“Don't stay here” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Bologna

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Residence Bologna
Ranked #337 of 670 Hotels in Prague
sydney
“Don't stay here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

The location of this hotel is fantastic,there it ends.The hotel website shows spacious nicely furnished rooms-certainly not what we were given. A cramped room with air con that does not work a kitchenette we did not want but no jug or such luxuries.The breakfast is mediocre at best ,
The front desk staff are rudeand surley. When I asked at 3pm if the rooms were cleaned daily I was treated very rudley the cleaner then arrived cleaned for less than 5 minutes did not even make the bed. This hotel is appaling and I would not suggest any one stay here.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
ERIC F, Director of Sales at Residence Bologna, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear ccustomer, First of all I would like to sincerely apologise that your stay earlier this month did not meet with the required expectations and led to you having an uncomfortable stay whilst here in Prague.

It is extremely disappointing to read that you found the hotel to be old and offer no comfort to you whilst on your travels. Both the team and I understand that this is an essential aspect when being away from home and I therefore sincerely apologise that we were unable to offer this.

We are offering a wide variety of room types, it may not be to everyone’s taste and it is with great regret that we have not managed to provide you with an enjoyable stay.

You also mentioned the breakfast “mediocre” it’s a very heavy word that I cannot agree and it is a insult, first for our hard working breakfast staff that work from 5 o’clock every morning to prepare the buffet with fresh ingredients. I kindly inform you that we serve a continental breakfast with daily fresh home made cakes daily and others goods.

It is also deeply concerning that you found the staff to be unhelpful when interacting with them as this usually is one of the many reasons our valued guests return to the hotel to enjoy the friendly warm welcome that we aim to provide all of our guests from your day of arrival until our fond farewell. Again I am sorry that this failed to be delivered to you and offer my sincere apologies.

As a team we are constantly looking to improve the services and facilities we offer and I would like to thank you for providing such valued feedback to allow us the opportunity to explore new avenues in the way we deliver these.

Again, I truly would hate for this to stop you from re-visiting us or any of our other properties throughout Prague. in the future and should you require any assistance in making reservations please don’t hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Warm Regards
ERIC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

Dont stay here for the watery egg breakfasts. But do stay here if you want location location location. We got single rooms for 40 euros a night. The rooms were clean and very acceptable if you are on a budget and don't want to lose a kidney in a hostel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ERIC F, Director of Sales at Residence Bologna, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your effective review.

We feel totally gratified when we read comments like yours because the satisfaction of our guests is our main goal in all our duties.

It was a real pleasure to have the opportunity to welcome you to our Residence Bologna Prague and we look forward to a future occasion.

With very best regards,

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

I didn't pay much for my room so I got what I expected, a basic room but clean. Good for students or groups of friends coming to Prague. Bar is ok and reasonably priced, Bar staff member called Anna is the star of the show, very helpful and friendly. Look out for Roy at reception too, he's a nice guy and helpful. For the price you pay it's a good place to stay, I had fresh towels and room cleaned everyday. There's no kettle to make tea or coffee.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ERIC F, Director of Sales at Residence Bologna, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear client,

I would first of all like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay with us and pleased to see that you found the hotel to be in a great location, value for money with a helpful team at the Front Desk and restaurant.

We are always extremely happy to welcome our valued guests back again on any return visit they may have and we hope to be able to do the same with yourself. Should you be travelling through the city in the future please don’t hesitate to contact us to allow us to assist in this.

Kind regards,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Me and my girlfriend both 22. Stayed here 4 nights, stayed here because off cheap upricing and great location. Maids came everyday, wifi awesome password gave at reception, room size more than good enough for 2 of us. Only problem if it was colder the room would of been very cold due to poor windows. Our room was at front of hotel but wasn't very noisy at night. The staff was really nice and friendly no problems at all. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Adela P, Director of Sales at Residence Bologna, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Many thanks for your great review .
I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us and hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Prague and Residence Bologna very soon. There is a lot happening in Prague , hope you will be making the most of it! Best regards

