“OK for a Quick Stay”

Ramada Airport Hotel Prague
Ranked #373 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I was in Prague for business last week, and I extended my stay by a day to go visit Kutná Hora. My flight out on Friday morning left at 6 AM, so I just needed a place to sleep for the night before my flight. The Holiday Inn is where I wanted to stay, but it was booked, so I booked this place.

The staff was nice and helpful, and the room was clean. Everything there is very dated, and my "King" bed was actually two beds just pushed together, so it wasn't particularly comfortable.

This hotel is a short walk from Terminal 1 of the airport, but international travelers will always be in Terminal 2 or Terminal 3. There is a free shuttle to the airport, though. It's only a five minute drive.

If I do this again, I will not wait until the last minute to book at the Holiday Inn closer to the airport. It's cheaper and seems to be newer and nicer.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
AirportPragueManager, Manager at Ramada Airport Hotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Dear customer,
thank you for your nice words about the reception staff and room cleanliness.
Let me correct you, we are located by the Terminal 3, which is VIP and government treminal, most of the flights go to/from Terminals 1 and 2, where we pick up and bring our customers within 5 min, as you say- on request and free of charge... so the location does not matter much by the distance.
You paid for a SGL room but we wanted to please you and give you DBL for the same price... I see it was not the best idea as DBL room has really two beds pushed together...standard SGL room is a bit smaller but has 1 bed.

There are newer reviews for Ramada Airport Hotel Prague

Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

I went there only for one night with my wife. The receptionist was very nice and helpful, the rooms were clean but nothing special, since we had no other option because the hotel is isolated, we went to the restaurant inside the hotel which was empty and I asked twice to make sure it's open since there was no one except the waiter. I ordered two water and some food. After a while the waiter came with the bottle water which was already opened and tasted like tap water. The food was nothing special, then I realized why the restaurant was empty. Finally the bill... The waiter prepared the bill hand written on a piece of paper and asked for €40 ( with his own rate of exchange) which included the chips (that I didn't order ) and insisted to pay in cash.... I refused to pay cash as I wanted to pay later when I check out. Then I noticed the look on his face when I insisted to sign...

I will go there only in case of emergency...

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Williamandsandra
AirportPragueManager, Manager at Ramada Airport Hotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear guest,

thank you for your review and for attracting my attention to your experience.
As for the opened water, it is a standard part of the customer service that we open the bottle for the customer, all bottles are original Bonaqua from CocaCola company.
I do not know what meal have you chosen but we have recently renewed the menu, putting there some new dishes of the international cuisine and some typical Czech meals. Two days ago we started planting fresh herbs in the restaurant so the customer can see herbs growing there and next moment on the plate, totally fresh. So we are improving our menu in many ways and it feel sorry for the comment like "nothing special", but obviously- how many customers, so many tastes and preferences.
I shall admit I am deeply sorry for the strange experience with the payment and hand written bill. All customers can choose if to pay cash or CC in the restaurant or just to sigh the bill and pay this at the reception desk upon departure. I have strictly panished the waiter who performed this kind of unstandard practice like insisting on one way of payment.
Once again thank you very much for the review and we will do our best in order to present you much better service by your next arrival.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

I booked this hotel for a late arrival and then for an early departure on my holiday.

I didn't know that Terminal 3 is not at all near Terminal 1 & 2. As a result it took my partner and I 30 minutes of asking various staff at Terminal 1 & 2 where it was and eventually catching a taxi (10 minute drive) to get to Terminal 3 and the hotel.

When I arrived, I said to the guy at the counter, "I have a reservation." He gave me a look and then said dryly, "Everyone has a reservation," and then started serving some other guy who walked up to the counter instead of us. With no explanation at all. Like, he could have said, "Sorry, this man was here earlier," or something to that effect. Instead he made us wait for ages. He couldn't even find out reservation and according to my partner (who speaks Czech) he was swearing profusely while he tried to work the computer.

They only gave us one key despite the fact there were obviously two of us. This meant when I went to go buy food there was no lights in the hotel room for my partner as the keycard is also used to activate the lights (like in most hotels).

There was a large spider that had spun a web under our mirror as well, which clearly means the room wasn't cleaned or checked for ages and they didn't give it a glance before they let us in.

The room was okay. There is a small cafeteria in Terminal 3 so food is close by.

But the stay was so underwhelming that I cancelled my second reservation and rebooked with the Courtyard Marriott near Terminal 1 (and was happy with the service and the location at that hotel).

Couldn't recommend this hotel at all. Probably best for emergencies only.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Asynca
AirportPragueManager, Manager at Ramada Airport Hotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear customer,

I am totally sorry for the bad experience with the receptionist, I know who this was and he is already fired, so no more customers can repeat this experience.
As for the shuttle bus, most of the customers appreciate it runs 24 h, it is free of charge and it goes on request- so no need to wait until some scheduled pick-up time, we want it to be as customer-freiendly as possible. For the pick up: we have the airport stall in both terminals. Terminal 1- the booth is located in the arrival hall to the right- there is a long row of offices and we are the first stall in the row. At the Terminal 2 the stall is located in the luggage hall (where you get your luggage after the flight). It is also possible to call reception desk: +420 22011 1250 or 1251 in order to get the shuttle. I am sorry you did not know about any of these possibilities.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

It is a classical Airporthotel, just beside Prague Airport and we did had a nice Stay there. There was large and nice decorated Breakfast buffet available. during our Stay there, we found all very clean and the Staff was top friendly. There was also a goodand fresh Breakfast Buffet.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gregorisenas

Dear customer,
thank you for paying attention to all we care for: nice customer service, great value of breakfast, cleanliness and good feeling of our customers. We hope to see you here again one day.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Room is tidy. Bathroom also. But nothing special. Far away from the city center. There is an mall close to the hotel called "Šestka".
If you need an hotel room unexpectedly it is fine.
Restaurant is not good because of old food (few customers per day) - I don't recommend it.

Room Tip: I like the room with view to the airport, because you can see airplanes and all the traffic. First f...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Dear customer,
thank you for appraising our services,
I see you rather liked most of it. The weakest point you mention is location- not close to the city centre. It is understandable, our hotel is designed for the airport stays, though city centre is actually not so far away- some 30-35 min. drive. I am not sure how was "old food" ment as we prepare all meals from the fresh ingridients and the menu was renewed some months ago, but you are right that each day we do not have some 100 customers :) as we are first of all the hotel, not the frequent restaurant in the city centre.

Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

Maybe I was spoiled staing in Brno (can't wait to go back), but this hotel was a huge let down at the end if our trip. I let a collegue book it. I forgot that he is penny wise and pound foolish. The score card adds up to a good hotel. Clean, good location (for the airport). But it is away from the terminal and the carpet matches the curtain, and by that I mean iron curtain. I found this place clean but depressing. The internet is free, but a pain. Every time it disconnects, you have to re-enter the password. The "hot dogs" and "tang" for breakfast make me think that I am at a hostel. If you must stay close to the airport for an early flight, stay at the Marriott. Otherwise.... Go downtown. The bus is $3
Even better.... Just go to Brno

On the upside, the staff are great and they speak good English.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I felt there very comfortable at this Ramada Hotel (directly at the Prague Airport), due its high class and professional Service. My Stay ther was for 2 Nights. My Room had a usual size and was pretty cosy outfitted. Very clean and good Bathroom too. On both Evening i went together with some Businessfriends into their nice Restaurant and there was a good Service given to the Guests. Much Choices at the Breakfastbuffet too.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo