“Ramada Airport Hotel Prague -- helpful people”

Ramada Airport Hotel Prague
Ranked #379 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I had to arrange a hotel for my daughter, and there were various complications (not the hotel's fault). The result was that I put the receptionists to some trouble. They were exemplary -- helpful, constructive, pleasant, intelligent and lots of initiative. I came away with an excellent impression.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
AirportPragueManager, General Manager at Ramada Airport Hotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear MIchael,
I would like to thank you for finding time to write a response. I appreciate your attitude to our staff, we always try to do the best for our guests. Your feedback is a reward for all. Thank you once again.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

I have travelled to Prague without booking and because of an early morning flight next day I tried to find an Airport Hotel.
There was an ad at the airport, so I called the hotel and I was picked up in 10 min for free, which is good. The hotel is not direct at the airport,
to walk is too far, so call the shuttle bus anytime, this services is provided 24 hours. The hotel was OK, good connection to the city centre by bus, it took round 30 min, but ok, what can you expect , it´s the airport hotel, not city. The hotel is located direct at Terminal 3 ( I was told it´s a private Terminal), so I expected a lot of noise. But I was really nice surprised, it was sooo quiet during the night. I had a with a great view at the airport field ( no traffic, just parked aircrafts).Breakfast was ok, satisfaction only.
Thank you.

Room Tip: take 2nd or 3rd floor, to the airport field
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Kate S
AirportPragueManager, General Manager at Ramada Airport Hotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear Kate, thank you very much for your lovely feedback. Itś a pleasure for us to have satisfied guests like you. Hopefully, see you next time!

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Very good hotel to stay, right from check-in till check-out everyone in the hotel was very friendly. Rooms were clean. Although, I left the hotel early morning, but the receptionist was so caring that she kept a take-away breakfast for me.
Next time I would certainly stay at the same hotel...
Tariff was reasonable.

Room Tip: Rooms on top floor are better
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
AirportPragueManager, General Manager at Ramada Airport Hotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Mr. Ravisaraf,

thank you very much for your feedback, I´am very happy you have enjoyed your stay. We do the best for our customer´s satisfaction. You´re very welcomed.
Thank you.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

This hotel is located in private terminal of Prague airport. Good to notice. You can get free shuttle buss to public terminals so that is not problem. Check in took long time as there was trainees on duty. Room was old fashioned but clean. Breakfast was ok. As this terminal is private there is not so many taxis available so book it well advantage. Anyway nice connection to downtown with taxis. Price was quite high compared to hotel level.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
AirportPragueManager, Manager at Ramada Airport Hotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear customer,

thank you for your review.
I see mostly you were satisfied with the services. Sorry for the check-in time, standardly it takes no more than 2-3 min, but sometimes when there are more people at once or a new receptionist on duty, it takes a bit longer. For 2014 we plan the room redecoration so the look will be fresher. As for the taxis, the hotel reception can book you taxi any time you wish.
Hope to see you again at our hotel

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I was in Prague for business last week, and I extended my stay by a day to go visit Kutná Hora. My flight out on Friday morning left at 6 AM, so I just needed a place to sleep for the night before my flight. The Holiday Inn is where I wanted to stay, but it was booked, so I booked this place.

The staff was nice and helpful, and the room was clean. Everything there is very dated, and my "King" bed was actually two beds just pushed together, so it wasn't particularly comfortable.

This hotel is a short walk from Terminal 1 of the airport, but international travelers will always be in Terminal 2 or Terminal 3. There is a free shuttle to the airport, though. It's only a five minute drive.

If I do this again, I will not wait until the last minute to book at the Holiday Inn closer to the airport. It's cheaper and seems to be newer and nicer.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
AirportPragueManager, Manager at Ramada Airport Hotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Dear customer,
thank you for your nice words about the reception staff and room cleanliness.
Let me correct you, we are located by the Terminal 3, which is VIP and government treminal, most of the flights go to/from Terminals 1 and 2, where we pick up and bring our customers within 5 min, as you say- on request and free of charge... so the location does not matter much by the distance.
You paid for a SGL room but we wanted to please you and give you DBL for the same price... I see it was not the best idea as DBL room has really two beds pushed together...standard SGL room is a bit smaller but has 1 bed.

Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

I went there only for one night with my wife. The receptionist was very nice and helpful, the rooms were clean but nothing special, since we had no other option because the hotel is isolated, we went to the restaurant inside the hotel which was empty and I asked twice to make sure it's open since there was no one except the waiter. I ordered two water and some food. After a while the waiter came with the bottle water which was already opened and tasted like tap water. The food was nothing special, then I realized why the restaurant was empty. Finally the bill... The waiter prepared the bill hand written on a piece of paper and asked for €40 ( with his own rate of exchange) which included the chips (that I didn't order ) and insisted to pay in cash.... I refused to pay cash as I wanted to pay later when I check out. Then I noticed the look on his face when I insisted to sign...

I will go there only in case of emergency...

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Williamandsandra
AirportPragueManager, Manager at Ramada Airport Hotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear guest,

thank you for your review and for attracting my attention to your experience.
As for the opened water, it is a standard part of the customer service that we open the bottle for the customer, all bottles are original Bonaqua from CocaCola company.
I do not know what meal have you chosen but we have recently renewed the menu, putting there some new dishes of the international cuisine and some typical Czech meals. Two days ago we started planting fresh herbs in the restaurant so the customer can see herbs growing there and next moment on the plate, totally fresh. So we are improving our menu in many ways and it feel sorry for the comment like "nothing special", but obviously- how many customers, so many tastes and preferences.
I shall admit I am deeply sorry for the strange experience with the payment and hand written bill. All customers can choose if to pay cash or CC in the restaurant or just to sigh the bill and pay this at the reception desk upon departure. I have strictly panished the waiter who performed this kind of unstandard practice like insisting on one way of payment.
Once again thank you very much for the review and we will do our best in order to present you much better service by your next arrival.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

I booked this hotel for a late arrival and then for an early departure on my holiday.

I didn't know that Terminal 3 is not at all near Terminal 1 & 2. As a result it took my partner and I 30 minutes of asking various staff at Terminal 1 & 2 where it was and eventually catching a taxi (10 minute drive) to get to Terminal 3 and the hotel.

When I arrived, I said to the guy at the counter, "I have a reservation." He gave me a look and then said dryly, "Everyone has a reservation," and then started serving some other guy who walked up to the counter instead of us. With no explanation at all. Like, he could have said, "Sorry, this man was here earlier," or something to that effect. Instead he made us wait for ages. He couldn't even find out reservation and according to my partner (who speaks Czech) he was swearing profusely while he tried to work the computer.

They only gave us one key despite the fact there were obviously two of us. This meant when I went to go buy food there was no lights in the hotel room for my partner as the keycard is also used to activate the lights (like in most hotels).

There was a large spider that had spun a web under our mirror as well, which clearly means the room wasn't cleaned or checked for ages and they didn't give it a glance before they let us in.

The room was okay. There is a small cafeteria in Terminal 3 so food is close by.

But the stay was so underwhelming that I cancelled my second reservation and rebooked with the Courtyard Marriott near Terminal 1 (and was happy with the service and the location at that hotel).

Couldn't recommend this hotel at all. Probably best for emergencies only.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Asynca
AirportPragueManager, Manager at Ramada Airport Hotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear customer,

I am totally sorry for the bad experience with the receptionist, I know who this was and he is already fired, so no more customers can repeat this experience.
As for the shuttle bus, most of the customers appreciate it runs 24 h, it is free of charge and it goes on request- so no need to wait until some scheduled pick-up time, we want it to be as customer-freiendly as possible. For the pick up: we have the airport stall in both terminals. Terminal 1- the booth is located in the arrival hall to the right- there is a long row of offices and we are the first stall in the row. At the Terminal 2 the stall is located in the luggage hall (where you get your luggage after the flight). It is also possible to call reception desk: +420 22011 1250 or 1251 in order to get the shuttle. I am sorry you did not know about any of these possibilities.