Old Town Square
  • Restaurant
Hotel Dar(Prague)
Rott Hotel(Prague)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsastronomical clockfamily suiteno elevatorperfect locationold townbreakfast is servedrooms are hugedouble windowschristmas marketeach morningrestaurant downstairshigh ceilingslight sleepersister hotelhotel is locatedbeautiful citywonderful hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 July 2014

You won't be disappointed if you stay here. Small and personal with the feel of a high end hotel located in the perfect spot in Prague

The staff were friendly and very helpful for the beginning to the end.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank KeithandLea
otsh, General Manager at Old Town Square, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

HI

Thank you so much for your kind words, they mean a lot to me,.

Hope to have the pleasure to see you soon again

Your sincerely

Helena

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel despite a couple of minor issues which I'll address at the end. My wife and I stayed for 2 nights with our 3 children. The room was very large and comfortable (Room 19) and had a beautiful bathroom. I have to say this hotel had a great staff which seemed very eager to please the guests. We stayed in 7 cities in Europe and a couple "boutique" hotels in Germany and OTSH hotel had the friendliest staff. Petr at the front desk was especially helpful at giving directions.
The in room breakfast was fantastic and I can't imagine how anyone wouldn't be satisfied. Our children were delighted with the selection.
Our room was a little noisy at night but I enjoyed it, I wish I was sleeping there tonight.
We had the best Wifi service here out of 7 hotels we stayed in.
My only negative comments would be the price and that we didn't have a view of the square. I had called almost 2 months in advance and requested a room with a view of the square and was assured we would have one by the young woman on the phone. We were dissapointed when we arrived but so tired from travelling with the kids and excited to see the city we didnt complain. The price of the room I felt was too high also as we paid an additional 80 euro per night for the children. Maybe a room with a view would have made it worth the cost.
Alltogether I would reccomend this hotel.

Room Tip: Room with a view of the square. get an e-mail confirmation
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank GregPennsylvania
otsh, General Manager at Old Town Square, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Gregory

Thank you for your lovely words. I am so sorry to hear the staff mistake with failing to notify properly your request for a view which was thereafter not carried out. I hope that you will come back to Prague and to our hotel and I will make sure my self to provide you with a room that has the view. I will do better and firmer instructions to my team to notify any requests to the guests profile so things like this don’t reoccur.

I am happy to hear that you had a lovely time with us and I trust you had a safe journey back.

Yours sincerely

Helena Valtrová
General Manager of the Hotel

Reviewed 5 July 2014

My husband chose this hotel as it is so central on the square and we only had three days in Prague. The entrance is through an outdoor restaurant and you do have to go through a locked gate to the reception but this was just nice and quirky and didn't bother us at all. However, the reception area was odd - practically just a table in a corridor and no proper seating area. Our room (No17) was just off the reception. It was large and the bed was huge and comfy. The bathroom, while beautiful, was oddly added inside the room!

We could walk everywhere and then be back in the hub of the square, which was great, but the downside was the incredible level of noise. While this is to be expected in a central location, any sound proofing was totally inadequate and not only could you hear the revellers outside and the early morning rubbish collection, but someone in the hotel seemed to be hammering something at 7am!

Breakfast was OK - I had an omelette one morning which was nice and the continental the following day was sufficient although not very inspired.

I am really surprised this is supposed to 5 star - it was nice but not that level of standard.

Small point - my husband told the hotel in advance we were there for our wedding anniversary. While we didn't expect anything in particular this was completely ignored so don't expect anything special!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PippaD38
otsh, General Manager at Old Town Square, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Dear Pippa and Alexander

I am sending you an email as well, as my staff has completely failed to provide anything for the wedding anniversary. I will not try and excuse it on the new girl at reception with whom you were corresponding as there are others, incl. myself, who should have been made aware, reacted and placed a bottle of champagne in the room, as we do for all our guests that are spending such a nice time with us. I cannot say anything else but that I am sorry to hear this. I am at this moment organizing for some flowers to be sent to you, as I get sad when my staff fail to do such small things that really matter.

As far as the funny bathroom you mention - that is actually an inbuilt bathroom which is the only way the local heritage trust would allow us to solve it. The building itself dates back to the 13th century and so one of the many requirements were that we were unable to divide the original lay outs of the rooms. This is the reason why the rooms are large and the bathrooms are a design cube with a glass top - as they were against anything that would touch the ceiling. The building is listed as a UNESCO listed property, so I do understand but it makes my job a bit hard at times.

As far as the noise is concerned, you are right. The Old Town Square is noisy at night. I my self have been in talks with yet again the heritage trust to change all windows, which is to happen this year, which I know is too late but believe me that after years and years of trying to impose this its a big achievement for me.

I want to still thank you for your words, as while it makes it hard for me to read, it is always good to hear what truly the experience of my guests was. I will also rethink the continental breakfasts a bit to make them more interesting, as you have pointed out.

I hope you had a lovely time in Prague and a safe journey back

Yours sincerely

Helena Valtrová

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Fantastic in all regards!

Location, location, location! Bullseye dead center at Old Town Marketplace. Windows to the square and the clock. Perfect central location for all your adventures. Rooms interior was fantastic, spacious, modern. Perfect!

The outdoor cafe was spectacular as well. Great food and staff. And beer! And the indoor cellar cafe has excellent entertainment every night.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Nice hotel, clean and huge room with a view to the Old Square! In-room breakfast was OK since there was no restaurant or bar in the hotel.
Great service. Late check-out only until 2 and an extra 50 euro for 2 hours is to much.
Location is unbeatable and all in all a great hotel, but it is not a 5 star hotel.

Room Tip: Facing the square, not noisy at all
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TORILBJERCH
otsh, General Manager at Old Town Square, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Hi

Thank you fro your feedback. We have just introduced the breakfast in bed / served in your room idea and I am constantly working on it to make it better and nicer. As far as the late check out charge is concerned, we are a small 10 room hotel and so any late checkouts means, that effectively we are not able to sell that room for that particular day. That is why, the late check out is charged. I am sorry that this was not explained to you properly.

with my regards