All reviews city centre room was clean tesco express cold meats old town night stay stayed nights very nice hotel public transport tram lidl cereal cheese internet square
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Just can't get used to the tough mentality in CZ. Are they really Russian crooks? Are they just suffering from oppression where people/individuals really don't matter?
If you are a guest in a hotel, paying in advance, for weeks and you request a few more nights you will not even be notified that they will not accommodate you...All of a sudden your key doesn't work!
So, if they actually tell you to pay and collect in advance, you don't reside there any more!? I don't know. Is that clear? And what about my stay there when they were not overbooked...That doesn't count...
Nor does weeks of freindly chit-chat and not being able to take off breakfast and getting a sob story every time I want to borrow a cup from the restaurant....And paying huge amounts for laundry...
Any how my room was clean, fresh and spacious with very good shower, etc...
It's a non-smoking hotel, but many hours of the day and night I could smell cigarette and other combustables and sausages....
But just like the restaurant; if you want an extra sheet, you have to apply to Moscow because we do not have an extra sheet...But if you want natural fiber bedding we can provide hypo-allergenic pillows and blankets...Huh?
So, one hour before checkout time the compassionate, yet ineffectual young woman at reception simply stopped communicating with me (gone for they day), So I was out in the street with my trusty non-English speaking driver looking for a reasonably priced hotel...
Ps. Bad TV

Room Tip: Upper floor? Triples available at single/double price
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank John S
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Me and my boyfriend,couple in our twenties, had stayed in the hotel for 6 nights at the end of Sept 2013.
We arrived the hotel very early in the morning, and our room was ready for us.
The location of the hotel is within 10-15 minutes from the city center by tram who locaited next to the hotel.
The room was clean and spacious, and the breakfast was nice.
Near the hotel there is a great pizza, and two wonderful bakeries.
If you'll come to prague for traveling all day long, and you need a pleasant hotel to stay in - Vitkov is a great hotel.
We definitely stay there again and recommend our friends and family.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ofri P
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

Good budget hotel , staff are friendly and helpful , short tram ride into city centre (tram no . 9 ) all in all good value for money ! I would stay there again .breakfast was good , tesco express nearby.and plenty of bars and resteraunts nearby !

1  Thank John H
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here as part of topdeck tour sept 2013. Rooms had been renovated recently by the looks of it, bathroom was huge for European standards! Staff were friendly and helpful. Tram stops just outside about 20m away. Convenience store just around the corner. Really good location.

Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

You will get what you paid for. Staff is really nice and helpfull. Breakfast little bit poor, some cups not very clean. Good transfer possibilities to city center. Room average, clean. Big disadvantage are missing courtains so you get up with sun that is about 6.30 in summer. But generally fine for low cost travelers.