Executive manager
SLC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

I think that the owner of this hotel never reeds these reviews, he (she, they?) probably doesn't care at all.
We've been to Prague for a few times, and this is the worst hotel we've ever had here.
The only one positive thing -- the location.
The rest -- just check all the previous reviews about noise, smell, poor breakfast, broken windows, non-working phones and TVs, and personnel.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Nadia D
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at Residence Bologna. I am disappointed to read that the standard of the apartment did not match with your expectations. We operate a very busy establishment with 142 rooms and this can come at a price - Some of our pieces of furniture can suffer from being heavily used, this is why you will be pleased to hear that we have started a programme of refurbishment and will address all the comments mentioned in your review. Regarding the breakfast I am really surprised because we have good reviews about it and we have really international breakfast with home made cakes also warm frakfurt sausages,and eggs.We have also yoghurt, cereals, cucumbers, tomatoes so I am surprised that it doesn't expect your needs.Regarding the noise you must admit that when you have 142 rooms you never know who will be your neighbours so it is also the risk being situated right in the middle of the city comes with its advantages but also with its issues (very small ones!),
Regarding the broken windows we are surprised because every day our technical team is going through the rooms after the check-out, in that case you should have informed our reception to repair it or change your room.
I hope you will come back to Residence Bologna and see the changes for yourself. If you decide to do so, please contact me directly at eric@pinellihotels.com - Many thanks and very best wishes.

Sales Director

Travellers are raving about these Prague hotels

Lomas de Zamora, Argentina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

Great location, and that's it. Everything else is terrible, front desk lady is extremely rude, rooms are noisy at all times, Breakfast is the worst I had in my entire life (juice tastes like salt water) windows don't block the sun, so be ready to wake up at 6 even if you don't want to. Broken TV.

Avoid if you can.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear client,

Thank you for kindly sharing your recent experience of the Residence Bologna. We value all feedback received and ensure that we use it to develop our standards and services offered to our valued guests.

As per our recent contact earlier in the week we do sincerely apologize for your stay falling short of your expectations leaving you not having completely enjoyed your time here in Prague.

As mentioned it deeply saddens me to read the experience that you had with us. Whilst we are a 3star budget accommodation provider we pride ourselves on the reputation that we have built through our high level of friendly, professional, welcoming service delivered by the team.

Regarding the breakfast ,we are very surprise because for a 3 stars hotel ,we havea complete breakfast with sweet and salted ( eggs, sausages ,home made cakes , tomatoes, yoghurts ,cereals, etc..) We do agree with you that the hotel requires some TLC in certain areas and this began with the paintwork in all rooms during the low season, now completed and in some floors carpet being installed from the 16th February 2014.
It would be great for you to return to us to see the difference in appearance since this has been complete.

I am very disappointed as the Manager of the hotel to receive such feedback. I certainly can assure you that this is not the norm which is the reason we are recommended by many different Travel Agents across Czech Republic and overseas and why so many of our guests return time after time. I understand though that on this occasion we did not manage to meet our high level of standard leaving you feeling very unsatisfied with your stay. to which we sincerely apologize for.

We would hate for this to prevent you from returning to us in the future and should you wish to do so please don't hesitate to contact me as I would love to personally organise your next visit and ensure that it is a comfortable one.

Warm regards
Monterrey, Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

malo, bad, feo, ugly, sucio , nasty.....
the cleaning ladies never cleaned enough good my room and the recepecionst
didnt know english either spanish.... that hotel was bad... the only good thing was that it was near the famous bridges and thats all...

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
ERIC F, Director of Sales at Residence Bologna, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear guest, Please accept my apologies for replying to your review at such a late stage .
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and feelings on your stay with us at the Residence Bologna. We value all feedback greatly as we believe this is the best way to continuously improve services and facilities offered to our guests.

It is disappointing to read that you found the certain areas of your room to fall short of expectations. Our Housekeeping department’s standards is one of our strong points at Residence Bologna, a reason why many guests return to stay with us, but the quality of your stay has raised some serious concerns. The issues you highlighted have been immediately addressed with our housekeeping department. At Residence Bologna we encourage all feedback from our guests as we strongly believe this is the only way to continue to achieve and maintain our high standards. Please accept my sincerest apologies in regards to this.

In regards to your comments about the team this is certainly surprising to hear as this is usually one of the many reasons so many people return to us and recommend us for the exceptional service they provide throughout and I am sorry to hear that you did not experience this. However,you cannot expect the staff to speak Spanish when you are travelling to Prague.Please note all our staff must speak English to work with us and our staff is multilingual, every receptionnist speaks at least two languages.

Once again I sincerely apologise that your most recent visit left such a negative impact. If you would like to discuss this further please don't hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel eric@pinellihotels.com

Regards