All reviews city centre room was clean tram stop tesco express cold meats old town night stay stayed nights very nice hotel public transport lidl cereal cheese internet square
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Well I dont know why everyone is so exited about this hotel, from 4 star hotel I expect so much more. First pain in the a ss was get there by the car, with location directly at very big crossroad and narrow streats its prety impossible to stop by the car. So we have to stop few streets away and the go ask where to go, Then our bigger car cant fit into the old garage. Room was small and very poorly equipped , tv table was broken in half holding by mirracle. Breakfast was good but we grab a juice which was near all drinks at breakfast and then we get fined for drinking it ( because it was just for sale??? please at least write it down next time!! ) ... also its pretty noisy outside because the crossroad. So if you are modest traveler without the car or with small car you can enjoy stay. But otherwise go for something else...

Room Tip: Try to get room with no view to the street if you want sleep well.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank stanislavholis
Reviewed 5 April 2014

The location is great, very close to two tram stations (which is the main mean of transportation) and a bus station. There's a supermarket right across the street which also has some machines if you ever need to print stuff (like a plane ticket) that works with USB as well.
Although the hotel is located on a rather busy intersection it was very quiet with the windows closed. (and it's a great urban view if your room faces the street)

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was decent -continental- (coffee sucked though) They don't have many tables though, so you might end up waiting or having to sit with a bunch of strangers. We also ordered some pork meat dishes for one of our dinners, which were incredible.

Rooms were spacious and clean, nothing fancy. Bathroom is fine. I don't think there were any English channels on TV and Wi-FI was very slow. I think it was a great choice though, I recommend it for those who just want a cheap decent place to stay in Prague.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Bogdan1986
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Exactly what we were after for our city break for a couple of nights to prague. Good rooms, good veiw, great location!!!!! 10 minutes on the bus to city centre! good value for money, good brekkie, good restuarants and bars on the same road!

Loved it!

Oh and the hotel staff were VERY helpful!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pinkgirlie88
Reviewed 9 March 2014

So, we booked 3 nights double room with breakfast on Christmas time for 86 € and really did not know what to expect but this was so lovely surprise. Everything was great, from clean and spacious room, excellent breakfast, very good staff to great location. Tram station is 150 m from hotel and you need only one tram to city center, it takes about 15 min. 100 m from hotel is bus station for main bus station. Really good neighborhood, near hotel is supermarket, restaurant, pub..everything you need. We had a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2014

l was very suspicious when booking six nights including breakfasts in 4 * hotel all for incredible £90! Even though I stayed during the off peak time of the year (beginning of February) I had zero expectations and was prepared for the worst. I travelled on my own, for a business purposes. I wanted a quiet cheap place where I can get a good sleep and safely leave my possessions whilst running around my meetings in Prague.

I was overwhelmed by how good this hotel is for the value. Completely beyond my expectations. Yes, you can find the breakfasts are not as grand and hotel rooms are a little tired but it was very clean, fitted with lock-up safe, bathroom had a hairdryer and TV with only Czech programs but all perfectly working. Receptionists were friendly, food good enough to fill me up for the start to the days.

I also chatted to a nice chap who turned out to be the hotel manager. He started running Hotel Vitkov only two years ago and has completely changed the design of the breakfast area, did the best to change the hotel rooms and general service and food supply. I realised all the bad reviews to this hotel are from three to four years ago. Since the management has changed I would nothing but only recommend this place. Clean and spacious rooms, good powerful shower, Wifi and breakfast - all this for extremely cheap value.

The hotel has a convenient location too. Tram no.9 took me to central historical Prague in 10 minutes and number of other tram and bus lines stop in front of the hotel.

If you travel on budget and expect only the best for your money, stay here and be nicely surprised like I was.

Room Tip: Although I stayed on my own, the price for a single room didn't differ from a double room. Ask for a double room facing the courtyard on a fifth floor (501 or 502) for a quiet nights as the hotel is set up on a busy crossroad.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo