“Lovely hotel, fabulous location”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Residence Bologna

Residence Bologna
Ranked #335 of 672 Hotels in Prague
Walsall
“Lovely hotel, fabulous location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2011

Would definatley return to this hotel, the location is perfect for exploring this beautiful city. Our room was much more than we were expecting, we had a mini-appartment with living room, balcony, 2 bathrooms and double bedroom (no kitchenette or tea making facilities as mentioned in other reviews although there was a fridge) All rooms very clean. We found the staff to be friendly, breakfast was basic but it was fine, enough choice to set us up for the day (or until the coffee/ strudell breaks mid-morning) Other reviews complain of noise levels but we had no issues with this at all, even though there was a party of students staying- they even had their own breakfast room so really not a problem at all, suppose it depends where your room is.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JNR09

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Woodridge, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2011

Awesome location Near charles bridge, Great food and culture near by! Find Dalouha street. Old town! Good times were had by all!

Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank thewetnoodle
Hong Kong, China
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2011

I write to share my very terriable experience in one of the hotel in Prague, its name is Residence Bologna. I checked in to this hotel on 29 Sept 2010 and leaft on 30 Sept 2010. I settled all my payment on 29 Sept 2010. The hotel staff did not tell me anything about my room or charge me anything when I left. However, I found a charge from this hotel on my credit card statement in October. I sent an email to this hotel for enquiry. They told me that because a table lamp was broken in the room I stayed before. So they charged me 500 CZK for compensation. It is totally unacceptable behaviour. Firstly, the broken lamp was not broken by me. They did not conduct any investigation. Secondly, they charged me from my credit card without me consent. Thirdly, they didn't contact me to discuss about the broken table lamp. I feel that their behaviour is like a theft or cheater. The broken lamp may be placed in the room before I checked in or broke by another person. Or it may be their trick to cheate money from the traveller.

So don't stay in this dishonable hotel "Residence Bologna in Prague"

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank millaine

Travellers are raving about these Prague hotels

Arad, Romania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2011

The location is great: 5 minutes to Charles Bridge and a nice walk of 15 minutes to the Old Town. During our stay in Prague (4 days) we didn't use the public transport, we walked to every site. The room was ok: clean, confortable, TV, we had a small kitchen. The price of the room was also good: we've paid 52 E for a double room. We went by car and we parked the car in the hotel's garage and paid 20 E/night.
Definetly we would stay at Residence Bologna again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Doncaster, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights over the new year period. As previous reviews suggest the location is very good (within reach of Prague's main attraction). However it does get noisey early morning and although it advertises free internet we were unable to get online in our room on the first floor as the signal was so weak from the wifi modem. Breakfast is adequate and it earns its 3 star status. On a positive note the shower is excellent and there was no rush to meet the 11am check out time.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
nottingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2010

The title says it all really. I went with a group of male friends and I would highly recommend this hotel to all types of visitors young or old. The location is first class right in the centre of Prague, rooms were clean and spacious with good facilities. Staff were friendly and the buffet breakfast was as good as others I have had the pleasure of trying and pleaniful. All for around £18 per night........ MAGNIFICENT.

• Stayed November 2010
Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2010

Spacious room, breakfast not bad. Location excellent.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo