All reviewscity centreroom was cleantesco expresscold meatsold townnight staystayed nightsvery nice hotelpublic transporttramlidlcerealcheeseinternetsquare
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Exactly what we were after for our city break for a couple of nights to prague. Good rooms, good veiw, great location!!!!! 10 minutes on the bus to city centre! good value for money, good brekkie, good restuarants and bars on the same road!

Loved it!

Oh and the hotel staff were VERY helpful!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pinkgirlie88
Reviewed 9 March 2014

So, we booked 3 nights double room with breakfast on Christmas time for 86 € and really did not know what to expect but this was so lovely surprise. Everything was great, from clean and spacious room, excellent breakfast, very good staff to great location. Tram station is 150 m from hotel and you need only one tram to city center, it takes about 15 min. 100 m from hotel is bus station for main bus station. Really good neighborhood, near hotel is supermarket, restaurant, pub..everything you need. We had a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2014

l was very suspicious when booking six nights including breakfasts in 4 * hotel all for incredible £90! Even though I stayed during the off peak time of the year (beginning of February) I had zero expectations and was prepared for the worst. I travelled on my own, for a business purposes. I wanted a quiet cheap place where I can get a good sleep and safely leave my possessions whilst running around my meetings in Prague.

I was overwhelmed by how good this hotel is for the value. Completely beyond my expectations. Yes, you can find the breakfasts are not as grand and hotel rooms are a little tired but it was very clean, fitted with lock-up safe, bathroom had a hairdryer and TV with only Czech programs but all perfectly working. Receptionists were friendly, food good enough to fill me up for the start to the days.

I also chatted to a nice chap who turned out to be the hotel manager. He started running Hotel Vitkov only two years ago and has completely changed the design of the breakfast area, did the best to change the hotel rooms and general service and food supply. I realised all the bad reviews to this hotel are from three to four years ago. Since the management has changed I would nothing but only recommend this place. Clean and spacious rooms, good powerful shower, Wifi and breakfast - all this for extremely cheap value.

The hotel has a convenient location too. Tram no.9 took me to central historical Prague in 10 minutes and number of other tram and bus lines stop in front of the hotel.

If you travel on budget and expect only the best for your money, stay here and be nicely surprised like I was.

Room Tip: Although I stayed on my own, the price for a single room didn't differ from a double room. Ask for a double room facing the courtyard on a fifth floor (501 or 502) for a quiet nights as the hotel is set up on a busy crossroad.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Mrs L
Reviewed 7 February 2014

This is one lovely property right in the city centre. We had managed to get a great deal online and it was a steal!
The rooms are pretty spacious, and well done.I would specially mention about the individuals at the reception, who were very very helpful, and did give a patient hearing to all of our queries on absolutely everything, even remotely related to Prague!
The bus stop is just a stones throw away, and is well connected to the older part of the city.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2014

The hotel is neither close nor far from the historic centre of Prague, we were quite satisfied with its location. The personnel was very friendly and very helpful, speaking very good English. We were travelling by motorcycles so the private underground parking was a "must" for us and we were quite satisfied with it. The tram station was close as well us some bus lines in order to get to the centre without using a taxi. The room was clean with separate rooms for the toilet and the shower. The view was also ok. The only problem we had is that the bedroom had no curtains so when the sun came up we had to wake up! The breakfast was quite satisfying as well as the service. It was a good stay at Prague at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: choose a room with no front view as it's kind of noisy
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends