Hotel Troja
K+K Hotel Fenix(Prague)
US$260
US$195
  • Breakfast included
Boutique Hotel Seven Days(Prague)(Great Value!)
US$198
Hotels.com
Archibald City(Prague)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$174
  • Breakfast included
Lindner Hotel Prague Castle(Prague)(Great Value!)
US$208
US$164
Travelocity
  • Room Service
All reviewsmetro stationcity centrehigher floorhotel roomnight stayrooms are cleanpublic transportreceptionist
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 May 2012

I had a booking at this hotel but eventually did not stay here though I had to pay for one night's stay. The hotel is too far away from the city centre to be comfortable for a short stay, though the tram line is right behind the hotel and the metro close-by too. The area round it is not too nice and this detracts from the hotel itself. We ate lunch there and the restaurant was very spacious and the food good. I checked the rooms and found them to be clean and neat, though a bit tiny. Parking was free opposite the hotel and that is big plus. The staff at the reception was extremely helpful and understanding.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Other reviews warned of chronic overbooking, so we were a bit worried. The hotel was full, but since we were attending a conference held there, I'm sure they weren't thinking of bumping us.

The location isn't the best. A bit far from the city center, but only 10 minutes or so on the Metro. It's also difficult to locate from the Metro when you first arrive as there's little street signage and it's hard to get your bearings. But once you find, it's just a few minutes walk.

The room was small-ish, but nice. The two beds weren't together (not uncommon in European hotels), which was disappointing. The beds were actually fairly hard, but the pillows were very comfortable. The bathroom was also very nice and looked like it had just been redone. A nice small balcony as well.

Service was mediocre at best (something typical in the Czech Republic it seems). Housekeeping accidentally forgot to replace one of our towels, but the front desk didn't have the keys to get more. What? The front desk was also very unhelpful when I asked for change. I watched him give a waiter plenty of change, then immediately turn to me and say it wasn't possible. It's one thing to have a policy of not doing it, but don't lie to me. I just saw you do it! With the exact amounts I needed! It was a small bill and I only needed coins.

The breakfast was pretty decent, though the drinks were all awful. Burnt nasty coffee and watered down "fruit" juices. Didn't eat at the restaurant, but it was always busy at lunch with locals, so I take that as a good sign.

But hey, you get what you pay for. It's cheaper than many of the more central hotels, and the quality certainly isn't bad, it's just not the best.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Very nice hotel. Only down side is its a little bit too far to walk into the city centre however trams and Metro take you there in 10 minutes.

Hotel is very clean, serves great food and stunning views from the rooms.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 31 October 2011

The rate, €29 the first night and €49 the second was good. The room was comfortable if a bit small. It was clean and had a decent bath. The staff at the desk were helpful and were friendly. Travel to the center was easy once we communicated efficiently with the man at reception. The car was parked for free due to available space outside the hotel.

More 3-star than 4-star as it is rated. Was very difficult to find the place due to directions I took down off Google maps, darkness, one-way streets, and poor signage. A phone call to the hotel had us discover we were a stones throw from it when we were turned around and not sure where to go. I literally got out of the car and walked around a corner and there it was! But the roads to it from where I was parked were all one-way. Being late enough at night, I just went the short distance, less than 100 meters, and parked outside the hotel. Room was on the small side. Desk staff spoke little English which made it difficult for us to understand directions. Breakfast early one morning saw perhaps half the serving dishes empty, no spoons, milk, etc and no clean tables to sit at. I flagged a woman down from the kitchen and told her this, she shook her head in an understanding gesture and went back into the kitchen where things looked relaxed back there! I told the woman at reception and she immediately left her station and got things rolling in the breakfast area. Suddenly people started appearing from no where cleaning tables and restocking the buffet. It was the worst breakfast experince in memory. It took them quite a while to stock everything. This was 2 1/2 hours before breakfast was due to end. I'm going to say the breakfast dabacle was a "freak" occurance and recommend this property.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 October 2010

As reported earlier by other guests, also in our case the hotel was overbooked. We were send to another hotel (half the price) without any refund. We met 2 other couples in this hotel with the same experience. We found out there was a big conference around the corner and well paying business customers occupying our room. I'm convinced this is "standard procedure" for hotel Troja. The internet clients are used to secure rooms are filled and (even more profitable for the hotel) if possible transferred to much cheaper hotels.

Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple