. Also with the information I now have about the not so good things I wouldn't go back nor recommend this to family or friends. We booked last minute so if we had booked in advance we would have never chosen this place as there are so many more good options at good prices. In a pinch choose this, with more time go somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 3 Stars Hotel - Residence V Tunich 14, is located in the heart of Prague, only 300 meters away from Wenceslas Square and 200 meters from I.P. Pavlova Square. The residence is composed by 22 apartments in different sizes, up to 6 people with bathroom, equipped kitchenette, TV, telephone, house phone. In the reception area there is wi-fi connection without charge.Our Residence is suitable for both individuals and groups for short and long stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Hotels.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Residence V Tunich 14 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence v Tunich 14 Hotel Prague
- Residence v Tunich 14 Prague