“Not awful, but we won't come back”

Residence V Tunich 14
Ranked #423 of 649 Hotels in Prague
“Not awful, but we won't come back”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

First of all, it was my fault that I didn't learn this place. I selected the hotel through the map in that case.
ROOM. Dark - dirty windows and too fresh - one of windows can't be fully closed. The cold stone floor. There is no noise proof, you have to listen to your neighbors during every activity of them (shower, toilet, just moving). The couple of lamps wasn't work.
SERVICE. Although we went by reception 15 minutes before, girl from reception phoned us when we were trying to get our child to the bad. Her speech was started from "This is Reception". Check in/out took us more time than whenever else.
CLEANLINESS. Towels were clean and changed regularly. I have no complaints about daily cleaning, but windows were too dirty.
LOCATION. Perfect. You can reach almost all sights by walk.

Too expensive for this quality. One more time - it was my mistake. I had to be more careful in selecting of hotel.

Room Tip: Another hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
9 Thank Father_Aleks

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We were happy with our stay as the hotel was well located and very reasonably priced but on the morning of our check out a wallet, passport and phone were stolen from the room and the reception did not seem to want to help us or seemed surprised. So be wary.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
11 Thank Robbo480

Travellers are raving about these Prague hotels

Reviewed 15 June 2013

The location is great!! A short walk to the main street, and a few more minutes to the main square of the old town. There is a metro station around the corner, and a tram stop a few streets away, so you are very well connected here. It is a little bit noisy, particularly on weekend nights, because there are a few cabaret venues down the road, and it is in the centre of a busy city.

I didn't deal much with the staff, but they have been pleasant and helpful. The reception is only open till 8:00pm, and after that there are no staff around, which seems quite early to me. I had issues with the wireless Internet quite a few times and there wasn't anyone I could go to for help.

The place is very secure; you are given a room key and a key that opens doors if you come in after the reception closes.

The room itself was incredibly spacious and had a bathroom (with a very awkward shower) and a kitchenette which I didn't use, but would be useful. There were power points and a tv as well as cupboards if you wish t store clothes. A fan also appeared one day which I was glad of. The rooms get cleaned each day, including bathrooms.
Breakfast is also available for 150CZ, I never took up the offer, but it is a good option to have.

The wireless Internet wasn't very good; slow and dropped out frequently, which I wasn't at all impressed with. It has dropped out 3 times whilst I've been writing this.

**make sure your heater is turned off completely when you enter your room. Mine was set to turn on when the room reached a certain temperature, so I was sleeping with it in without realising. The guy on reception had no idea what he was talking about and I had to wait until later in th afternoon to get it fixed.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Tiana M
Beirut
Reviewed 1 May 2013 via mobile

The location of this hotel is SUPERB! And the prices are very reasonable. However, we had some problems with water drainage in the sink, and the room was a bit dim. All in all, if you're in Prague to enjoy the city and not the hotel room, this hotel is a very good choice. :)

1 Thank RafahElkhatib
Milano, Italia
Reviewed 17 April 2013 via mobile

Quite close to the center and Ip pavlova underground station.. but get ready to walk a lot to visit Prague. Quite cheap (1 night 66 euro for a triple room) and comfortable. Staff is really helpful and friendly. Wireless internet connection also inside rooms.

1 Thank Marcogian
Washington DC
Reviewed 20 December 2012

This place is very well located, close to main square, it is a good price, given that location, however, even a few small changes could make this place a much nicer experience. We stayed in two different rooms, and both were dull and not standardized. The first room had some dishes, which we intended to use, since we were staying there for 10 days. The second room didn't have ANY dishes. The decor is non-existant. The table at the second, bigger room, was half broken. The kitchen table is right across the bathroom, which is kind of strange :). Also all the kitchen cabinets open to the wrong side, which shows that whoever put the kitchen together did not think about it one bit. The cleaning wasn't great. As someone mentioned the curtains were in a dire need of washing. The walls are plain white with pictures and lamps way too small for them. There is an attempt for modern touches, with a mirror and sconces, but it falls very very short. Anyway - if you are looking for a convenient location and not to pay much, I could still recommend this place, but I would want to see some serious updates before I would consider staying there again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tudysem
Vara, Sweden
Reviewed 19 October 2012

The room was dirty, really dirty. The curtain was formally white, but now a shade of grey and heavy with dirt.
But the staff at the reception was helpful, friendly and multi-lingual.
I suppose you get what you pay for. It was very cheap and in the middle of town with walking distance everywhere. I´ll try and fins a better room next time i Prague

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple