“Overall a good experience”

EA Hotel Royal Esprit
Ranked #365 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have no major complaints but please understand this is not a 4 star hotel as you may know of in say the USA, Europe is different with many smaller hotels. My room had a large balcony and was good in size. Others have complained about the noise of drunks and church bells - well Prague is a bit of a party city and the church bells are part of the old world charm. Neither stopped my sleeping, Bed was comfortable, basic cleaning was good. Some maintenance always needed in older hotels. My only major complaint was varying temperature from the shower and an annoying shower cubicle that had a shower hose always in the way, Most staff spoke English. Breakfast lacked a toaster which was a let down. I think this hotel is fair value for money and the location is good,

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank BrisbaneNewDad
Farar-Hotel_manager, Front Office Manager at EA Hotel Royal Esprit, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear BrisbaneNewDad,

thank you very much for your review!

From guest as you are we really appriciate such a nice words. We will keep doing our best to keep you satisfied also with your next stay.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Excellent location, very clean, stylish room.Nothing what so ever to complaint! "Lokal" restaurant about 100 meters, worth visiting. Local food, local customers,very cheap. Try Tartar!
Hotel looks not so nice from street but who cares.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Farar-Hotel_manager, Front Office Manager at EA Hotel Royal Esprit, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear OskuTapio,

thank you for your review.

It is good to know that you enjoy our hotel and visit of Prague. We will do our best to keep you satisfied again!

Reviewed 14 April 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our recent stay at the Hotel Esprit. The room was spacious and comfortable with plenty of cupboard space. The beds were very comfortable and we slept well and considering that the hotel is right inside the centre of the city outside noise was minimal. The staff who were on reception during the day and early evening were very helpful, always willing to give advice about how to get to places and about the local amenities such as restaurants. They all spoke sufficient English. We thoroughly enjoyed breakfast - it was more than adequate to start the day and the surroundings of the art deco/nouveau decoration along with the appropriate music from the 20s or 30s all added to a very pleasant atmosphere. what really impressed and suited our requirements was the fact that the hotel is in the centre of the old town. All the main tourist areas and amenities are within walking distance. Even the Castle across the Vltava is a walkable distance, although you can walk to the nearest Metro on the corner of St. Wenceslaus Square (Mustek), go to Malostranka, and then catch the 22 tram up the hill to the Castle. You can't get lost because most people are going the same way. All in all a very pleasant experience. Thank you very much.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank David L

Dear David L,

thank you for your respond.

The most important is that you enjoy your stay and you like our city Prague. We will try to be better next you will visit us!

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I decided to spoil myself with a trip to Prague, which has been a dream of mine for 15 years. I booked my flight a week before leaving, packed my suitcase three hours before needing to leave for the airport. When I arrived at the airport in Prague I found a kiosk for hotels, I needed something in old town, well priced and nice... the lady there booked me in the Royal Esprit and I'm so thankful she did!
Jirka, Karolina, Jiri, the ladies that work breakfast, the ladies that clean the rooms and the other lady that works the desk at night with short brown hair were ALL fantastic, you really have a great team!!! Please give everyone a raise. Any issues or requests I may have had, like needing a 'do not disturb' sign or booking tours, were enthusiastically met and resolved. The rooms were clean, the location perfect, breakfast was good with lots of choices and again the service was above and beyond what I could have asked for.
The only thing keeping me from giving the hotel a full five was Veronika, I really hate to single someone out but I work in customer service and I would never tolerate an attitude like that in my company. I felt like I was an inconvenience with any word that came out of my mouth and an absolute imposition when my key card randomly didn't work twice and she didn't want to leave the desk to help me.

Thank you for everything! When I come back to your beautiful city, I would Love to come back and stay!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Farar-Hotel_manager, Front Office Manager at EA Hotel Royal Esprit, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Bernice G,

it is like a good music for us, reading your review. Thank you very much!

These reviews as yours are as a commitment for us. And filling us with new energy.

We hope, that it wasn´t last time we saw you there.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

The hotel was fantastic! Very much catered towards the guests' needs and we even received Valentine's Day treats! Location is amazing and perfect value for price. Karolina, the night receptionist, is one of the most resourceful and helpful persons I've ever met. She deserves a raise. Other than that, my only positive criticism is to fix the baths because the temperature regulation is like a woman, once hot and the other cold. Also, some trash cans in the room could be useful.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lalx154

Dear Lalx154,

thank you for your review.

I will give big plus to Karolina!

Reviewed 27 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Farar-Hotel_manager, Front Office Manager at EA Hotel Royal Esprit, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Recently stayed here on holiday for two nights. The hotel location is very good in the heart of old town Prague within easy walking distance to the major sites. The hotel staff spoke passable English and were helpful upon request. The rooms were a bit dated, large by European standards with small sitting area and the bed was comfortable. Free wifi worked well in the room. One small complaint was street noise, so best to request a room in the back off the main street.

Room Tip: Lots of street noise late into the night, so request a room in the back.