Old Town Square
US$174
Trip.com
US$140
  • Breakfast included
Green Garden Hotel(Prague)(Great Value!)
US$138
TripAdvisor
US$325
US$293
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsastronomical clockno elevatorperfect locationold townbreakfast is servedjunior suitedouble windowschristmas marketeach morninghuge roomrestaurant downstairshigh ceilingslight sleepersister hotelhotel is locatedbeautiful citywonderful hotel
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I found the Old Town Square Hotel to be a bit quirky. I would give it 3 1/2 stars if I could, because the rooms are huge and if you want to be in the middle of the action on Old Town Square, the location cannot be beat. But it is very loud day and night, with pub crawlers and others on the street until 2 or 3 in the morning. The hotel does not have a traditional lobby. The reception desk is on the second floor. One must push a button and be let up through a heavy door on the ground floor to get to the recption area. It is a very old building with some modern fixtures on the inside, but not all of them are good. For instance, the shower is of a very poor design and floods the floor of the bathroom. There is a tiny breakfast cafe associated with the hotel but no other food service. The staff was very helpful and they try hard.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 49er
otsh, General Manager at Old Town Square, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear Sir

I thank you for your review and I would like to take a few minutes to response to some of the issues raised. The OTSH is in a historical building dating back to the 16th century. The reception on the 1st floor is therefore the only place for the reception to be, in a similar way like there is in other hotels in the city centre. The buzzer to access is for guest safety, as we do want to limit and control who walks in and out. As a part of the hotel we have a restaruant with live music in the evenings and outside errace that operates daily from 10:00 - midnight. I believe that we need to instruct our staff to explain the situation more coherently and I appologise this was not done upon your stay with us.

I wish you a happy new year and thank you for bringing some of these matters to my attention. I strive to achieve hight guest satisfaction and do these reviews I do take very seriously and do act upon them.

Yours sincerely

Helena Valtrová
Gneral manager

Reviewed 8 July 2013

My husband, son and I stayed here for a few days in June 2013. The location is amazing, right at the Old Town Square, with the Astronomical Clock almost next door. The room we stayed in was huge. The staff was really nice and helpful as well, and would go out of their way to find information for you (if they couldn't answer your queries straight away). The breakfast was nice too and the staff at the cafe were really nice as well. I would definitely stay here again and would highly recommend it to others as well.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We stayed at the Old Town Square Hotel for two nights and we were not dissapointed.

Firstly the staff were very friendly and helpful.

The rooms are HUGE! Definately the biggest room we had in Europe.
The decor is modern and clean, with one of the most impressive bathrooms I have ever seen.
The shower was so good. The water pressure was amazing, I couldn't believe the river was still flooding with all the water I was using :P

The only issue we had was being in the centre of old town we did hear a bit of noise in the street at night. Perhaps this may not suite someone on business or travelling with young children. Great hotel and I would recommend to anyone who wants a nice play to say or a central location if you only have a night or two to see Prauge.

Make sure you do a Segway tour. BEST way to see Prague.

2  Thank Chantelle_and_Owen
Reviewed 28 June 2013

This intimate (only 10 guest rooms) hotel set in a converted 14th century home in the heart of old town square is one of the most outstanding hotels we have ever visited anywhere. In fact calling it a hotel is too limiting, as your stay here will be more like being welcomed as valued guests in unique private villa, which it is! Our junior suite (room 20) overlooking the square with the astronomical clock at it's side, and all it's marvelous atmosphere below our double french windows is not only larger than our living room at home (which is by no means small), but is a blend of old and new to rival that of Rocco Forte's 6 Star Savoy Hotel in Florence. From it's soaring 20' or higher ceilings to it's fine appointments and truly fabulous staff and service, to its unbelievably luxurious all new modern BIG bath rooms with heated floors this place doesn't miss a note. And talk about value, can't imagine you can surpass it anywhere. Add to all this a cooked to order included breakfast. If you are coming to Prague and are even considering a known 5 star chain, pick this instead. You won't be sorry. We can't wait to come back!!!

Room Tip: Ask for one overlooking the square (jr suite and above) and don't worry about the noise, double windows do the trick and the square is quiet from midnight through about 9 AM.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
otsh, Manager at Old Town Square, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2013

Dear Mr and Mrs. Weston

Thank you so much for your kind and touching words, they mean so much to me. I am so happy that you have decided to share your experience with other on tripadvisor and I hope I will get the pleassure of welcomng you in my hotel again. It was nice to have met you and talked to you over breakfast .

Have a safe trip home and once again, from the bottom of my heart, thank you for your kind words.

Sincerely

Helena

Reviewed 15 June 2013

Great location in the square .Not as noisy as I thought it would be as we had a side room.
Huge rooms with a great modern bathroom. Really pleasent stay. Enjoyed the hotel and it`s pleasent staff. Breakfast was freshly made for us in no time and the best poached eggs to boot
Not run of the mill, this place has Character and a feeling of being here from time gone by.
Away from the hotel take a trip to Petrin Hill via the Funicular railway and walk across to the castle area, fantastic views of the city. You will need your" Boots are made for walking"
Great hotel. Great location. Great City

Room Tip: Side rooms are quieter Good double glazing.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
otsh, General Manager at Old Town Square, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2013

Hello

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am so happy that you had a nice stay with us and I hope on your next trip to Prague you will stay with us again.

Have a nice weekend,