“great service and location but come for beautiful Prague not the tiny xmas market” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Old Town Square

Old Town Square
Ranked #142 of 670 Hotels in Prague
ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

I booked this hotel for its perfect location on Old Town Square as we were touring xmas markets. Great service, great breakfast with room, great wi-fi, great inexpensive pastries. If you are in Prague for pleasure, you can't find a better hotel. Lots of restaurants and shopping and all attractions within walking distance. If you are in Prague on business, however, and you need a desk to put your laptop and papers on, be aware there is only a very small round table in your room. We stayed in a double deluxe room with a view of the square. I do not know about other rooms. Also, if you need modern furniture, do not stay here. Otherwise, do stay and pick a room with a view.

Room Tip: Get a view of the square.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
otsh, General Manager at Old Town Square, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear Sir

Thank you!!! You are right that when choosing a hotel as a leassure customer, you cannot beat the location. Old Town Square Hotel is right in the middle of it all. I believe from your description that you were in one of our junior suites as that is the only ones that have the view of the square. I am happy that you enjoyed it and I hope to be able to welcome you back in my hotel.

I wish you all the ebst for the new year

Kind regards

Helena Valtrová

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

Booked this hotel on booking.com and it was no problem at all. Called a couple of days before hand and checked the reservation was ok. When we got there - you are in awe about the Old Town Square in Prague - it is breathtaking and the hotel is the absolute best place to be - central to everything in Old Town, and you can walk everywhere - Charles Bridge - 15mins, Wencelas Square 7 mins, clock - you are right there and Old Town is hopping.

When we arrived, you go through the restaurant and up stairs to the hotel lobby - when I got there, the nice gentleman remembered that I had called and he upgraded us to a 2-bedroom suite overlooking the square. So I do a lot fo travel and have stayed in a lot of great hotels - but this is the first time that I have opened up the room door and went "WOW" - 20 foot ceilings, gorgeous room, overlooking the square - me and my wife were in heaven and absolutely stunned with how beautiful this hotel and place was. Great bed, great bathroom everything was spectacular.

Breakfast was great, the hotel staff were great - THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE BEST HOTEL I HAVE EVER STAYED AT. If you are going to Prague - don't bother with all the others - just stay here!!!

Room Tip: Room 21!! Wow wow wow
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ssss8_9
Hello

Thank you so much for your lovely words. Its so nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and I hope I get the chance to see you and greet you again.

I wish you a happy new year and am sending my best and wormest regards

Sincerely

Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

Located in the beautiful old town square of Prague, spacious room but unfortunately our room did not have the best view and the curtain of could not be completely closed as they put the air-con pipe blower just below the window but it didn't really bother us though. Over all it was a nice staying as the hotel is quite beautiful with very helpful staffs, but was it good value for money? i am not sure about that, considering Prague is not expensive city. And also the breakfast have some rooms for improvement, it was quite poor for the room price that we had to pay relatively in Prague.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank ririwallad
Hello

Thank you for your kind words and for pointing at items that should be improved. I have taken these on board and we are looking into making stays for our guests even more memorable.

I am happy to hear that you did enjoy your stay with us and I hope to have the pleasure to see you again in the future.

Overijse, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

My 3 teenage children and I stayed in one of the family rooms, with big windows facing the old town square (the hint is in the hotel name) as well as windows to a small street on the side. The two connected rooms were very spacious, well equipped and the bathroom was excellent too. The staff were all extremely helpful and friendly (and as seasoned travellers we are not that easy to please :) and to top it all off, the freshly baked/cooked breakfast being served in the trendy coffee shop downstairs was excellent too. From the hotel most main sights are within walking distance. As mentioned by an earlier reviewer, having windows on the square means you enjoy some of the liveliness out there when in your room - but that is part of the charm and in fact with the double-glazed windows closed we heard very little noise. The only real downside for us was that - because it is located on the old town square - we needed to park our car a kilometre or so away from the hotel, and schlepp our luggage with us. But that is a minor issue and based on the service, location, cleanliness and its fair prices we can definitely recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: We stayed in room/family suite 21, with big windows looking straight onto the square and windows loo...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
otsh, General Manager at Old Town Square, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for your kind words. It means so much to me. I am so happy to hear that you had a nice stay with us. You are so right, our rooms are dure to its size our best feature and if you add on top of it the view that the rooms offer, it just short from wonderful.

Once again thank you for your kind words and I do hope to have the pleasure to see you in the near future again.

Helena
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

We stayed in the family suite which was very spacious and elegant. Great beds, good variety of TV-channels, good minibar and lovely bathroom!
Ca 5 meters of cieling-height really contributed to a luxorious feeling.
Friendly waitresses in the breakfeast café and overall helpfull personell.
The location is excellent, we could watch the astonomic watch from the suite which also overlooked the town square.
All in all i pleasant stay!
On the downside was the breakfeast hours, 9-11, and the fact that we couldn't use our key to get in late in the evening.

Room Tip: Would recommend the family suite.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
otsh, General Manager at Old Town Square, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Hi

While extremely late, thank you for your kind words. The key for access to the building is not given out for guests personal safety and more over as the building is in a complex of residences, offices and so on and so loosing the key would make it somewhat chalenging. That is why we have a 24h reception. Breakfasts are served daily from 08:00 - 11:00 which I beoieve is a wide enough space furthermore if you need breakfast earlier or later we can arrange for that too.

Once again thank you very much and I do hope to see you again

Helena
Rocklin, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

This place is fabulous! The perfect place for visiting Prague. The staff is outstanding and the rooms are huge. We are currently staying here for a week and are already discussing coming back. I would give this hotel top rating all around!

Room Tip: Ask for room 20 overlooking the Square
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Barbara T
Newcastle, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

I found the Old Town Square Hotel to be a bit quirky. I would give it 3 1/2 stars if I could, because the rooms are huge and if you want to be in the middle of the action on Old Town Square, the location cannot be beat. But it is very loud day and night, with pub crawlers and others on the street until 2 or 3 in the morning. The hotel does not have a traditional lobby. The reception desk is on the second floor. One must push a button and be let up through a heavy door on the ground floor to get to the recption area. It is a very old building with some modern fixtures on the inside, but not all of them are good. For instance, the shower is of a very poor design and floods the floor of the bathroom. There is a tiny breakfast cafe associated with the hotel but no other food service. The staff was very helpful and they try hard.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 49er
Dear Sir

I thank you for your review and I would like to take a few minutes to response to some of the issues raised. The OTSH is in a historical building dating back to the 16th century. The reception on the 1st floor is therefore the only place for the reception to be, in a similar way like there is in other hotels in the city centre. The buzzer to access is for guest safety, as we do want to limit and control who walks in and out. As a part of the hotel we have a restaruant with live music in the evenings and outside errace that operates daily from 10:00 - midnight. I believe that we need to instruct our staff to explain the situation more coherently and I appologise this was not done upon your stay with us.

I wish you a happy new year and thank you for bringing some of these matters to my attention. I strive to achieve hight guest satisfaction and do these reviews I do take very seriously and do act upon them.

Gneral manager