“Better than Gaucho”

20:00
Ranked #120 of 6,264 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Description: George Prime Steak is a contemporary American-style steakhouse in the heart of Old Town Square serving 'USDA Prime' beef, featuring an extensive Californian wine selection, exclusive Bourbon collection and hand-crafted signature cocktails.
Reviewed 22 August 2016

Enjoyed this with my wife for a lovely meal. Food was excellent and staff outstanding. Nothing too much. They explained all the cuts and gave recommendations based on what your taste was. Wine also fantastic and facilities A* - Would highly recommend this high class establishment if you want to treat your partner, impress clients or for any other potential special occasion.

Date of visit: June 2016
1  Thank DaveChigwell
Write a reviewReviews (2,464)

Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

......I absolutely would! This restaurant has everything - you want to celebrate a special evening, George Prime Steak is the perfect setting. Something a bit more relaxed following a day seeing the sights in Prague, George is the place to come. No matter what, if you want the finest steak, topped off with the best sides I have ever tasted, then George is the only place you need.

Date of visit: August 2016
2  Thank Steve G
Reviewed 16 August 2016

Awesome place, great sommelier whose recommendations nailed it. Some confusion over when to serve our food... but when finally delivered: Awesome. Great steaks, burgers, lobster bisque. Not cheap for Prague (but way less than same in London Ny LA or Chicago, so yeah, fair prices.

Date of visit: August 2016
2  Thank AgC2012
Reviewed 15 August 2016

I made dinner reservations months in advance to celebrate my father's 69th birthday at George Prime Steak. Upon arrival, we were impressed with the swanky restaurant. Our waiter, however, left much to be desired. Instead of telling us about the daily specials, he oddly discussed how excited he was to party after his shift. I was happy for his joy, but I was a little puzzled by his initial statements to us.

We ordered a scotch, a cocktail, and a glass of wine, and waited and waited. Our starters arrived, and we still had not received our drinks. We kept asking our waiter when our drinks would arrive, and he nonchalantly stated that they were coming. We finally caught the sommelier's attention, who immediately went to the bar and learned that our drinks had been spilled on the way to our table. Hey, mistakes can happen, but we could not figure why it took them so long to replenish the drinks. The shrimp cocktail was creatively presented, however, and my father enjoyed his french onion soup.

We cancelled our cocktail order, and then ordered a nice bottle of Merlot. The sommelier poured the first glasses, and then our waiter just let the bottle sit behind us as we started eating our entrees. As an aside, the house signature filet mignon was delicious, along with the petite filet. I asked the waiter to replenish our wine glasses, and he only poured wine into my glass while leaving my parents' glasses empty. Having had enough of the poor service, I asked to speak to the manager.

To say that the manager responded to my concerns in a satisfactory manner would be a massive understatement. He greatly apologized for the poor service, brought a beautiful (and complimentary) dessert for my father's birthday, and comped our bottle of wine, which was not cheap. We would have accepted a sincere apology, but the manager did everything he could to ensure that the remainder of my father's birthday dinner went perfectly. It takes a lot to change a poor customer service experience into a good one, and the manager changed our experience into an exemplary one. We would give George Prime Steak another chance.

Date of visit: May 2016
1  Thank VegasToEssex
Reviewed 14 August 2016

Top notch steak house on par with anything in the U.S. for less money. Although, compared to other restaurants in Prague it is far more expensive but it was well worth it in our opinion. The service, drinks, quality of the food, etc. were all outstanding.

Date of visit: July 2016